Americal Idol contestant Adam Lambert

MichiganRico

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Adam kisses boys - I have pictures!

Shock horror!

So all of us who criticized Adam for being "overdone" were wrong. In reality he's actually toned it way, way down. It will be interesting to see if this has any impact on his popularity...or wardrobe. Wouldn't it be cute to see him as the first completely in drag contestant singing "This is My Life"? He'd do Shirley so proud.

Anticipated judges' comments: Randy: "Nice legs, dawg!" Paula: "Adam, you just stole my heart!" Kara: "I want to see the old Adam that we saw in the auditions--you were just so much better!" Simon: "That song was just too old for you, sorry!"

Last edited:

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Those pictures of him kissing guys have probably killed his chances of winning. He is supposed to be more of a Rock singer. Rock fans are not the most gay friendly. It will lose him votes with the conservative voters too.

leoboy63

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It would be sad if pictures effect his chances on the show. Talent is talent- he has an incredible range and flexibility. If his performance last Monday is any clue, I would go see him in concert. Of course, AI isn't always about talent. It's about who the teenie and tweenie boppers get on the band wagon to vote for. And anymore, even if one doesn't win the show, their talent will still land them a recording contract.

MichiganRico

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Looks like AI saved most of its real talent for Round 3. There really wasn't a lousy performance in the bunch. Adam will have his work cut out for him. He better save his kisses for the judges.

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Really? I was disappointed with the abba number, didn't like the Meatloaf number and was expecting better from the blind guy. I also got teary when the dorky boy sorta blew his chance singing Elton John, I think Ryan wanted to hug him and tell him he would be okay. I know I would have.

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think Jorge was the best of Round 3, oh yea and kinda liked Von. Lil was the best of the ladies, although she is being over-hyped. Really cant remember any of the others. And although I am gAY and support gay performers, Nathan really needs to go. He reminds me of the brunette queen from last seasons show. Just a bit too flaming to be mainstream, and the winner really needs to appeal to Mainstream America. Blind guy is good, and has overcome many humongous challenges, BUT I dont think he should get a sympathy vote. There were other singers betther than he, and it should be about the singing, bottom line.

bradhottop

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I use to date a guy from San Juan PR. He took me to a party once and Jorge was there. While I did not see it, my BF said he had a big pipe. My BF was about 9x6.5 or so, and I always told him how big it was. He went around the room and pointed at people who were bigger, and he called Jorge out. He had a BF at the time, not sure about now.

Novaboy

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
HI guys its 2009. Pics of a guy kissing another guy should not have any effect, whatsoeva

With middle America voting it could make a lot of difference. Especially someone who is "in your face, out there, flamboyant gay"

Novaboy

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Really? I was disappointed with the abba number, didn't like the Meatloaf number and was expecting better from the blind guy. I also got teary when the dorky boy sorta blew his chance singing Elton John, I think Ryan wanted to hug him and tell him he would be okay. I know I would have.

I couldn't believe in week three, after hearing the judges talk about being fresh and relevant that a young girl would even try to sing "The Winner Takes It All" She kept saying that "I know it's an old song but I tried to make it new...." She totally missed the point. The lyrics are just so wrong for someone that young. The singer of TWTIA has gone through the ringer over the relationship she's singing about. What life experience could a young girl bring to that song. Love ABBA though.

Anyone know how the wild card round is going to work?

Novaboy

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've heard that the judges will pick the 3 wild cards from the 27 that got eliminated the last three weeks.

I didn't know if they would pick 12 and have another round where only 3 get in. I think you may be right though. This gives the judges a bit of control over who is in the top 12.

arthur

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
No, not a clue how it will happen. But you can bet that wild annoying woman Tatiana will be back in the game. Unfortunately the girl can sing, but is the most irritating contestant by a long mile!!!!

Yes believe your right Novaboy, with middle America voting, Adams gotta keep his sexuality under wraps, from the same groups that were picketing Sean Penn on Oscar night!! Sad but true But again what a shock horror, a musical theatre performer who can sing is gay!! New one in my book!?!? How did that happen!?!?

MichiganRico

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

I know it's all relative (and some may have disappointed you), but were any of those performances last night really as bad as some your heard in the previous two rounds? I didn't vote...and probably won't until the top 12 is in place...but I really don't know who will win the competition with the possible exception of Lil Round. IMO there are more than three stand-outs from last nite. But in all fairness, this is the first time I'm hearing any of them so my perspective may be a bit stilted because I didn't have any preconceived performance expectations.

Novaboy

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It was the first time we all heard some of them. Some contestants were not seen or seen very little in the audition and hollywood week shows. Gives some contestants an unfair advantage.

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
First let me start by saying that I loved LIL and the blind guy so you dont jump down my throat when I say that I honestly think the judges are trying to be politically correct in promoting people of color and ones with disabilities. YES, they can both sing and both have great personality that makes you connect to them BUT I personally did not think they were the best. even their prasie of Ju'not was a bit over the top for the performance he gave, and whereby Von's performance to me was stellar, the praise form the judges was underwhelming and not as enthusiastic.

Just my opinion people, and I do think that the judges comments influence the voting. My 2 faves so far are Adam and Danny, Do I think either will win? NAH !!!

Novaboy

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You can definately tell when the judges are pushing a certain contestant. It's there only way to have any control at the moment so they try to plant the seed in people's minds about who is the best. The produces don't just need good singers, they need "good" television. That's the only way to justify some of the people they let into Hollywood week.