American Idol

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
AH! I only caught Paris's performance. I usually record them and wait till the weekend to watch them with my husband, since he works nights and aren't able to watch them live. I'm going to have to start watching live though when they get down to the final 12 so that I can vote.

So far my fave girls are Paris, Katharine, Mandisa and Kinnik - although I'm not sure that the last 2 of those will make it to the top five. So far, for me, this competition is all about Paris and Katharine.

As far as the boys, Ace is HAWT!!! not that anyone needs me to say that out loud. OMFG!! Ok, seriusly though...let me end my teen moment and add that I think he is a great singer too. I also favor Sway, Taylor (my fave) and Chris from the guys.

This is going to be a tough season....

for contestant reference: http://www.idolonfox.com/contestants/

rich_cabeza2002

Experimental Member
Media
As far the girls go, I like Paris,Lisa and Katherine. And I honestly think Kelly is a friggin cutie.
The guys I like Taylor, he's awsome, Sway and Ace. Even though I don't think he's hawt.

RideRocket

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Ace has the looks, but I don't think he's got the voice. My biggest surprise was when Gedeon was voted off over Bucky just prior to the final 12.

I think Bucky will go next, but I'll hold off on making it my official prediction until after Tuesday nights performances.

btw - I think Katherine is sexy! :hitit:

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Ride, I regret to inform you that American Idol is for women and homosexuals only.

sundayssad

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Can I ask a real serious question to people who watch this show regularly?

Why, oh why, is Kevin Covais still there?! He's got a horrible tone and he got away with singing "Part Time Lover" badly last week and he's not very likeable. I think the "sex-symbol" joke is going to his head.:rolleyes: Kellie doesn't have a great (or even good) voice either, but I do like her.

Aside from that, I like Katherine, Paris, Mandisa, and Lisa (why was she in the bottom 3 last week?). And the guys I like are Elliott, Chris, and Taylor.

Out of the guys, I don't find any of them particularly attractive (Ace is too pretty for my taste). Out of the girls, Katherine is the prettiest. (Kellie can look like a over-tanned soccer mother sometimes :tongue: )

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
sundayssad said:

Why, oh why, is Kevin Covais still there?! He's got a horrible tone and he got away with singing "Part Time Lover" badly last week and he's not very likeable. I think the "sex-symbol" joke is going to his head.:rolleyes: Kellie doesn't have a great (or even good) voice either, but I do like her.

Aside from that, I like Katherine, Paris, Mandisa, and Lisa (why was she in the bottom 3 last week?). And the guys I like are Elliott, Chris, and Taylor.

Out of the guys, I don't find any of them particularly attractive (Ace is too pretty for my taste). Out of the girls, Katherine is the prettiest. (Kellie can look like a over-tanned soccer mother sometimes :tongue: )

Mandisa, Chris, and Catherine.
Three truly Great performers. There is your top three people.
Kevin is still there, becasue they fuss and fawn about how cute he is. ( he isn't btw) He is that dorky kid you nominate for prom king, because some of you want him to feel good, and some of you want to see what happens, and some of you think it is funny.
And he is a huge underdog. I think he will be there for another week or two... He won't make the top 9:rolleyes:

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
First of all, AI is NOT just for women and gays. I know several straight guys that are hooked on the show as well. :eek:)

My theory on why Kevin is there is b/c the judges (mainly Paula and Randy) keep playing up how "cute" he is and how everyone just wants to squeeze him. As Simon said on Larry King the other day, America is turning it into a popularity contest.

I think Ace CAN sing, but last week sucked. My top pics (from best to worst) are Katherine, Taylor/Chris (tied for me), Paris and Ace.

hotnmpls2000@yahoo.com

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
RideRocket said:
Ace has the looks, but I don't think he's got the voice. My biggest surprise was when Gedeon was voted off over Bucky just prior to the final 12.

I think Bucky will go next, but I'll hold off on making it my official prediction until after Tuesday nights performances.

btw - I think Katherine is sexy! :hitit:

I thought Ace had the voice, whey he did George Michael, but I haven't thought so since then.

I think Bucky will end up in the top six. He's got the redneck vote locked up. That will keep him in for a while unless he really screws up.

hotnmpls2000@yahoo.com

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
sundayssad said:

Chicken Little has TOTALLY let the sex-symbol thing go to his head. He actually belives it, poor thing. But then again, so did William Hung, our whatever that little troll's name was. Chicken Little will hang in untill enough of other peoples favorites get the boot, and the stop voting for him too.

sundayssad

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
TexAssgirl said:
As Simon said on Larry King the other day, America is turning it into a popularity contest.
I don't think Paula and Randy are helping either. I don't remember the last time either of them said something without sugarcoating the hell out of it. I would like the show a lot more if there weren't so many personal agendas in play.

Overall though, I think this year's singers are the best. There isn't (m)any really terrible singers (like fucking Jasmine Trias and well most of Season 4).

The only bad singers are Melissa (who's gone), Kellie (I like the girl, but she can't sing), Kevin, and Bucky.

I would have rather Gedeon in the top 12 over Bucky or Kevin.

hotnmpls2000@yahoo.com

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
At the risk of sounding like Paula, Chris was AMAZING tonight. Ace was the best he's been since Father figure. I didn't think anyone really had a bad night.

And, late admission, because I've never really caught her speaking, but Kelly Pickler, as well as she did tonight, really is as dumb as my sister in law says she is.

RideRocket

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
After watching last night, it's either going to be Lisa who hits the road tonight. I think Bucky needs to go too, but he's got that country vote that tends to save him.

I certainly hope that for next year's show they get rid of Paula. All of her critiques are so fluffy and sugarcoated it's pathetic and they become pointless. Plus, her on-air behavior is ridiculous. She acts drunk (and probably is) every night.