Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Hi All

I'm not form the US. but I think that all your comparisons are So Wrong.. you cannot compare US with Africa. If you wan't to compare US. to something compare it to other Industrius countries Like Europe. And yes we have problems to but not nearly in the same scale. just my to cent worth

And I think marleyisalegend Is right on the money in alot of the thing he says but there allso some good things in the US. just remember that :smile: http://www.lpsg.org/members/marleyisalegend.html
http://www.lpsg.org/members/marleyisalegend.html

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
A lot of these problems are only recent, specifically the ones linked to our federal government. It's just that, when the Bush Jr. era started, you were only 15 years old, marley. You and I both came into the real world, so to speak, in this era. Since that's all we've experienced in our adult lives (let's face it, for the most part, it doesn't affect us nearly as directly as minors), it's easy to think that that's what America is all about. Our government is lead by racist hypocritical war-mongers. Sure, for now. But it wasn't always and it won't always be. Next January's lookin' good from where I sit.

Paving over forests and whatnot to build apartments and malls is just a part of industrialization. Besides, if it can create jobs and affordable housing, that's a pretty good argument for doing it. We've got other organizations, ones not filling the newspaper columns, to relocate the animals that lost their home. Though it would be great if they'd stop trying to be righteous about it and drill in Alaska, what with all the other land they've decimated in the name of industrialization. I mean, shit, might as well. Gonna have a much wider positive impact if we do.

As for rapists, wife-beaters and murderers, that's just human nature at its nether-levels. With 300 million people, law of averages dictates that we're going to have a large number of shitheads. We also have the widest diversity of people of any nation, so of course we're going to get some of the worst individuals. But we also have some of the best. Unfortunately, as far as the news is concerned, tragedy trumps triumph.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
These are some of my threads too that you didn't post in as vigorously, some of you didn't show up at all. It's not my fault that you wait on the sidelines for me to have a moment such as this so, like a vulture, you can swoop in with all this judgmentalism and comments about my character.

Marls, I personally enjoy most of your posts, including your rants ... but righteous victimized rants like the above make me wonder if there aren't lightening bolts agatherin' with your name of them.:madfawk:
(You really like being attacked. It feeds you.)

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Marls, I personally enjoy most of your posts, including your rants ... but righteous victimized rants like the above make me wonder if there aren't lightening bolts agatherin' with your name of them.:madfawk:

Like being attacked? That sounds really fucking stupid. What I like is being understood, too bad it doesn't happen very often. Righteous? I forget, we can speak things into existence by saying them.

I wrote a huge response about the sorry queens on this site who's sole purpose is to prove how unintelligent and irrational other members are, but coming from you who used to atleast FAKE understanding me (though it's clear now that you don't), accusations of me "Liking being attacked" and "it feeding me" is a low-blow. You know better than that. AMAZING how people who've never walked one minute in my shoes can claim to know me and my intentions, based on a few posts or threads. Fuck off, fuck you very much Rubi.

And fuck anybody who thinks talking about the bad aspects of America is called unappreciation. Sorry, I just can't breathe with my head that far in the sand, glad it works for you though. Oh, you have A LOT of work to do. There are countless organizations, newspapers, news channels, and politicians who are "unappreciative" as well. Of course, by unappreciative I mean they're just honest, but the same message from a different messenger can be given a whole new spin.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Media
Hypocritical. War-hungry. Overspenders. Racists. Hate crimes. 76% of the world's serial killers. The number of pregnant women who get beat up by boyfriends/husbands a year is in the THOUSANDS. Bombings. Robberies. EVERYTHING being paved over to make malls and apartment complexes. We kick out illegal aliens that are in college, but protect the ones that commit murder. Our judicial system is a joke. Our government is a punchline. We stick our nose where it doesn't belong, ESPECIALLY when there's oil on the line. We have a political system that promotes lobbying, constantly ignores the lower class, and the idea of a college education is now a business, not an expectation because few can be expected to afford it.

Did I forget anything?

yes, I agree our country is not perfect. And I agree that there are things that need to be fixed. But I would rather live here than any other country. Since you don't feel the same way, please leave.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
yes, I agree our country is not perfect. And I agree that there are things that need to be fixed.

How can you agree and then suggest that I leave for simply acknowledging something you agree with?

But I would rather live here than any other country. Since you don't feel the same way, please leave.
You're not making any fucking sense, since you agree with me, doesn't that mean we both should leave? When did I say I'd rather live elsewhere? I'm not comparing the US to any other country, YOU are making an assumption about me. You can join my list of people that need to get the fuck off my balls. I hope this isn't how you feed your patriotism ego, by acknowledging that America has faults than chastising someone for simply naming some of those faults. You're a hypocrite, and I suggest you pull your head out of your asshole before you suffocate.

Last edited:

Stretch

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
yes, I agree our country is not perfect. And I agree that there are things that need to be fixed. But I would rather live here than any other country. Since you don't feel the same way, please leave.

What other countries have you lived in?

Media
How can you agree and then suggest that I leave for simply acknowledging something you agree with?

You're not making any fucking sense, since you agree with me, doesn't that mean we both should leave? When did I say I'd rather live elsewhere? I'm not comparing the US to any other country, YOU are making an assumption about me. You can join my list of people that need to get the fuck off my balls. I hope this isn't how you feed your patriotism ego, by acknowledging that America has faults than chastising someone for simply naming some of those faults. You're a hypocrite, and I suggest you pull your head out of your asshole before you suffocate.

How did I agree with you? I simply stated that our country is not perfect. That is mainly because humans are not perfect. Any country with people in it, is automatically not perfect.......as is nothing else. Most of the problems we have, and many of them you listed, are because of choices by individuals. Not inherently because our country is bad. Yes, it needs improvement, but doesn't everyone and everything?

One basic problem with our country, or perhaps I should say with the people in it, is the inability of many individuals to be respectful to those who might have a different point of view. I see you have embraced that practice.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Since you don't feel the same way, please leave.

The same invitation to leave could be extended to conservatives and their incessant bitching about taxes, abortion, gays, immigrants, unions, the Clintons, taxes, social spending programs, climate change, taxes....

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media

Like being attacked? That sounds really fucking stupid.

Well, son ...:cool:

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
How did I agree with you? I simply stated that our country is not perfect.

That's the SAME EXACT thing I said in the OP.

Yes, it needs improvement, but doesn't everyone and everything?

I'll tell you the fastest way to hinder this country from improving. Go up to whoever's trying to fix it and tell them they're unappreciative for acknowledging that something is wrong.

I should say with the people in it, is the inability of many individuals to be respectful to those who might have a different point of view. I see you have embraced that practice.

The worst kind of irony, YOU accuse ME of being disrespectful to people who have a different point of view? The proof is in the pudding that you didn't respect me for having a different point of view. Your hypocrisy would be entertaining if it weren't so pathetic.

Well, son ...:cool:

You're one of the first people who went out of their way to see where I was coming from, though it seems you were either faking or your opinion of me, after one thread, has changed.

Last edited:

psidom

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP9uU5FlV1k

I'll tell you the fastest way to hinder this country from improving. Go up to whoever's trying to fix it and tell them they're unappreciative for acknowledging that something is wrong.

well said man...

america is suffering from stockholm syndrome.
our gov is the kidnapper,our tv and religion is the drug.
we the people are lost and spinning grabbing onto
whatever we can...unless,

we drifted like a sattelite,and gain a solarview.
ever read "the cave" by Plato?
this is what it is like for many, marley...

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't know what's wrong with some of you people. It's not as if Marley is telling lies. I ask you this:

Does the fact that so much is good about our nation mean we should roll over, shut up, and ignore the problems (no matter how glaring, no matter how embarrassing, no matter how unacceptable) that we have?

Are we not encouraged to demand improvement, and change? (I thought that was what America was about!)

Are we allowed to state our grievances only if we mention our blessings in the same breath?

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
YouTube - T-Rex - Children Of The Revolution

well said man...

america is suffering from stockholm syndrome.
our gov is the kidnapper,our tv and religion is the drug.
we the people are lost and spinning grabbing onto
whatever we can...unless,

we drifted like a sattelite,and gain a solarview.
ever read "the cave" by Plato?
this is what it is like for many, marley...

Quoted for absolute motherfucking truth. Thanks for articulating it better than I could in the angry state I was in last night. The "move to another country" posts are just as knee-jerk as my thread title.

As far as America, there are some great aspects of this country; our national parks are fucking GORGEOUS and I'm glad there are groups to fight to keep them from getting paved over. Our musical landscape is magnificent (underground, not mainstream). Aretha Franklin, BB King, all these great artists we born here in America. There ARE opportunities out there, but the stone-cold truth is that we fail to live up to our own standards, the ones that were set when this country was founded. Everything has been mixed up and tossed around, the lines are so blurred that the only response people can cook up for this thread is "move somewhere else". Free speech ain't really free, especially when people are allowed to respond to you based on misinterpretations of what you've said.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
All you can do is take accountability and responsibility for yourself these days. As someone else put it to me, "at the end of the day, it's all about what you can live with". All of the issues/problems you've dredged up, I'm not guilty of. What can I do about any of it ? Very little, try not to perpetuate any of it ! But it's still going to happen, because it's bigger than me. My hands are tied, can't be the vigilante and take cleaning up the area on my own without becoming the problem. All I can do is keep my eyes open and work within the system.

The Serenity Prayer

Lord, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

D_Myer_Dogasflees

Experimental Member
Media
america is a wonderful land, has given the world more than any other ever has, has tripled everyones lifespan through it's medical advancements, has brought us most of the things we love and enjoy. the US also has more than double the patants and inventions than eny other nation on earth., and although the crime is high, the crime prevention is also higher thanks to america. and besides what u hav to say about the enviroment, the US is still the most enviromentally concerned and is stil doing the most to be enviormentally freindly world wide

we can't live without you USA