American men make the best husbands

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Study: American men make the best husbands

That's according to a
new study that says American men make the best husbands -- especially when compared to Australian ones. Researchers asked 13,500 men and women aged 20 to 45 from 12 countries about gender, housework and childcare responsibilities. Based on their responses, American men were considered the best husbands, followed by men from Norway, Sweden, England and Northern Ireland. Australian men finished last because they loathe helping out with the housework.
"In egalitarian countries you might, in principle, expect to see women preferring to remain single rather than face the prospect of spending more time doing household chores," study author Dr. Almudena Sevilla-Sanz said. "However, this study shows that in egalitarian countries there is less social stigma attached to men doing what was traditionally women's work."
The trick is to find a worthwhile American man who isn't turned off to marriage and commitment.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's an unfair rap. I'm quite good with housework: I can cook, clean, change the bed, use a vacuum AND a washing machine. And I do it all weekly
Yes, but can you do it w/o bitching about it or making it seem like a Herculean task? :wink::tongue:

Ramsey

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
njqt466 said:
The trick is to find a worthwhile American man who isn't turned off to marriage and commitment.

I'm not, but when the woman who said she wants me is psychotic and emotionally unstable it's a big turn off.

Last edited:

ScorpioSlut

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
If I read correctly it was based on a questionaire. I think it's probably the case that the American men are more delusional about what they actually contribute as compared to European or other men who are simply more realistic about what they contribute. I've seen plenty of American husbands and European husbands and in my opinion the European ones have always been better.

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
And this "study" drew its sweeping conclusion (pun intended) based on household chores? Hmmm. In my experience American men, on average, are less well educated and clueless lovers compared to men in lots of other countries. Not to mention more full of themselves -- which may account for some of the sampling bias.

But I suppose all that is more than compensated for by mowing the lawn and occasionally emptying the dishwasher.

Last edited:

badgirl22

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If I read correctly it was based on a questionaire. I think it's probably the case that the American men are more delusional about what they actually contribute as compared to European or other men who are simply more realistic about what they contribute.

YES, delusional! My ex will tell you all about how hard he worked and everything he did. If you ask my kids, they'll tell you all he does is lay on the couch, watch tv or take naps - LOL!

ScorpioSlut

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
No I find women in general more realistic when it comes to describing who does what sort of housework. What I meant by my original comment was that while the women were reporting the men do x amount lets say 30 percent.....the American men unlike their European and Australian counterpart were probably reporting that they do Fifty percent instead of an actual realistic number like 30-40 percent.

B_Bonky

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
... this doesn't say much for american men. Sounds like kind of a lame questionnaire though.

Ed69

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I guess we live "Old school"My wife takes care of the house and books.I do all the heavy ugly stuff.Sometimes we trade places as needed.

In the end I think this study is short sighted and ignorant of how real life works.