Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I moved to the South and got guys buying me drinks because of my Uppermidwestern dialect. I stayed around down there long enough, that when I finally get home, people are buying me drinks because I sound southern.

hud01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I moved to the South and got guys buying me drinks because of my Uppermidwestern dialect. I stayed around down there long enough, that when I finally get home, people are buying me drinks because I sound southern.
But it had nothing to do with the fact that you are cute :tongue:

jennizeus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
well Im Irish and over here we have a lot of American tourists
I like some American accents but i find some quite loud and irritable ....just doesn't do it for me(sorry)
I was in England last weekend and i think British accents are my number one favourite followed by Scottish accents then Australian.

b1gm3

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
... Hello, the CANADIAN accent is by far, the best. Haha, the Canadianisms really get noticed by my American and Australian friends.

I swear I don't say "aboot" but they claim I do. It definitely got me a lot of attention in Australia, even when I add "eh" to some sentences. I do it subconsciously of course, but it's always weird to hear people comment on it.

Fleur

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When I lived in the UK, I frequently had men zone out and then laugh and tell me how much they loved my American accent. I grew up in the Midwest. The men were Irish, Scottish, Greek and Australian that I heard that from. The latter two always seemed for find an excuse to walk me home or ask me out to a pub once they found out I was single.

I don't know much about the other way around though. :)

Last edited:

amendmentx

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I've lived in four different countries (Russia, Spain, Korea, and Japan). In every country women seemed to enjoy American accents. There is a novelty to it as it is different from the men they are used to. I'm not saying every women loves it but I have found it has been favorable to my love life many a time. It's like everything there are people who like it and people who don't. I know many women who don't like British accents, or Irish, or Scottish, or whatever else. Everyone has their own thing just like everyone has a taste in music.

wseattle

Superior Member
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The ladies really loved my west coast USA ACCENT IN Scotland and England and I think British accents rock. French is great also.

D_Baron_von_Hardon

Account Disabled
Media
to quote my girlfriend, "accents make me wet". i also find foreign accents on girls really hot, except i find most american accents-further south the worse usually- to be noisy and irritating. not all the time though, sometimes girls from cali sound real hot, and the odd southern belle gets my motor running.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The French hate accents in general, as the only "correct" accent is Parisian: everything else is ridiculed or condescended to.

Having lived in Paris for several years in the 90s, I learned very quickly to lose any trace of anything even vaguely foreign in my voice. To this day, when a French tourist comes to the bar I work in, I perform my neat parlor trick of speaking near-perfect French (it's been nearly 18 years now since I've come back), much to their astonishment.

Contrary to the cliché that "all French people speak English but won't", my experience is that very few middle/working class folk actually do, and when they try, it's retched sounding and with no verbal comprehension skills whatsoever. Unlike much of the rest of the continent, France remains strangely uni-lingual.

Of course, as Americans are notoriously bad at learning languages and feel little compunction to change, their bitterness toward the French for engaging in the identical practice strikes me as just a bit disingenuous :rolleyes:

D

deleted639306

From my point of view, I think Australian accent is the sexiest, hands down. but its really the voice that matters most of the time...
and I think American accent is considered hot to us, Asians because most local men sounds horrible when they use English.lol

lokican

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I have noticed that ever since True Blood has become popular, the Southern accent has become quite the novelty. Had this British ex-pat in Shanghai tell me he thought it was the hottest accent ever.

I gotta move to America it seems no one here in Australia seems to appreciate my aussie accent :p

This is absolutely true. I lived with 2 Aussies and they got a lot of attention in Canada. Girls loved the accent. However Aussie men don't have the best reputation.

MrToolhung

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I personally love the Southern US accent! One of my friends is from North Carolina and I could listen to her for hours talking about nothing. Of course a Southern dude would be better to listen to.

chatterbox2010

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
haha! i guess its kinda funny because me being from the south, I don't recognize southern accents that much. But Canada...y'alls accent is pretty fun to listen to "eh". (sorry, i had to throw that one in there!) But i really like british accents and def. aussie accents! And if the right southern girl or guy comes along, their accent is pretty sexy too! haha

Pendlum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I live in Washington, the land of no accents. I've been complimented on my voice before, but never my 'accent'.

I however, love how Japanese women talk, at least when they are speaking Japanese. So desu ka? Sugoiiiii!

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I live in Washington, the land of no accents. I've been complimented on my voice before, but never my 'accent'.

Believe me, you have an accent! Obviously it's just not noticeable to Washingtonians (or whatever they call themselves).

I however, love how Japanese women talk, at least when they are speaking Japanese. So desu ka? Sugoiiiii!

Oh, isn't it just the cutest thing! Back when we had Japanese exchange students in high school, I found myself speaking in 'cute' tones when they were around. Apparently it was catching.

Scarlet

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I think the general consensus is that with the availability of American TV programming, people are used to American accents. The less exotic, the less attractive... generally. Certain individuals may have an affinity towards American accents though.

Pendlum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Oh, isn't it just the cutest thing! Back when we had Japanese exchange students in high school, I found myself speaking in 'cute' tones when they were around. Apparently it was catching.

Kawaiiii tones! :tongue: The way they talk is very cute.