American men are shrinking; European men keep growing taller and taller

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_johnschlong, Jun 30, 2008.

1. B_johnschlong

B_johnschlong New Member

America's poor state and its declining influence in the world is now also being expressed in the bodies of American men:

American women dumping their tiny husbands and moving to Europe to find those tall sexy athletic gods...

I like it.

Ladies, you're welcome. We like American girls. Those tiny Yankee boys can't satisfy you, we all know it. You need a tall Euroman. :wink:

2. uncut1234

uncut1234 New Member

just like the average penis length by country,, where the hell do they get their facts from? i seem to have missed my measurement ... your height has nothing to do with what country you live in...

3. B_mitchymo

B_mitchymo New Member

Your definately tall johnshlong....you've got your head in the clouds!....Pick your legs up and drift away into space till you find a decent post and point!

4. B_johnschlong

B_johnschlong New Member

No, but the state of the country you live in determines in large part how tall, on average, you will most likely become.

This is a rather routine case of socio-medical epidemiology.

Just like it is possible to say that if you are born in Ethiopia, your chance of dieing before the age of 5 is far higher than when you're born in Germany - it is possible to say that American men, on average, are shrinking and European men are growing taller.

If you read the article, the reasons are pretty straightforward and credible: America is becoming poorer (millions of people living below the poverty line) and the stuff it feeds itself with is not very conducive to the healthy growth of human bodies. Both diet and economic prosperity correlate very strongly with all kinds of health indicators.

The same is true, by the way, for the extremely dangerous obesity pandemic in America. Soon, 1 in 3 American babies will be obese before they reach age 3. And this has effects on all types of developmental issues, not the least on cognitive functions. So we can only fear the worst for the next generation of yankees.

America is getting fat, short and dumb. It is the end of a once great culture, expressed in its very biology.

#4 B_johnschlong, Jun 30, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2008
  5. TurkeyWithaSunburn

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'll be flamed for saying it. But maybe it's all the immigrants from historically short countries lowering the average. I know a lot of immigrants and many are shorter than the 5'9" American average. Their children can tower over their parents thanks to better nutrition.

The Dutch are the tallest people on average, both men and women. Nutrition (particularly calcium intake to build the structural steel of the body, bones) and genetics plays a role but so does lifestyle. Energy consumed can be put into growth instead of into work. You don't haul 10gallons of water on your head for 3 miles each day just so you can drink.

There's also the anecdotal stuff. Like a 6'5" American guy going to the Netherlands and feeling not so tall in comparison to everyone around him.

6. sargon20

Gold Member

Alas no power in the history of mankind and there have been many has sat atop the ladder forever. All of them eventually fell. All empires eventually die.

7. TurkeyWithaSunburn

Gold Member

Albums:
    :hitwithrock: This could be said to be an anti-American statement:rolleyes:

#7 TurkeyWithaSunburn, Jun 30, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2008
  8. B_New End

B_New End New Member

America takes in way more Asian and Mexican immigrants, than any of the mentioned countries in the story.

9. transformer_99

Gold Member

And you forgot to include bald too ! :biggrin1:

10. B_johnschlong

B_johnschlong New Member

The question the world is asking is this: will the American empire have the courage to fall with grace? Or will it be cowardly and kick as many people in the butt while it is going down?

You know, the style in which an Empire goes through its own decline says a lot - post-factum - about the true nature and value of that empire.

The Byzantine model stands out as the most beautiful way of going down.

The European method - when the nation-states that made up the European Empire quickly started some vain wars in the colonies to hang on to power - would be the example not to follow.

11. transformer_99

Gold Member

Really, who's taking our place at the top ? Certainly not Burma or China ?

12. TurkeyWithaSunburn

Gold Member

Albums:
    :eek:fftopic: What's this have to do with how we Americans are becoming midgets?:biggrin1: We won't have far to fall since we're shrinking :rolleyes:

Yah I know midgets is a bad term, the PC term is little people.

13. HamYai

HamYai New Member

The last time I and my family were in the States, we couldn't get over just how small your policemen are.

Proper bunch of short-arses (though the firearms they are packing still makes them more intimidating than a British Bobbie).

14. Kodak101

Kodak101 Member

Yawn, this country is going to shit, the economy is getting screwed beyond belief, and out of all the things you point out wrong with America is our "poor lifestyle"?

Do some people really have nothing better to do then to gather information, do extensive research, and in the end waste all that time just to find something bad about America? We get it, in the past your country was the whipping boy and we came out on top, but it won't last long, so just go about your life and thank God (or whatever you might believe, if anything) that you aren't American

15. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

My god. He really IS a troll.

16. invisibleman

Gold Member

Is this another promo for HOSTEL, part 3? I will go and see that movie when it comes out.

17. sargon20

Gold Member

The whole world is going to shit ne c'est pas? Is there a place on the planet where the long term prognosis is good? Environment...health....energy...etc..etc?

18. Kodak101

Kodak101 Member

well, at the rate we're going, we'll all be dead before it gets REALLY bad

Eh, I don't know though, something might come along that will revolutionize health or something, but I ain't a prophet

19. camper joe

Gold Member

Why do you people keep feeding this troll?

20. Northland

Gold Member

The thing is they want men, not a boring one-noter thing like you.

Who blabbed about my height? Names! I want names!

That's hair follicle challenged.

I thought the new term was height challenged.

Finally someone offers the good news! With the economy tanking there is less money for food so the new American being shorter will need less food-problem solved!

Draft saved Draft deleted