America, EVERYBODY's burden.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Sorry, I fucking forgot, America is the land of gumdrops and rivers of honey where women don't get raped and 76% of the world's serial killers DON'T live here, and there's no such thing as prejucide or suffrage. I forgot that America is a land where we simply frolic about singing about the Lollipop Guild.

mjcp

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
To anyone who understands true suffrage and isn't concerned with which continent the suffrage is taking place, there's no such thing as a perfect place with no shortcomings. America has it's weak points, and I enjoy the freedom to rant about them from time to time.

That's all I wanted to hear.

Suffrage = the right to vote.

Suffering, maybe?

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
That's all I wanted to hear.

You didn't want to hear anything, you read one thread by me and proceeded to execute judgmentalism about someone whom you don't know enough about to write a paragraph. How many 911 domestic calls have I lived through? How many times has my life been threatened (including bare hands and with guns, weapons, etc..) BONUS POINT; how many of those threats were from family members? How many funerals have I been to? How many times a day do I laugh? (Hint, even I frequently lose count). Before you go calling me unappreciative, learn a bit about me.

I went outside, smoked a cig, and calmed down. The thread TITLE is a cheap shot at a racist.....person who made a similar thread about Africa. Many of the scenarios I mentioned get discussed on CNN on a daily basis, and no one calls them up and says "You're unappreciative!"

If you REALLY want to discuss America, I'm more than willing to do so now without all the knee-jerk, but FIRST we have to erase this notion that suffering doesn't count unless it's in a 3rd world country. So....comments? Questions?

Last edited:

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This thread reminds me of the time Elizabeth Taylor dined with Queen Elizabeth and wore a low cut dress revealing much of her cleavage and the Queen turned to someone and said, "Oh, how vulgar!" and Elizabeth Taylor who overheard the Queen pushed up her bosom and said, "Ain't they great."

All the troubles America has adds to the unique dynamic which makes this country great. Our country has a soul unlike many many boring sterile culturally flat countries out there.

Where would we be if we didn't have any strife or had no struggles or problems to tackle?

Switzerland? No thank you.

TurkeyWithaSunburn

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Ok, we're all taking you too seriously, point taken. You raise incendiary points and slam everyone that responds, because you're only blowing off steam, and we shouldn't be paying so much attention. That cover it?

I think you sum up this post, and many others :rolleyes: :rolleyes:.

He who yells the loudest gets the most looks. Similar to who can post the most threads to rile people up, just to make a point you know...

:confused::rolleyes:

D_fitnesswitness

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Its apparent that Marley is just upset about something and just blowing off some steam...I think we're all forgetting that suffering is suffering.....it doesn't matter WHAT nation you're from. And injustice is an injustice. I can't blame him (Marley) for pointing out things that do happen here. I don't get the impression that he hates America or thinks anywhere is far superior either, for that matter.

I rarely post in the topics like these around here, because it seems like you all hang on to EVERY word someone says...whats up with that, folks?

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
He who yells the loudest gets the most looks. Similar to who can post the most threads to rile people up, just to make a point you know...

Yup, you got me pegged, I just wanted to rile people up, that's what I'm here for. You caught me red-handed.:rolleyes:

Its apparent that Marley is just upset about something and just blowing off some steam...I think we're all forgetting that suffering is suffering.....it doesn't matter WHAT nation you're from. And injustice is an injustice. I can't blame him (Marley) for pointing out things that do happen here. I don't get the impression that he hates America or thinks anywhere is far superior either, for that matter.

Let's not forget that some people piss themselves and orgasm at the chance to be judgmental. I should've seen it coming, a 23 year old talking about some of the ills of America? When a newsanchor on tv does it, it's commentary. When a 23 year old does it it's unappreciation.:rolleyes:

And you hit the nail on the head. Apparently life in America is such a Eutopia that no one here suffers or has a right to complain, and this isn't even any legit complaint, it was a spur-of-the-moment rant that's easly combatted by my COUNTLESS other light-hearted posts that....for some reason....don't get this much attention. Is it ME that's got a lust for negativity and judgmentalism?

D_fitnesswitness

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
'Tis the nature of the internet my friend. This is why I usually have one-sentence responses and leave all the discussion to my blog, lol.

However, youre right, the commentary vs. unappreciation thing...or at least, I agree, lol. I suppose its all because youre typing, and text isnt nearly as great for showing emotion/voice inflection as a real face. I think people in forums anywhere online should keep that in mind.

At least, forums in America.

The previous line was a joke, everyone. :rolleyes:

Yup, you got me pegged, I just wanted to rile people up, that's what I'm here for. You caught me red-handed.:rolleyes:

Let's not forget that some people piss themselves and orgasm at the chance to be judgmental. I should've seen it coming, a 23 year old talking about some of the ills of America? When a newsanchor on tv does it, it's commentary. When a 23 year old does it it's unappreciation.:rolleyes:

And you hit the nail on the head. Apparently life in America is such a Eutopia that no one here suffers or has a right to complain, and this isn't even any legit complaint, it was a spur-of-the-moment rant that's easly combatted by my COUNTLESS other light-hearted posts that....for some reason....don't get this much attention. Is it ME that's got a lust for negativity and judgmentalism?

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
:rolleyes: when will it end?

You silly goose, it never began. It's simply a case of certain members ignoring me until a thread like this pops up. Very few of you that are post-whoring this thread ever showed up in some of my others;

CDC may have underestimated AIDS cases
Wanna see some nasty beef curtains? (humor)
Weird food combinations
I'm 23 bitches!! (bday thread)
Interview gone wrong (humor)
Ladies, what the flying fuck is this?(humor)
Be warned! She wants to take your cookies!
10 reasons gay marriage should not be allowed (humor)

These are some of my threads too that you didn't post in as vigorously, some of you didn't show up at all. It's not my fault that you wait on the sidelines for me to have a moment such as this so, like a vulture, you can swoop in with all this judgmentalism and comments about my character.

Last edited:

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You silly goose, it never began. It's simply a case of certain members ignoring me until a thread like this pops up. Very few of you that are post-whoring this thread ever showed up in some of my others;

CDC may have underestimated AIDS cases
Wanna see some nasty beef curtains? (humor)
Weird food combinations
I'm 23 bitches!! (bday thread)
Interview gone wrong (humor)
Ladies, what the flying fuck is this?(humor)
Be warned! She wants to take your cookies!
10 reasons gay marriage should not be allowed (humor)

These are some of my threads too that you didn't post in as vigorously, some of you didn't show up at all. It's not my fault that you wait on the sidelines for me to have a moment such as this so, like a vulture, you can swoop in with all this judgmentalism and comments about my character.

We don't post there because those threads suck

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
We don't post there because those threads suck

Really? Lots of other people did, and they have high view-counts. Tell the truth, they suck cuz they don't have all the drama you enjoy. Considering your attitude for the past few weeks or so, you're definitely a Grade A Drama Queen. Would you like your crown now, or do you wanna criticize me some more or throw a hissy fit about green m&m's first?:rolleyes:

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Marley I love you, you know that. But come on here. It could be Iraq, Woman in burkas, being beaten for making sounds when they walk. America may not be perfect. And yes this country voted in a man with jello for brains twice. And yes we are broke, ok where was I going with this? Oh ya, Its still beats life in other countries. Lets pray things change for the better in november.

Thank you, Jas.

Perspective is needed here.

America is far from perfect, but at least there is a moderate degree of personal freedom here.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Good fucking luck finding a country with LESS racial hate crime, where women are treated better.

4,000 people a year die from drowning... that doesn't make America "swim haters"

40,000 die in car accidents... so what?

Manipulation of statistics is manipulative.

America has problems, no doubt.

But there are very few places on earth that are better for any group of people.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
America has problems, no doubt.

Duly noted, everyone except Marley is allowed to acknowledge this.

But there are very few places on earth that are better for any group of people.

Duly noted, when a person on the "not allowed to acknowledge America's wrongdoings" list, the complexity of the country is deflected by saying "could be worse". Tell that to an American rape victim, or a woman who had a miscarriage, or a father who's 4 year old son was gunned down by gang members. Tell them "suck it up, it could be worse, you could be in Africa". Then duck because they're sure to punch someone in the face for being so simplistic and inconsiderate. I LOVE how impossible it is for me to sit in the middle. If I say "something's wrong with America" it MUST mean I'm an unappreciative little brat who isn't aware that things could be worse elsewhere.

Oh, although born here, I grew up outside of America. I have seen plenty of other cultures. I'll take America, warts and all.

Me as well, though I hope you're not going to do like the rest of these guys and chastise me for mentioning those warts.

America is far from perfect, but at least there is a moderate degree of personal freedom here.

I agree, but I can think of a million situations where suggesting "atleast you have personal freedom" would condescend a situation someone is dealing with.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Nah, I don't sweep the warts under the table. We have ups and downs, internally and internationally.

There are a lot of people/things I would change, but I am powerless for the most part. I do what I can to improve America/the world (yes, I, too, have a life outside of LPSG), but I also believe that there is more good than bad here.

And I am Pollyanna enough to believe that the good will eventually prevail.:rolleyes:

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Nah, I don't sweep the warts under the table.

God bless you, I can't believe some of these reactions, I DARE any one of them to call America a perfect country. If it's not perfect, then do I not have a right to say so? No, I forgot, only certain people are allowed to do so.

We have ups and downs, internally and internationally.

No we don't!! We only have ups, that's why this thread is so ludicrous.:rolleyes:

I do what I can to improve America/the world (yes, I, too, have a life outside of LPSG), but I also believe that there is more good than bad here.

Same here, I can't say I've contributed much to the world specifically, but I do try to help out in my community.

ConnerM360

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I think this whole thing went sour. But I totally enjoyed marleys first few posts. I am younger than Marley and see the same nasty things when i look at my country and all the people I have met in it. I don't (yet) want to live anywhere else or anything (unless bush miraculously gets another term) but also we aren't the only country with freedom of speech. All countries aren't like China or Russia. It was the finest thing the forefathers did but we ain't the only ones.

Different note. I heard today on NBC that for the olympics the government of China had all their coaches sign papers saying that their athletes would not get hurt. Is that not RIDICULOUS!?!?!

B_JasonDawgxxx

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I totally get what Marley is saying. I dont think he is bashing America. Just pointing a finger at it and showing us its not perfect. But I will still take a country where a gay boy like me can suck cock and not get stoned to death for doing so.