American Idol

curiouslan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I must admit that this season to me is the worst talent I have ever seen on American Idol. Not one person, male or female, is star quality in my opinion. What do others on LPSG think? Simon was really cruel last night to a couple of the male performers.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Fuck star quality, I want to see some people who can be true artists and there are a few women who might be able to do that. It may be the most vocally challenged season we have had but few contestants in the past have been able to play the guitar and sing like some of these people. Makes it much more interesting as I am not into the next "pop idol" as has been shoved down our throats for the last 9 seasons. Karaoke is played out, give me some real talent. I'd rather listen to that dude in the subway station than hear a copycat poseur. I'm not sure what some of you were listening to but there were 4 or 5 girls who did really well the other night, and maybe 1 or 2 guys who also did well.

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well Skull, the show is about finding the next Big recording artist, the one they can mold into a radio and cd star. Maybe a pop concert performer. None of this years batch has any spark that makes you want to see them for more than a minute, or hear them for more than 1/2 minute. My opinion, but seems a popular one on the chat boards..

lopo2000

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Come on guys, it's still early, though some of last years witnessed some contestants to be able to perform so well in initial time of the season, we gotta cut them some slack this time. They need to learn, after all AI is a platform for learning. I personally believe that Casey, Alex, Dewyze and Munoz to be very very talented and I think they will go places!

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Fuck star quality, I want to see some people who can be true artists and there are a few women who might be able to do that.

You seem to be talking about credibility. Problem is, credibility and TV talent shows don't really gel. You kinda lose your cred card when you join the line of thousands desperate for instant glory. And it is a karaoke contest when alls said and done.

So don't hold your breath for a credible winner.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Look, bottom line is that there will never be a better contestant on Idol than Adam Lambert, and Simon is on his way out. With Adam gone, and without Simon, this show will crash and burn. And I don't care because with them gone there is nothing left for the show to do for me, and I don't mind watching it crash and burn with people who are more artist-like rather than typical pop-stars. Give me those 4 or 5 girls and those 2 or 3 guys any day playing their own renditions of songs on their guitar over anything related to a pop star or recording artist, I could care less about that. Maybe you guys are looking for a "pop idol", but I'm not into pop music unless it's from the 1980s.

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Simon is on his way out......

Well Im sure you'll follow Simon to the X-factor. On that show there will be an over 25 category and a group category so it will be more diverse. I think the talent pool for AI has become exhausted. It seems to be quite a limited age range.

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So maybe the contestants should take their acts to a boardwalk pier or underground subway station ? Aint that where the "artsy" folk perform ???

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well Skull, the show is about finding the next Big recording artist, the one they can mold into a radio and cd star. Maybe a pop concert performer. None of this years batch has any spark that makes you want to see them for more than a minute, or hear them for more than 1/2 minute. My opinion, but seems a popular one on the chat boards..

This is actually not that true. This show simply takes 24 people whom the judges have picked and lets a voting audience decide who leaves and who gets to stay, it never did have much to do about who is the best singers are. Look at Sunjia. Its a popularity contest and not really a talent contest, I don't like it but that is the truth. Aaron Kelly is someone I like to hear more of and if Tim Urban can get it together I'd like to see more of him, the girl that plays the harmonica and guitar I'd like to hear more from, I would have like to hear more of Joe but they killed him off already. And I like Lamberts style as well if he can get rid of that deer in the headlights reaction.

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This is actually not that true. This show simply takes 24 people whom the judges have picked and lets a voting audience decide who leaves and who gets to stay, it never did have much to do about who is the best singers are. Look at Sunjia. Its a popularity contest and not really a talent contest, I don't like it but that is the truth. Aaron Kelly is someone I like to hear more of and if Tim Urban can get it together I'd like to see more of him, the girl that plays the harmonica and guitar I'd like to hear more from, I would have like to hear more of Joe but they killed him off already. And I like Lamberts style as well if he can get rid of that deer in the headlights reaction.

Deno, I believe the obviously BAD people like Sanjaya are picked for Ratings gossip and drama. With that said, the show seems scripted and manipulated. If you cant get the people talking about the TALENT, get them talking about the drama and absurdity....

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yeah I hate it when you hear shit like"you got a really good story" in the end it's got nothing to do about singing, but it's true someone that has a bad history of pain can be a better artist because they have a deeper connection to emotions. I notice how many of them can be over come with tears be it happy ones or sad. I should talk, lol.

vibrator

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
American idol is about getting viewers, not the talent, look at Jersey shore, not a lot of talent there. Spectacle and drama equals viewers.

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I told everyone last year the show would be ruined after Adam Lambert...the Adam Lambert Effect is occuring....

But the show has been getting progressively tired regardless of him.

And Ellen DG is too nice and sensible to replace loopy Paula. Paula was an unpredictable mess. But in an endearing way.

Media
I told everyone last year the show would be ruined after Adam Lambert...the Adam Lambert Effect is occuring....

Mr Mason, while I agree that Adam Lambert is a gem and unique in his own right as an artist.

I cannot say, with any absolute certainty, that AI is ruined as a result of Lambert's discovery.

Talent and the people that actually possess it, are as varied, and numerous as the stars in the sky.

The tricky part and what I think you may actually mean to say is: one can only hope that AI comes across another gem of quality such as Lambert.

While rare, he is not the end of the search for others like him.

Last edited: