stratedude

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Amen Brother.

These fucktards are blind to ultimate corruption because they get a piece of the pie.

Others are just plain igornant and stupid that they go along, because they have no courage or strength to make a cut of their own opinion.

Your opinion is based on an irrational fantasy that everyone that supports freedom and conservatism is obtaining money or entitlements they didn't earn to justify your true feelings of ENVY. Wake up. Most of the people you hate dont make any more money than you or your friends. They just don't oppose other people earning money like you do.

Whats ironic is it seems more greedy to me to want other peoples money. Projection? Look it up in a psychology book sometime.

justasimpleguy

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
This obsession with defense spending makes no sense. We spend half as much as the rest of the world on our military and you want to spend more? Do you know what asymmetrical warfare means for a conventional military?

To think what we could have accomplished with all that money.

D

deleted15807

Our debt load is too high, and we pass another trillion dollar entitlement? This model is not sustainable and most likely we will end up with lower defense spending to cover the HUGE increase in spending for this new program.

More money to fight more imaginary enemies while people die in emergency rooms daily due to lack of health care. That's smart. Really smart.

And oppps it's really not huge at ALL:

How big is the bill, really?

The $900 billion price tag is repeated with the regularity of a rooster's crow. That's a shame, as the number is, somewhat impressively, misleading in both directions.

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Tomcat, Solar is useful, but nuclear is the KEY to our energy future. The libs have fought against any new nuclear facilities since the early 1970s. Most importantly we have the oil reserves, and natural gas reserves, to help meet the needs we have NOW but the current administration along with the EPA will not allow this to happen. Russia is now drilling off the coast of Cuba and finding huge oil reserves, which we could use to solve our energy problems just as easily. Also, wind farms are a joke. T. Boone Pickens invested billions and has decided that he will just take the loss as it will not produce enough energy to be a sufficient supply for anyone. It is too costly to erect the farms, and it is very difficult to deliver the power supply to surrounding areas. Wind is a HUGE waste of time and effort when compared to the viable methods we already have. In the mean time solutions can be found but the short term needs must be met, which means an adjustment in policy in a way that actually makes sense. Considering that this administration is proving to be even less adept than the previous, which I thought to be impossible, I do not see this happening.

Where do we have oil reserves that are remotely large enough to satisfy our voracious consumption? Not in this country, unfortunatley. Hence our foreign policy of many years.

finsuptx

Expert Member
Media
And the chickens in the barnyard started flapping around and feathers flew! "The sky is falling! The sky is falling!"

I would rather see a TRILLION dollars spent on at least TRYING to make our population/workforce healthier for the long term, so that we ARE in a better position to hold onto our superpower status. That idea makes much more fiscal sense to me than the TRILLION+ we've spent in Iraq, where I have YET to see and I will NEVER see any sort of payback.

Why are people SO opposed to making insurance companies spend on CARE instead of forking out to shareholders?

Why are people SO opposed to the idea that your kids can stay on your plan longer?

Why are people SO opposed to telling a huge conglomerate that they can't drop someone because they got sick?

Why are people SO opposed to telling these conglomerates that they can't cherry pick their customers, and only take the ones that will ensure them obscene profits?

Alarmists flailing about and apparently they can't seen the truth for all their ruffled feathers fluttering about. The sky isn't falling anymore today than it was yesterday. Get a grip!

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
And the chickens in the barnyard started flapping around and feathers flew! "The sky is falling! The sky is falling!"

I would rather see a TRILLION dollars spent on at least TRYING to make our population/workforce healthier for the long term, so that we ARE in a better position to hold onto our superpower status. That idea makes much more fiscal sense to me than the TRILLION+ we've spent in Iraq, where I have YET to see and I will NEVER see any sort of payback.

Why are people SO opposed to making insurance companies spend on CARE instead of forking out to shareholders?

Why are people SO opposed to the idea that your kids can stay on your plan longer?

Why are people SO opposed to telling a huge conglomerate that they can't drop someone because they got sick?

Why are people SO opposed to telling these conglomerates that they can't cherry pick their customers, and only take the ones that will ensure them obscene profits?

Alarmists flailing about and apparently they can't seen the truth for all their ruffled feathers fluttering about. The sky isn't falling anymore today than it was yesterday. Get a grip!
Because FOX news tells them to.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Damn it, Industrialsize! You're far too correct and on target.

BTW: Recently read some developing news that Sean Hannity's "scholarship fund" for the surviving children of Veterans' killed in action hands out only $1,000 to $3,000 per kid, and uses 80% of what it takes in to pay for running the charity -- not scholarships. Do you think the poster boy of the red white and bluish may have found himself a way to travel around the country and call it "charity work"? Film at 11:00.

captain garbonzo

Experimental Member
Media
I can understand people's fears about this. The government can't run almost anything cost efficient for one thing. And I don't care for the idea that we get penalized for not having health insurance starting 2014. But look at the alternatives of the free for all mentality insurance and financial institutions have wreaked upon us. It can't continue like this.

I don't have much hope the government can pull this off within their budget projection, as it will probably end up costing far more. But let's give it a shot. It's all speculation right now and not worth so much useless argument. Let's wait and see if the positives outweigh the negatives...

Anyway you look at it, China will take over as the #1 world power. It's coming, regardless. We are too deep in the hole now to change anything. So get ready. The thought of that unknown scares me more than anything....

B_nyvin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Our debt load is too high, and we pass another trillion dollar entitlement? This model is not sustainable and most likely we will end up with lower defense spending to cover the HUGE increase in spending for this new program. When we spend less on defense not only will we become more vulnerable so will the whole of Europe and our allies. Don't believe me? Just look at Europe, specifically Britain and France, and tell me that their military structures are capable of erecting a large enough force to actually fight a significant war with ANYONE. The idea of socialized medicine is a disaster, and in this country is a move away from sound principle and freedoms. This program is going to be too expensive, but most importantly this was a signal to the people of this country that what the MAJORITY want does not matter and the New Class is going to dictate to us from now on. We will not fall, if the people who are suddenly active, are determined and focused on putting people into office who will shrink the size and scope of government and LEAD us in a better more prosperous direction.

Britain and France both have nuclear warheads...what else do they need? Large scale organized warfare isn't possible anymore. Only bullying 3rd world countries is.

Socialize medicine isn't anything worse then what we're heading to, unless you want the government to spend 20.9% of it's income on healthcare by 2015?

Domestic US oil production has been in constant decline since 1988, and consumption has only gone up, ANWR and offshore drilling will NEVER be enough to satisfy our consumption needs, not even close, ever, 100% impossible.

D

deleted15807

Anyway you look at it, China will take over as the #1 world power. It's coming, regardless.

And the same private industry barons whose cocks we are supposed to be sucking everyday are the ones who've decided lets have this made in China. Everything you flip over says 'Made In China' and every time you see that it means US dollars have left the country and jobs as well. I bought an iMac and was given a FexEx shipping number. Wow I can watch it leave Shanghai and venture all the way across the world to my door in Virginia. Beautiful.

jtmony08

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
America will FALL? Are you kidding me? What evidence do you have to show America will fall? Also, who's going to replace us? Something to remember about America which by the way makes us great. 1) We give more to the world than any other country. (we don't receive much in return) 2) American are not rushing to other countries to become citizens of another country. (In contrast, there's a crap load of folks who wish they were US citizens.) 3) We have the freedom that is beyond reproach. (Go to China and see if you can get online (a large penis support group site) and talk bad about your President or country. 3) America is the most diverse country on the planet. I've leave is several countries and can tell you the same is not true. 4)We fail when we only recognize the 10% that we need to work on, and dismiss the 90% we've done a great job at.

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Pssst every great power has fallen. All of them.

"...The self-fulfilling prophecy is a statement that alters actions and therefore comes true. For example, a person stating “I’m probably going to have a lousy day,” might alter his actions so that such a prediction is fulfilled by his actions. This may be an unconscious gesture. A person who might espouse a self-fulfilling prophecy in a positive way “I’m going to have a great day,” might act in ways that will actually make this prediction true.

Robert Merton, a 20th century sociologist, actually coined the term of self-fulfilling prophecy. In his definition, in the book Social Theory and Social Structure published in 1949, the prophecy or prediction is false but is made true by a person’s actions. In the modern sense the prophecy has neither false nor true value, but is merely a possibility that is made into probability by a person’s unconscious or conscious actions.

Understanding positive attitudes and the self-fulfilling prophecy are now particularly helpful in dealing with long-term mental illness [emphasis added] like anxiety disorder, or chronic pain. Cognitive behavioral studies have shown that perception and prediction of an illness’ course tends to influence experience of the illness. Cognitive behavioral therapy focuses on learning to alter perception to reduce chronic pain, or events like panic attacks. In this way, understanding of the self-fulfilling prophecy has led to greater success in treating difficult illnesses.

What is a Self-Fulfilling Prophecy?

so, how should we deal with the mental illness that is liberalism?

D

deleted15807

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
so, is that the only book you've ever read?

because one historian makes an analysis that strikes your fancy, then it's objective fact?

again, self-fufilling

you might want to read James Kurth's or Samuel Huntington's responses to that Brit's simple minded musings

you would be reminded of the way the real world operates and the fates of nations are shaped -- an insight obviously lacking in the UK (and the lack of which has limited his grasp and understanding)

which gets to another observation I've made about libs and foreigners

Last edited:

cruztbone

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Stratedude, America IS being rebuilt now, after the calamity of W. It isnt easy to mend a nation suffering with 2 wars, economic calamity and a vanishing middle class, but Obama is our only hope. No Republican has demonstrated even a vague clue as to what our nation needs to do. And the book by Shit Romney is more of the same W bravado BS that got us into this situation. No apologies? when a great nation errs, it apologizes and moves on, resolving to hold true to its original principles. the fact that Romney does not understand this makes him an even more pathetic loser.

D

deleted15807

...which gets to another observation I've made about libs and foreigners

Ohh that's nice as others have mentioned. Real nice. 'Libs and foreigners'. Foreigners. You don't get out much do you? You are certainly in the Right party. Maybe you should listen to your ex- pres....
President Bush called for a “compassionate” Republican Party and warned against the http://www.politicalarticles.net/bl...bia-or-you-will-drown-in-your-nativist-hate/# becoming “anti-immigrant” in one of his last interviews as president, defending his vision of the party, which has become unpopular among some Republicans.

“It’s very important for our party not to narrow its focus, not to become so inward-looking that we drive people away from a philosophy that is compassionate and decent,” the president said in an interview on “Fox News Sunday”

Though it is hilarious to think of the Republican Party as compassionate. Well actually if you are rich they are very compassionate. What taxes would you like cut? What regulations are getting in your way? Anything you won't done. We do it naturally.