American/British stereotypes

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
What do most British think of the Royal Family in particular and the monarchy and its future in general?

All our rulers are twelve inches. It's an imperial thing.

The Queen is one of the most respected Heads of State in the World, an authority that she has earned. She probably is a little out of touch with modern Britain, as is Charles, but not as much as some would have you believe.

Prince Charles can't hope to be a hip modern monarch any more, but I think that he is a compassionate intelligent man, who won't harm the Monarchy.

Prine William may be another thing altogether, though the world will be too, so it is hard to say what his role will be in twenty or so years. The role of the Monarchy within an integrated Europe will be one of the major issues.

ShowOff

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not much. I merely put it in context.
Exactly my point youre doing it to be combative. Youre a smug unhappy little person who feels better about themselves by attempting to make others inferior.
Name calling isn't necessary to insult. In your case you not only managed to insult Pup himself, but by implication an entire nation:
First I didnt insult pup, it was simply a poor attempt at humor. Personally Im not too worried about people insulting me or my country, it comes with the territory. If pup or someone else was offended by what I said, then I sincerely apologize.

I think it's hilarious that you seek to denigrate the culture that gave you the very language you're mangling as you attempt to do so.
Now youre just lying outright. Please quote where I spoke in such a way. PLEASE! In regards to me mangling the 'queens english', well yes, thats true but you being the brilliant and educated person you attempt to appear you should know different regions do have different dialects not to mention that in todays fast food, high tech culture youre lucky Im not abbreviating everything to SMS text.

A nice demonstration of ignorance - of the possibility that a person can in fact be a resident of one country, yet remain citizenship of another.
Dont misquote me, thats not what I said... close but not quite. Actually Im starting to catch on, thats your motiv operandi, isnt it? You completely ignore any facts, misquote people and pick apart things as petty as grammatical error in an attempt to frustrate people. But why? Does this make you feel good about yourself?

And you prove it so well.
Thank you.

It's not a matter of pretentiousness, neither does it take any longer, it's something you do naturally or not.
WHAT? I think Im starting to agree with you that Im ignorant, cause that make no sense.

I suspect there's a few more. But, as for respect, au contraire; I've afforded you exactly the amount of respect you're due in this thread, perhaps more.
EXACTLY? Quite analytical of you... but yes, youre doing a much better job.

While we're on that theme, how much respect did you show Pup when you asked what right he had commenting at all? Such a request could only be based in ignorance based assumption. Then, once he responded you proceeded to insult his culture.
yes yes yes, we have touched on this already havent we? My reply was something based on what I found as comical. Why are you so uptight? and although I didnt think anything was insulting, I apologize for the second time.
Such a view was no doubt also rooted in stereotypical ignorant thinking - after all, as you said yourself so eloquently - "stereotypes, there[sic] root of which is ignorance."?
Thanks again, but you too are commenting in a post which is based on ignorance yet you have more posts that anyone else. Perhaps we both saw this post and formed different opinions, I looked at it as something potentially funny. you apparently wanted to use it as ammo to prove some hidden agenda or simply show your insecurities.
You even screwed up that pathetic attempt at humour, didn't you?
beauty is in the eye... To each his own... I could go on and on, but one of these days you will understand that not everyone thinks the way you think, or likes what you like. You really do have some growing up to do
Your ability to make [inaccurate] assumptions is matched only by your inability to express them. While I know you don't care, to underscore that I wasn't resorting to anything - unfortunately or otherwise nor back peddling; I still think you're an ass. Is that rude enough for you?
Thank you for continually making my initial point that youre an unhappy, frustrated and immature man who makes himself feel better by degrading and insulting others. Nice work.

Finally, I won't be responding further to you in this thread, but by all means, you feel free.
Aww.. jest when ah mah grammar was gittin' better. ah still love yo'.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Along with, Tally Hoe and Cor Blimey Govnor, to name a few.

Dont move to London, be kind to yourself, if the counrty had a rectum, it would be Jolly Old London town.

I am sorry for using "Guv'nor" in one of my posts. I think that I need "sortin'" out. (English is a wonderful language though. British have a subdued and clever way with it. Americans are colorful with it as well...depending on where you live in America.)

ShowOff

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Who was it that said, " I Generally Don't Like England That Much..."

First person to reply with the right answer gets a free English lesson from Dong20.