America is breeding morons

hkwes

Experimental Member
Media
Most likely there was more substance to the altercation than a simple argument over car brands. America is breeding bad journalism, if anything.

T-Lex

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I typically drive imports (Toyota or Honda), but I have owned a few domestics in the past. In my experience, I had better luck with the Ford products than the GM (Chevy and Pontiac) products.

But, that doesn't mean I want to shoot you because you might prefer Chevy.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
TMM, you forgot
Fix
Or
Repair
Daily

Yes, this is incredibly stupid. How a person can think that it's okay to shoot another over a disagreement of cars is beyond me. Anger management, anyone?
Tee hee hee. I'm thinking a bit of lithium may have prevented this.:tongue:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You need a license to have a car, you need a license to have a gun, maybe you should have a license to have kids.
Great minds think alike! I thought that when I was in high school over 20 years ago.
I don't know if these guys necessarily represent the future but they do seem to represent the argumentative, confrontational culture of disrespect that results in so much violence in the USA.
Glad you mentioned that! I too have noticed this pervasive argumentative, confrontational culture of disrespect. I blame parents, lazy parents who want other people to rear their children.
I heard 20. Although that could of just been in London.

[quote=No_Strings;1063693]There was an article in my paper last week - 51 children/teenagers have died this year in the UK from knife & gun wounds caused by other teenagers. It's so sad. :frown1:[/quote]

Sadly the numbers in the US are double that. :frown1: :mad:

D_Mansworthy Meatwrench III

Experimental Member
Media
No matter what, stupid will always exist, and therefore SOMEBODY has to keep doing it right?

I blame it on everyone else but me. That way, when I do something stupid, it all rolls down hill, straight to the shitter.

All of you are right, but you forget that humanity was ALWAYS stupid, and always will be. We just have MORE of them NOW............and TV too.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Can I say amen. And they need to teach them some respect also.

Don't even get me started on this one. My 16 year old step idiot in the last year has:

1. Been arrested for trespassing on the high school cafeteria roof.
  2. Aiding shoplifting at Target.
  3. Driving and wrecking a car without a permit or a license.
  4. Shoplifting two cans of Monster from Safeway.
  5. Driving another car unlicensed and getting rear ended and rear ending another car in the same accident.
Mind you, I have been telling his parents for two years he was on the road to discipline problem, but his biological father fought me on Military Academy or a good Homeward bound. Oddly now he is willing to pay for Military Academy. I basically said that is off the table. he has caused so much grief and expense on my household he is about to get put into the court system or he can go live with him. Naturally he can't go live with him as he has a new wife and 3 daughters there and travels for work.

Did I mention I LOVE being the stable dad?

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The problem is the damn Republicans who have stolen dollars away from public education and thrown those same dollars at corporations in the form of corporate welfare.

Don't you know that they are skillfully dismantling the public school system so that the underclasses that can't afford to send their children to private schools have a second rate - at best - education. The only state in the union that requires that a student must pass a US and State Constitution test to graduate both 8th grade and high school is Illinois. They are removing history, geography, and "social studies" from schools across the country, dumbing kids down so that when they grow up they have no clue of how the government is supposed to work.

That's how they stole both of the past 2 presidential elections and that most young people don't understand why we have an electoral college.

Grrrr...

lorne

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
They aren't breeding them just raise and produce them at a higher rate then most countries. I read the other day there are more guns in the states than house hold pets. (fish dogs cats birds)

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
Despite America's great reputation for top universities, our culture couldn't be more anti-intellectual. I'm not sure how much dumber we can get before we are pronounced brain dead.:biggrin1:

Also, people are much more aggressive in public in American society than they were many years ago. Our culture does not shame aggressive behavior or disrespect to others as it would have many years ago. Social etiquette was much more enforced, I believe, in the 80's. Why this has occurred is not known. Although there are people who do behave decently in public, those who do not are increasing by the day. It's scary. Lots of bulldogs out there of all social classes, races, creeds, etc). Beware!:eek:

I long for the more passive Australian society (although there is not utopia).

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
Despite America's great reputation for top universities, our culture couldn't be more anti-intellectual. I'm not sure how much dumber we can get before we are pronounced brain dead.:biggrin1:

Also, people are much more aggressive in public in American society than they were many years ago. Our culture does not shame aggressive behavior or disrespect to others as it would have many years ago. Social etiquette was much more enforced, I believe, in the 80's. Why this has occurred is not known. Although there are people who do behave decently in public, those who do not are increasing by the day. It's scary. Lots of bulldogs out there of all social classes, races, creeds, etc). Beware!:eek:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Don't even get me started on this one. My 16 year old step idiot in the last year has:
  1. Been arrested for trespassing on the high school cafeteria roof.
  2. Aiding shoplifting at Target.
  3. Driving and wrecking a car without a permit or a license.
  4. Shoplifting two cans of Monster from Safeway.
  5. Driving another car unlicensed and getting rear ended and rear ending another car in the same accident.
Mind you, I have been telling his parents for two years he was on the road to discipline problem, but his biological father fought me on Military Academy or a good Homeward bound. I know what the problem was, his parents didn't understand you. You must have been speaking in ebonics like 'you people of color' out west do. I know it's true I saw it on Oprah. :biggrin1: j/k Oddly now he is willing to pay for Military Academy. I basically said that is off the table. he has caused so much grief and expense on my household he is about to get put into the court system or he can go live with him. Naturally he can't go live with him as he has a new wife and 3 daughters there and travels for work.

Did I mention I LOVE being the stable dad?

Oh no! :frown1: You must be going out of your head over this! Thank God neither he nor anyone else was hurt in those accidents. What part of no license, no driving do these kids not get? :confused: I know a few kids who have had to go to court over stuff like that.

I have always thought the driving age should be the same across the US. I say we make it 18. :smile: There have been way too many teen fatalities in recent years where teens were driving to and from school. I say put all their dumb butts on the bus or let them walk!

Regrettably your step-sons actions are a common occurrence all over the nation. I know that doesn't make your situation any better but at least you know he's not the only one.:redface:

The problem is the damn Republicans who have stolen dollars away from public education and thrown those same dollars at corporations in the form of corporate welfare.
Don't you know that they are skillfully dismantling the public school system so that the underclasses that can't afford to send their children to private schools have a second rate - at best - education.
I knew this 6 years ago! That is the main purpose of No Child Left Behind. To get vouchers approved across the land and simultaneously eradicate the middle class. The only state in the union that requires that a student must pass a US and State Constitution test to graduate both 8th grade and high school is Illinois. They are removing history, geography, and "social studies" from schools across the country, dumbing kids down so that when they grow up they have no clue of how the government is supposed to work. :angryfire2::headache:Grrrrrrrr:censored::angryfire2: Don't even get me started on one of my "the problem w/US education rants." It's late and I can't sleep when I am full of righteous indignation.

That's how they stole both of the past 2 presidential elections and that most young people don't understand why we have an electoral college.

Grrrr...

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
The problem isn't so much the parents breeding them. It's that they don't raise, nurture, guide, and educate them. They put it in everybody elses hands and then when stuff like this happens, they can point the finger...

"Gangster rap did this to my child."

"The media always showing the 'good life' did this to my child."

We parents need to rais our children, not Madison Avenue, not the record labels, not the movie studios, and definitely not other misguided people in the street.

Take a hand and shape a mind. Is that too much to expect of a parent? I think not.

Yes, breeding them, neglecting them, and finding excuses for them.

Add to that the fact that the educational system is hog-tied with no-child-left-behind doublespeak bullshit, where consequences in education are no longer enforceable and blame shifting becomes the order of the day, and a media driven culture where "gangsta mentality" is elevated to a desirable commodity, and it becomes a wonder that any of them can hold even a rational thought for long.

This of course is a crass generalization, because there are a whole bunch of fantastic younglings out there, quietly doing parents proud on a daily basis. But it is true that their opposites seem to be in ever greater increasing numbers.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, if it's any consolation 1/2 of the moron's in that exchange are now marked with one good eye. Now if we could only convince both of them to commit suicide, the process of "thinning the herd" would really be @ full efficiency. I say we look the other way and let them have a second opportunity to get it right. That's the thing with these moron's they wind up f*cking even this up.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Oh no! :frown1: You must be going out of your head over this! Thank God neither he nor anyone else was hurt in those accidents. What part of no license, no driving do these kids not get? :confused: I know a few kids who have had to go to court over stuff like that.

I have always thought the driving age should be the same across the US. I say we make it 18. :smile: There have been way too many teen fatalities in recent years where teens were driving to and from school. I say put all their dumb butts on the bus or let them walk!

Regrettably your step-sons actions are a common occurrence all over the nation. I know that doesn't make your situation any better but at least you know he's not the only one.:redface:

Oh not at all. Quite to the contrary. I get my satisfaction taking him over to Bothell Police Station every Saturday where he washes the police cruisers while dad and his best friend (A Bothell Lieutenant Detective) drink Starbuck's and taunt him. Did I mention he gets no Starbucks? Catholic guilt and redemption can be a beautiful thing if wielded properly. :wink:

we're not going to evolve until we develop better aim, apparently.

Hopefully NASA is working on a shuttle mission to a black hole and these twits will hitch a ride. We can only hope.

Yes, breeding them, neglecting them, and finding excuses for them.

Add to that the fact that the educational system is hog-tied with no-child-left-behind doublespeak bullshit, where consequences in education are no longer enforceable and blame shifting becomes the order of the day, and a media driven culture where "gangsta mentality" is elevated to a desirable commodity, and it becomes a wonder that any of them can hold even a rational thought for long.

This of course is a crass generalization, because there are a whole bunch of fantastic younglings out there, quietly doing parents proud on a daily basis. But it is true that their opposites seem to be in ever greater increasing numbers.

I guess breeding is a problem, but as you also say for every one smart kid doing his folks proud, there are a hundred doing the opposite.

Well, if it's any consolation 1/2 of the moron's in that exchange are now marked with one good eye. Now if we could only convince both of them to commit suicide, the process of "thinning the herd" would really be @ full efficiency. I say we look the other way and let them have a second opportunity to get it right. That's the thing with these moron's they wind up f*cking even this up.

Or better yet, shut them in an arena with my non-driving 16 year old behind a whell and all of them running around as he drives. That might thin out the herd.:biggrin1:

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual