American men are shrinking; European men keep growing taller and taller

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
I wonder how large the sample sizes were for the comparison. To be fair for America, maybe one should only count American-born men. And though it probably wouldn't be fair to exclude persons of color, maybe it's better to compare two homogenous samples of white, Anglo-Saxon men. I dunno.

Either way, BELIEVE me... I'm 5'10" and I have to be thankful that I am just a glance above the average American man's height, even though I meet plenty of people taller than me.

benoc

Experimental Member
Media
I didn't realise the NBA was a sport for Midgets.

And if height is a reflectance of health Japan's diet has got a lot worse over the last 50 years yet the population is taller.

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yawn bla bla bla, I'm tall I hate it, so what's the big fucking deal. I always wished I was more like everyone else. Being tall only makes people expect more from you. And your more apt to fail because of higher expectations. Even sex is inconvenient for someone taller. Then there are all the fucking stupid questions like did you play basket ball or how big are your feet, Damn what size glove do you wear. Buying pants most of my life has been nearly impossible because there is never a pair in the size I want. Big men stores charge way more then the stuff is worth. Can't drive a small car because theres no room in there for your body. A lot of thing in the stores are hung below a 6 foot levels so you hit your head on stuff. I hate this especially with light fixtures, they hurt. Also older homes the door jams are shorter and you can really mess you head up. I got scares to prove it.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I wonder how large the sample sizes were for the comparison. To be fair for America, maybe one should only count American-born men. And though it probably wouldn't be fair to exclude persons of color, maybe it's better to compare two homogenous samples of white, Anglo-Saxon men. I dunno.

Either way, BELIEVE me... I'm 5'10" and I have to be thankful that I am just a glance above the average American man's height, even though I meet plenty of people taller than me.
I'm six feet tall and when I'm in Holland or Germany I really notice how many really tall men are around. I'm use to being above average and it's a shock to be looking up a so many giants.

musclebare9

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I am 6'-4" and tired of banging my head on low hanging sh%t. I think it would be great to have some taller Europeans around to clear the way for me. My wife is 5'-10" and my son is expected to be at least 6'-4" when he gets older. Let's hear it for statistics. Any chance this study was done by Europeans. And since gas prices are so high, let's talk about cars that are designed for a taller person. It's not the downsized econoboxes that make the 6'+ tall person comfortable. There are definite disadvantages to being tall. Wait until the airlines start charging by weight, then see how happy the europeans are about being tall.

WolvesInTheThroneRoom

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Like others have noted, our millions of asians and mexicans (who at least come here to WORK and not mooch off a welfare state as muslims do in europe) that dwarfs some european countires entire population, legally as well as illegally, contribute to this study, as they are considered 'americans' for purposes of, well for all purposes and of course our large below middle class who does in fact eat like shit, but they are in no way starving.Even we have a much smaller percentage of unemployed than say france or germany, we do have our share and their poor diets contribute.

I don't doubt the study but it is skewed, if you compared (self-supported) middle class or above whites or blacks in america to the (welfare state supported) middle class of europe there would be no difference. Except in personal drive and industry.

Don't get too excited about the future of white europe however, with declining birthrates continent wide and an oceantide influx of muslims, who are largely HOSTILE to the their host countries, (how many nationwide mexican riots have we had here? eh? eh?) that dwarfs americas immigrant problem and a non-demanding welfare state that is slowly and surely sapping the once famed vigor and industriousness (and that end of the european gene pool ended up in america as pioneers and entrepreneurs etc) right out of once proud peoples while simultaneously slowly being milked dry; the few working europeans cant support the millions of non-working muslims. Sarkozy may not be popular to the easy living parisians with their short work weeks etc but he grasps the future and knows what is best for france...and that doesnt include ten million immigrants and a welfare state.
anway...
And as far as junk food goes, britain is every bit as bad as america, I know Ive lived there.
If youve ever spent time in the vast rural areas of this country there millions of people who dont eat fast food because they have no access to it, they eat as raw and organic as any avant garde urban vegan.
The fastest way to show off your pseudo-intellectualism is to come up with yet another lame attempt to indirectly bash the US.
Why dont you go ahead and show us your anti-western, anti-white, anti-capitalist ID card and get it over with?

B_johnschlong

Experimental Member
Media
I don't doubt the study but it is skewed, if you compared (self-supported) middle class or above whites or blacks in america to the (welfare state supported) middle class of europe there would be no difference. Except in personal drive and industry.

Don't get too excited about the future of white europe however, with declining birthrates continent wide and an oceantide influx of muslims, who are largely HOSTILE to the their host countries, (how many nationwide mexican riots have we had here? eh? eh?) that dwarfs americas immigrant problem and a non-demanding welfare state that is slowly and surely sapping the once famed vigor and industriousness (and that end of the european gene pool ended up in america as pioneers and entrepreneurs etc) right out of once proud peoples while simultaneously slowly being milked dry; the few working europeans cant support the millions of non-working muslims. Sarkozy may not be popular to the easy living parisians with their short work weeks etc but he grasps the future and knows what is best for france...and that doesnt include ten million immigrants and a welfare state.
anway...
And as far as junk food goes, britain is every bit as bad as america, I know Ive lived there.
If youve ever spent time in the vast rural areas of this country there millions of people who dont eat fast food because they have no access to it, they eat as raw and organic as any avant garde urban vegan.
The fastest way to show off your pseudo-intellectualism is to come up with yet another lame attempt to indirectly bash the US.
Why dont you go ahead and show us your anti-western, anti-white, anti-capitalist ID card and get it over with?

If you had done the effort of reading the original study, you would have noticed that the comparison is of caucasian males only.

Do you think top researchers would be so dumb as not to take into account racial differences?

So get a grip, plz.

WolvesInTheThroneRoom

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
these popular 'end of days' scenarios that the media is beating itself up to get out daily, are nothing new. In the 70s it was a global ice age, now its global warming (some of the same alarmist were at the helm then too) and I'm sure during the much warmer medieval warm period soothsayers and heralds were crying the end of the world too ...relax kids ;)

"Our earth is degenerate in these latter days. There are signs that the world is speedily coming to an end. Bribery and corruption are common, Children no longer obey their parents. Every man wants to write a book, and the end of the world evidently is approaching."

Assyrian tablet circa 2800 BC

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Why is this thread turning into another anti-American, anti-British, anti-European bitch-fest???

JohnSchlong was inflammatory in his OP, by using the tallness issue as a bait to the Americans here, why do it brother?

Whilst the facts are true, that Brits are on average a wee bit taller, it is well known that the Dutch are on average the tallest people on this planet.

Another fact, most Brits feel a great warmth towards America. We share a lot in common, in particular the English language. We have stood side by side time and time again, and I believe our common bonds and friendship will stand the test of time. America is our closest Brother, and I hope that most Americans see us as theirs also.

Never mind the haters out there.

WolvesInTheThroneRoom

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No I didnt bother to read the details. so be it, but what I had to say remains unphased.
The long term outlook for white europeans is much more grim than for north american whites.

Also you have to understand that if they are comparing nordic/germanic europeans to the melting pot that is white america it is no wonder that the netherlands or norway or germany are slightly taller on average, duh.
Where is the comparisons to spain or portugal, or greece?
Please, spare us this nonsense

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If you take the wolf out of the wild he and his off spring eventually cease to be wolves. Its been proven.

WolvesInTheThroneRoom

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Millions of us do. Yet in a country of over 300 million you will still have millions who eat like shit.
America is the number one place/thing/idea that the world generalizes the most about and the one entity that is most accused of generalizing the world.
Whatever the percentage is in this country of uneducated rednecks or ghetto idiots who are xenophobic and know nothing of the world outside their community, it is the same percentage of uneducated yobs and chavs in britain...or germany or wherever.

WolvesInTheThroneRoom

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
To quote myself,

Also you have to understand that if they are comparing nordic/germanic europeans to the melting pot that is white america it is no wonder that the netherlands or norway or germany are slightly taller on average, duh.
Where is the comparisons to spain or portugal, or greece?
Please, spare us this nonsense

I'm of dutch/scottish (within 2 generations) ancestry and no male in my extended family is under 6' and there are millions of other american families who can say the same.
It would be interesting to see the comparisons of american whites, with the same genetic background as the northern european countries cited in the study. Anything other than that is faulty.
If you wanted to compare the differences between dutch who live in the netherlands and people who live in south africa, then to be accurate you would want to compare people who are of reliable dutch heritage and not mixed with the people of british descent or the indigenous peoples, this study clearly failed to account for this.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I'm looking forward to the day when American and European men GROW UP, instead of having pissing contests like little boys.