American Idol - New Season

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_theOtherJJ, Feb 17, 2010.

1. B_theOtherJJ

B_theOtherJJ New Member

Well the top 24 are almost done being selected, and I have ONE word for the choices: UNDERWHELMING.....

I cannot remember a season where I havent been captivated, intrigued, turned-on, or at the very least, interested in at least 1 or 2 of the choices.

Yes, there are still 17 to be selected tonite, but the talent pool, although somewhat good is just lacking in charisma and personality...

Maybe its just me, or maybe for me, noone is as over the top and out there as Adam Lambert ?

Perhaps, its too soon to tell how the contestants will grow, or look after their makeovers. But I am not optimistic....

Any thoughts ????:confused:

2. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well, first of all, no one will ever be better than Adam Lambert on American Idol, which is why in a sense he has ruined the show. Aside from that, this year there seems to be more talent than ever before...musical talent. Less karaoke, more MUSICIANS who can actually sing, play an instrument, and rearrange a song. There are 5 or 6 females that are phenomenal talents, and I'd say about 4 or 5 guys who have similar abilities. Beyond that, not much. And there is your top 12 which is what the show comes down to.

3. B_theOtherJJ

B_theOtherJJ New Member

Of course there is talent Skull, but to me, none of them, albeit talented, are Engaging as performers or personalites. Lady GaGa's phenomienal "performance art" and stage presence more than compensates for her "average voice"... None of the top 24 have that appeal for me.

4. Xcuze

Gold Member

Well he certainly stood out on AI. But out in the real world he seems to have gotten lost in the pack.

That Kara woman gets on my nerves. Thats all I have to say about this AI so far this series.

5. Deno

Gold Member

Albums:
    I like the young boy that forgot his lyrics, he had the sad story about his aunt raising him. I wish him well he does have a good voice. Also I like the bluesy singers this year as well as the one kara had take off his shirt. Last night I tried to watch both figure skating and AI because I was recording Lost, lol.

6. B_theOtherJJ

B_theOtherJJ New Member

Deno, you are biting off more than you can chew (although my motto is thats its never too much to chew).....

The young boy reminds me of David Archuletta who was runner up a few seasons ago, but Archie was BETTER.....

I am sure that if forced I will pick a favorite, but I really am not inspired.

7. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    No one should ever say no one, Skull. You never know. :wink:

Otherwise, I agree with you. And it's a little early in the season to make blanket statements; it usually takes a couple of weeks of the "real" show to get a serious idea of the performers' personalities and talent.

8. Deno

Gold Member

Albums:
    I didn't mean there my fav's to win, I think its a girl year this year. I just thought Aaron Kelly was adorable which is half of what you need to succeed at AI. Clearly being the best singer isn't always the answer.

Draft saved Draft deleted