American Education

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Imported, Jul 19, 2003.

1. Imported

Gold Member

TragicWhiteKnight: No, this isn't a rant about the state of American schools (but feel free to turn it into one...no, wait, don't...) - in fact, I'm thinking of going to America for graduate study next year and was wondering if you guys could hand out pointers on US college life.

Cheers and jeers, that sort of thing.

Any post-grads here? What's people's opinion of UCLA?

2. jay_too

jay_too New Member

hey man..

you are gonna love ucla...beautiful campus...beautiful chicks...really toned guyz...nice part of la...upscale neighborhood. oh yeah, academics? it has some world class departments.

i am going back to stanford to start my masters in september...we'll be neighbors, sorta...only 400 miles away.

jay

3. Imported

Gold Member

Javierdude22: Tragicwhiteknight...very cool idea!!

I have been carrying this idea along as well everince i came back from my exchange to California, im totally in love with that state.

But im wondering: how are you gonna pay for an entire graduate study? Cause thats my main concern, tuition fees are gigantic, even for state schools like UCLA ( cause we-d be outta state).

I could get a couple of scholarships here, but since they are focused at Europan schools the amounts are just not very big, unless youd be able to get the Fullbright scholarship...(that would cover a year though :( )

Or are you willing to go into debt or it? Europeans always had bigger fear for debt than Americans, i have that as well.

So basically, how are you gonna realize it?

4. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Ah, my favorite old-time puppet show:

UCLA, FRAN and OLLIE!

5. Imported

Gold Member

7x6andchg: Pecker-

Does it mean that I am old that I GET that joke?

;D

7x6&C

Draft saved Draft deleted