American Eagle now selling briefs, what will this do to fashion trends.

B_jeepguy2

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Now we just have to get a main retailer to start offering speedo style swimwear, now thats the type of fashion change I really want, for the speedo to become more popular with the guys who are fit enough to pull it off.

The big problem is that 90% of American dudes drink too much beer and simply do not have the body for Speedos so they are not going to sell well here in the USA and retailers will lose $$$. Dudes who are tall and slim with a swim build and six pack abs look damn hot in them but guys who look like that are a small minority of dudes. Frow what I have seen on the beach most guys who wear speedos are aging 45+ guys who need to lose a few...and in some cases more than a few, and really should be wearing something else on the beach...and probably should keep their shirt on as well. They may have been able to pull off the speedo when they were a teen or 20 something back in 1979...but have no business wearing in one in 2009.:eek:

Most of the young HOT dudes who would look damn good in ANY kind of swimwear wear these board shorts that come clear down below their knees. What I would really like to see is a shortening of the inseam on board shorts back to the length they were back in the mid 80 and early 90s so you can see a guys muscuar legs. WOOF! I have a couple of pairs of old Oneil and Quicksilver board shorts I found in a thrift store and I love them.

sab84

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Lucky me... I only wear briefs... I just have a two pair of boxers... for laundry emergency or weekends or moody days...

Then again.. I wasn't raised in US... perhaps the reason I wear and love wearing briefs (and yes short swimming trucks too... Short not skimpy...trunks not speedos/bikini)

And two things in my defense (before someone raises a finger or two)
1.For for those who would say... boxers keep the spearm count up.... here's the news.. it doesn't drop your ejaculate volume.. so unless you are trying to impregnate someone... it doesn't matter....
2. It's a brief, if you know the right size,brand and design.. there's plenty of room for...

On a personal note... I go freeballing rather than boxers and I love showing a brief's waist band (or more) than a boxer's elastic....

And I believe one should go with what their junk likes or what they feel comforatbe(and occasionally sexy) in... no matter if it's brief, boxer or boxer brief..

Reactions: Ohiojohn

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
You have "LIKE 238013820132138019" pairs? Must have been difficult to approximate, mate!

I hope and pray that briefs will become the norm once more. Boxers are pointless. men look good in fuckin BRIEFS!!!

SweatsBulge

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Perhaps it's like my situation. I'm a huge briefs person - the ribbed cotton bikinis from Hanro and Bruno Banani are Heaven sent. However...I've been wearing a lot of slim-fit jeans and, preferring not to show a "briefs line", I've been buying more low-rise boxer briefs.
Many guys may be following suit. Not sure. I love the briefs - I have quite the collection but I've been wearing less and less due to my wearing more slimfit, rocker type of jeans and chinos.

wrestlecoach

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I could probably lay my hands on at least a half dozen pair of AE briefs in our locker room right now, and maybe twice that of other kinds of briefs. Not saying that 18 of our guys wear briefs all the time, but several of them who do have more than one pair in their cubby.

Briefs have steadily gained in popularity among wrestlers, at least the ones who have come through here, ever since they stopped letting them weigh in naked or wearing a jockstrap.

As far as availability, I am pretty sure they are online only with AE. I overheard a conversation a week or so ago when 2 guys came in with new AE briefs and another guy ask them where they found them at. The AE store they had gone to had just 2 pair which they bought, when they ask why they only had those 2 the clerk told them the 2 pair were returns from customers who bought them online at AE.com and that is the only ones they ever stocked. You have to order them online.

The pic is the exact ones they bought. ae briefs.jpg

wrestlecoach

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Old pair but still hot

That one looks more broken in and ample than the new ones I saw the guys have. I don't think theirs would stretch to that extent yet. Of course if they are like most 19 year olds, it will get stretched and rubbed thin enough that it will eventually be accommodating.

StuJr

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I’ve found the American eagle briefs don’t have much of a pouch and it’s easy for there to be gaps around the legs. The Abercrombie briefs are much better than the ae ones!

I agree, there is often a gap around the legs. The 100% cotton briefs do seem to lose shape easily. I have several of their stripes ones. I didn’t know Abercrombie sold briefs. I may have to check them out.

wrestlecoach

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay