America is breeding morons

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Argument over car brand leads to Oregon teen shooting
Associated Press - October 13, 2007 12:45 AM ET

CHRISTMAS VALLEY, Ore. (AP) - An argument over whether Chevy or Ford is the best car led one teenager in the remote town of Christmas Valley to shoot another teen.

The Lake County district attorney's office says that 19-year-old Beau Anderson faces assault and weapons charges after 18-year-old Scott Sprague of Silver Lake was shot on Oct. 2.

Prosecutors say Sprague was visiting Anderson to borrow or share some car parts when they began arguing about whether Chevrolet or Ford was the better brand. That's when Anderson allegedly went to a camper, retrieved a .22-caliber handgun and opened fire at a car four or five times, hitting Sprague in the head.

Sprague was treated and released from a Bend hospital, but authorities say he may lose sight in 1 of his eyes.

Information from: Herald and News, http://www.heraldandnews.com
Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Anyone with half a brain knows Chevy's are way better than Ford's. :biggrin1:

But seriously, this is wrong, it never should have happend. The fact that a man is going to lose sight in his eye over such a stupid thing is beyond my comprehension. These were young men, and they had a heated argument that led to a shooting over car brands. :confused::mad::eek:

If this generation is the future of America we are seriously screwed. :mad:

http://ktvz.images.worldnow.com/images/static/gfx/pxl_trans.gif

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I wouldn't say that America is breeding morons...but parents, the entertainment industry and the school systems are educating morons.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I wouldn't say that America is breeding morons...but parents, the entertainment industry and the school systems are educating morons.

The problem isn't so much the parents breeding them. It's that they don't raise, nurture, guide, and educate them. They put it in everybody elses hands and then when stuff like this happens, they can point the finger...

"Gangster rap did this to my child."

"The media always showing the 'good life' did this to my child."

We parents need to rais our children, not Madison Avenue, not the record labels, not the movie studios, and definitely not other misguided people in the street.

Take a hand and shape a mind. Is that too much to expect of a parent? I think not.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Preach it Rev. Osiris! :cool:

In addition parents need to stop trying to be their childs best friend and learn how to be their mother and father. When this happens then perhaps all this crazy nonsense will stop.

The problem isn't so much the parents breeding them. It's that they don't raise, nurture, guide, and educate them. They put it in everybody elses hands and then when stuff like this happens, they can point the finger...

"Gangster rap did this to my child."

"The media always showing the 'good life' did this to my child."

We parents need to rais our children, not Madison Avenue, not the record labels, not the movie studios, and definitely not other misguided people in the street.

Take a hand and shape a mind. Is that too much to expect of a parent? I think not.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Plenty of parents/kids are just fine. It's only a slice of society that does this kind of crap.

Every century (heck, every decade and every year) has its morons.

Such is the human race: some are dumb.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
True, but I think we have more child and teen murderers than ever before. I may be wrong, as I don't have the stats, but I don't think so.

Plenty of parents/kids are just fine. It's only a slice of society that does this kind of crap.

Every century (heck, every decade and every year) has its morons.

Such is the human race: some are dumb.

EagleCowboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Everyone knows that the best cars and trucks on the road are Chrysler products.

Case in point: those two morons were working on A CHEVY and A FORD. Had they had a Chrysler product, they wouldn't have been working on them as they don't break!! Thus, there would have been no shooting!!.

As it stands, Osiris pretty much nailed it.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I don't know if these guys necessarily represent the future but they do seem to represent the argumentative, confrontational culture of disrespect that results in so much violence in the USA.