American Idol - May 16th

lksbigone

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Wish Taylor would be booted, too!

Too bad many of the Idol followers don't know the musical roots that the singers were paying homage to with their choices tonight. But I guess you'd have know of music of the late 70s and 80s to remember Donny Hathaway, Bobby Caldwell and the Pointer Sisters (singing "I ain't got nothing but the blues" as staple in their live act for many years). Heck, Randy didn't even get the Pointer Sisters connection with Kat's song and recent death of June Pointer; he mentioned Ella Fitzgerald but her connection to the song goes back 3 generations. I bet Kat was introduced to it by the Pointer Sisters version.

Hoping to heck not to have watch Taylor sing three more songs next week!

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
lksbigone said:
Hoping to heck not to have watch Taylor sing three more songs next week!

Simon nailed it in the beginning of the season when he said that Taylor looks like someone's dad doing karakoke at a wedding after too many drinks. Sometimes he pulls it off, though. Tonight he had kind of an underpowered David Clayton Thomas thing going.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
JustAsking said:
Simon nailed it in the beginning of the season when he said that Taylor looks like someone's dad doing karakoke at a wedding after too many drinks. Sometimes he pulls it off, though. Tonight he had kind of an underpowered David Clayton Thomas thing going.

Well, Taylor is quirky. People like the fact that he is odd. It is the same thing that got other idol finalists in past seasons, much farther than they should have gone.
Taylor also picks upbeat songs. Should he be in the top two.. god no!! HE will be though, poor Elliot didn't bring his A game.
Maybe American will go smart for 5 minutes, and toss taylor, allowing the beautiful and talented Katherine to reign.:biggrin1:

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I had to re-read that....I was thinking Taylor was a 'big-boy'....but elliot? dang I hadn't 'looked'...

And I was flip-flopping between Jethro and Idol....Can't believe how hooked I have gotten on Jethro and the gang....
And Ziva breaking down...wow (and speaking of wet t-shirt contests...growlll)

mainer1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have to say, I really liked Elliot and hoped he would survive the cuts...oh well...I think with all that exposure, he'll have a great shot at being a real singer-star!

sundayssad

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
prince_will said:
wow....i'm liking you.

i hate Taylor and i never watch his performnaces...he grates me. and i have lost respect completely for Simon, who picked him to win...uugh. i still love me some Eliott
He picked him because America picked him. Tastewise, I think Simon would rather have Kat win, but she's a messy performer and iffy sometimes (not that Taylor isn't).

I really don't like Taylor and I don't think Simon does either. Notice how the judges rarely talk about his vocals. Because he is so spastic, people are more paying attention to his antics on stage than to his vocals, which are considerably weaker than Kat's or Elliott's or even Chris and Paris. I still think he should have gone the week after Pickler.

Elliott was the only one who was consistently good throughout the finals and even semifinals. Now thats it's just Kat and Mr. "Ticks", I'm rooting for Kat all the way. I just don't see Hicks being profitable for them. You can't see his antics when you're listening to a CD, not to mention how he'll handle the crap AI and 13 Entertainment will give him to sing. Can you serious hear Taylor Hicks singing "Inside Your Heaven"? Well I don't want to hear it sung by anyone. It's a crap song. But Taylor would make it so much more fucking excruciating. He's a monster that has to be stopped before it gets out-of-hand.

I don't think Simon wants Hicks to win, but he has to face facts and say this is who America chose. So, why are Paula and Randy rooting for someone who won't move units? Well, honestly, I think they're idiots. They have no money invested in Idol. Simon does. He cares who wins and I honestly don't think he wants Hicks to win.

It's Kat's last chance to shine next week. I think she has the voice and the personality to actually turn this into a career (a la Clarkson), unlike one-trick Taylor and the past 3 winners.

okay onto the good stuff: Yeah i noticed Elliott's bulge. I actually think he's pretty cute. How big would you say he is, just by what we saw? Talented guys turn me on, BIG TIME. And His voice is absolutely amazing. I can't say enough about the guy. He seems so geniune. Katherine is as always very pretty and poorly dressed, though her dress sense is slowly getting better. What Taylor Hicks has in his pants interests me less than what comes out of his mouth.

EDIT: Elliott left because they gave him crap songs this week, but it wasn't a land slide so I can't really complain. Here's hoping Elliott records in the near future (hopefully with good liner note photos :p ). Also words can't express how much I hated Taylor's first song last night. He was off the entire song and they didn't mention it at all.

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
The best two made it to the finals! I couldn't be happier. I picked Taylor Hicks to win from the beginning, but Katherine McPhee has stunned me with some amazing performances along the way. Elliot is a damn good singer too, just not as good as the competition.

I know I'm not as smart or good at judging talent as the rest of you. I'm just calling 'em as I see 'em.

Rock on white soul man!