Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Okay ...So is going to win tonight ?????
Will It be Kathrine?
Will it be Taylor?

I am hoping for Kathrine...she is what American Idol stands for.
Even though I do believe Taylor is fantastic in his own craziness. I just don't see him as an American Idol. Although it will not surprise me if he does win tonight.

So cast you vote today.

My Vote ....Kathrine

:tongue:

bluekarma

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Taylor!!! He's not the norm, I like that. Plus, he's a little wacky on stage... I like that as well. Kathernie is gergeous and really talented....but she's typical AI material....I wanna see something different.

I must add that my first choice CHRIS should still be there! That boy is so fine, loved his voice, style, etc...what a cryin' shame...!

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Shelby said:
Katherine McPhee is hot! I would love to kiss her beautiful mouth. She absolutely smoked 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow'.

But Taylor's better.

Oh shelby, you gotta be careful in your definition of BETTER. He has more comedic value, but his voice sounds like alot of male country singers at the moment. I wouldn't place him any more special than any of them at the moment, with the exception of the fact that he has a goofiness, that people would enjoy.

Katherine, as you have said, is beautiful. She has alot of untapped natural sex appeal. People would watch her videos, as well as listen to her rich voice on cd. Not to mention, she has had a better track record with the judges.

I think it will be a close one this year, and I am still hoping for Katherine to take it home.:cool:

RideRocket

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Katherine has the talent - her voice is incredible! She is so sexy and gorgeous too. Taylor has the act and showmanship that Katherine is lacking. Plus, his voice is not that good.

I think Katherine should win. Unfortunately, I think Taylor will win, especially after the comments from the judges.

Did anyone else think their debut songs sucked? Much of the season has been about right song choice. The last songs they both sang were horrible for their music styles.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
RideRocket said:
Katherine has the talent - her voice is incredible! She is so sexy and gorgeous too. Taylor has the act and showmanship that Katherine is lacking. Plus, his voice is not that good.

I think Katherine should win. Unfortunately, I think Taylor will win, especially after the comments from the judges.

Did anyone else think their debut songs sucked? Much of the season has been about right song choice. The last songs they both sang were horrible for their music styles.

Ahhh, Riderocket... you hit it on the fucking nose... I am so sick of these nonsense, "look at what I have acheived/ attempts to appear modest" song creations. Give them something the radio listeners can jam out too... a little rock, a little pop.:biggrin1:

BBB2.5

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well ...as we all thought Taylor did win. We did not watch the show tonight. As we were watching "Lost"...wow what a fantastic show.

I do hope that Taylor does well...just hope he is not another Rubin...where did he go?

Thanks to you for casting your vote or giving you thoughts .

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
BBB2.5 said:
Well ...as we all thought Taylor did win. We did not watch the show tonight. As we were watching "Lost"...wow what a fantastic show.

I do hope that Taylor does well...just hope he is not another Rubin...where did he go?

Thanks to you for casting your vote or giving you thoughts .

The man won because he resembles George Clooney

ChuckRich

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Katherine just bored me for the most part. Sure she was pretty and had a nice voice but if I was watching the show recorded instead of live I'd fast forward through just about every one of her performances. And I hated her singing Somewhere Over the Rainbow.

Taylor I liked from the beginning because of his wackiness. Having something to stand out was enough to make me his fan because I wasn't particularly impressed with anybody's actual singing except Mandisa and as soon as she sang "I'm Every Woman" I knew she wasn't going to last. Not because it wasn't good but because it was too good. She peaked too early and the next few performances were letdowns after that.

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Let me just say right out that it was unfortunate that Mandissa was not around longer. I agree that she set the bar high with "I'm Every Woman"....but man when she was on stage she just lit up the place. Her smile, her personality, her going for the moment, her musicianship all created a perfect package. I think added to her unfortunate early downfall was that America is not keen on the plus size woman...but I truly believe that Mandissa showed the beauty of all women.
As for Taylor winning, I say YES! I loved him from the start. Sure he was wacky crazy goofy, your drunken dad at a wedding but he was himself...and brought that style throughout the competition. Plus out of all the finalists he was the only one never on the chopping block, never in the bottom two or three. So I say go for it, he has talent, why dog him.
Yes Kat had talent and beauty and moments but she was on shaky ground through out the competition - high and low. She'll have a great career in spite of being a runner up.

ChuckRich

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I think aside from the peaking too early thing Mandisa's ousting had more to do with the comments that were somewhat insensitive to gays than her size.

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
fratpack said:
. . . . Yes Kat had talent and beauty and moments . . . . She'll have a great career in spite of being a runner up.

I'm adding a resounding "yes" to this, fratpack, and thanks for saying "Kat" and not mispelling "Katharine", like all others in the thread have done.

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
RoysToy said:
I'm adding a resounding "yes" to this, fratpack, and thanks for saying "Kat" and not mispelling "Katharine", like all others in the thread have done.
Hey, even though I wanted Taylor to win, I am still a big fan of Kat so all due respect to her.:cool:

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
RoysToy said:

Tomato Tomatoe Roy.... you can spell it both ways.. she just spells it your way:rolleyes:

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
ChuckRich said:
I think aside from the peaking too early thing Mandisa's ousting had more to do with the comments that were somewhat insensitive to gays than her size.
REALLY?!? Now that is shocking; she really did make anti-gay comments? I did not hear about that...and am partly surprised because "American Idol" seems to keep such tight control over the participants and their dealings with the media. Curious as to the who what where when and why's.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The right person won.

Katherine was everything that is wrong with the competition. Her voice is amazing--she can sing. That being said, for WEEKS, she hit bum notes and forget song lyrics and she was NOT voted off as other people who were doing a better job with their songs got ousted. She stayed around because she was simply prettier than a lot of other contestants. Also--there was nothing NEW about her. OOOOH another pretty girl singing pop songs. *eyeroll*

In the end, it appears as if no one would have beaten Taylor (notice that they didn't go on and on about how close the vote was like they did with Bo-Carrie and Reuben-Clay). He has a great voice and there is a muscial gap that he can immediately fill (think Michael McDonald those of you who are old enough to remember him--say 25 and older). I will totally buy his album and rock out to it.

Also--I totally geeked out for Mary J. Blige and called the Gayken appearance as Mrs. Lex and I watched the show (which I found to be too long and waaay over indulgent).

B_Hung Muscle

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
fratpack said:
Let me just say right out that it was unfortunate that Mandissa was not around longer. I agree that she set the bar high with "I'm Every Woman"....but man when she was on stage she just lit up the place. Her smile, her personality, her going for the moment, her musicianship all created a perfect package. I think added to her unfortunate early downfall was that America is not keen on the plus size woman...but I truly believe that Mandissa showed the beauty of all women.

Frat, you know I love your hot self, but Mandisa made me nuts. I was a fan until I read her homophobic comments. I wish her well singing in fundamentalist churches all over America. Just stay out of my CD player.

By the way, where was Kelly, Fantasia and fatso whatever his name is...

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Wow, it really is sad to hear about Mandissa. Well, like they say, the more you read, the more you know....and I too will be not be clearing any space for her cd but please people don't break my heart about Taylor, there's just something about him.:cool:
Oh and how awesome was it that MJB showed up!