American Muslim Kills Soldier Outside Recruiting Station

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Gunman Kills Soldier Outside Recruiting Station
By STEVE BARNES and JAMES DAO

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. — A 23-year-old man upset about the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan opened fire from his truck at two soldiers standing outside a military recruiting station here on Monday morning, killing one private and wounding another, the police said. The gunman, identified by the police as Abdulhakim Mujahid Muhammad of Little Rock, fled the scene and was arrested minutes later a short distance from the recruiting station, in a bustling suburban shopping center. The police confiscated a Russian-made SKS semiautomatic rifle, a .22-caliber rifle and a handgun from his black pickup truck. The two privates, who were both from Arkansas, were in Little Rock as part of a recruiting program that typically uses soldiers recently out of basic training to promote the Army in their home regions, Army officials said. “They were serving their country,” said Lt. Col. Thomas F. Artis, commander of the Oklahoma City recruiting battalion, which includes Arkansas. “They were just standing outside, just taking a five-minute break, just minding their own business — and this happens.”

The dead soldier was identified as Pvt. William A. Long, 23, of Conway, about 30 miles north of Little Rock. The other victim, Pvt. Quinton Ezeagwula, 18, was in stable condition at Baptist Medical Center, Chief Stuart Thomas of the Little Rock Police Department said.In a lengthy interview with the police, Mr. Muhammad said he was angry about the killing of Muslims in Iraq and Afghanistan, Chief Thomas said. Previously known as Carlos Bledsoe, Mr. Muhammad told investigators that he had converted to Islam as a teenager, Chief Thomas said. Chief Thomas said investigators believe that Mr. Muhammad acted alone. He seemed to be familiar with the Army recruiting office because it was not far from his home, the chief said, but might have been on the prowl for anyone in uniform. “I would say he was looking for any and all targets of opportunity that happened to be military,” the chief said in a telephone interview. “That may have well been the first place he found.” Mr. Muhammad will be charged with one count of capital murder and 15 counts of terroristic acts, one for each person who was hit or endangered by the shots he fired. Thirteen people were in the recruiting office at the time.

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yeah, this guy just happened to own this many weapons. I guess he was a hunter right?

D_Jerry_Atric

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
No, he's southern. For the south that is not an uncommon number of fire arms to own.

What's with the bad stereotypes? Not everyone that's from the south owns a gun or is into them. People from all over the US have firearms and thankfully most of them do not go crazy like this bastard did.

Don't forget us northerners have guns too. I grew up with a rifle in the house and so did many of my friends and it's not a big deal.

I don't see anything wrong with owning a gun but I do not think that just anyone should be able to go in and buy a gun and I'm all for certain background checks, and training so you know firearm safety.

I feel sympathy for the soldiers and their families. :frown1: I hope nobody in the office was hurt or killed.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Mr. Muhammad said he was angry about the killing of Muslims in Iraq and Afghanistan

Presumably, he was not as angry about the killing and raping of hundreds of thousands of Muslims in Darfur...at the hands of other Muslims.

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This is so upsetting. I can't even imagine what the private's family is going through.