American presidential primaries: creepy insincere smile-a-thon

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Is it just me or is there anyone else out there completely disgusted by the totally fake totally insincere and downright creepy smiles each of the most recent candidates running has on their face while they are sitting or standing at a debate and someone else at the debate is openly criticizing them? What political strategist convinced them that this was the best way to handle such a situation? The only one who doesn't do it is Obama (and maybe Huckabee? I don't remember), who instead looks pensive and thoughtful as if he's formulating a response. He's the only one that looks human, as opposed to Clinton, McCain, Romney, Giuliani et al. who all have that same hideous dead-eyed stepford-wife grin from ear to ear even though you can tell they're thinking of ways to kill whomever it is talking smack about them.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I've noticed it, and it bothers the hell out of me. :rolleyes: Maybe another reason I like Obama? I know they have a reason for doing it, they don't want to seem upset or angry or defeated... but I don't know any normal person who smiles while someone is talking shit on them.

They're like Uma/Durga/Parvati/Kali; four incarnations in one avatar.

Ron Paul looks exasperated because he is exasperated! How's that for honesty?

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Ron Paul is pretty cool. He's just old. I don't think he can help his expression - it's worn in that way. It would be nice to vote for an underdog and have it count. As it is voting for anyone other than the jackass or the elephant is a tossed off vote. I wish we had you know runner-up or something. Isn't that kind of how parliamentary elections go off?

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Is it just me or is there anyone else out there completely disgusted by the totally fake totally insincere and downright creepy smiles each of the most recent candidates running has on their face while they are sitting or standing at a debate and someone else at the debate is openly criticizing them? What political strategist convinced them that this was the best way to handle such a situation? The only one who doesn't do it is Obama (and maybe Huckabee? I don't remember), who instead looks pensive and thoughtful as if he's formulating a response. He's the only one that looks human, as opposed to Clinton, McCain, Romney, Giuliani et al. who all have that same hideous dead-eyed stepford-wife grin from ear to ear even though you can tell they're thinking of ways to kill whomever it is talking smack about them.
Very good point. The all look Po' Faced. McCain looks as if he just shit himself. A look of strain on his face as if he is trying to have a bowel movement.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
They're like Uma/Durga/Parvati/Kali; four incarnations in one avatar.

Ron Paul looks exasperated because he is exasperated! How's that for honesty?
I think his voice plays a part, if he put some bass in it there would be a different reaction. Also, he could work on controlling his facial reactions, but if he did that, would look like the other candidates.

There are a few really smooth politicians out there, Tim Walz, Jack Ryan, Gavin Newsom, Gary Hart, Bill Clinton, John Sununu, Bob Kerrey, Bob Graham, even Nader. Few vote for the slicker, natural or learned rhetors, tho. I think Lincoln, and fortunately for Clinton he had great people with his campaign. William Jenning Bryan was just SOL.

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Huckabee just looks crazy to me. It's like the lights are on and nobody's home.

Hillary looks like she just sat on a cactus and she's smiling to hide it.

McCain looks like he's in on some inside joke that we are too young to understand. Oh, and his wife is kind of Stepford Wifish.

Romney has that cultish smile that says, "I've got some purple Kool-aid for ya!"

Giuliani looks like he's smiling because he knows he'll never be president.

And yeah, Obama looks the most human. Still his smiles can look a little uncomfortable like he's just farted, a silent but deadly one.

Politicians smile in strange ways. Is it the smile that a predator has before it pounces on its prey (the electorate)?

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
et al. who all have that same hideous dead-eyed stepford-wife grin from ear to ear even though you can tell they're thinking of ways to kill whomever it is talking smack about them.

LOL. I have been thinking the same thing, but I love the way you phrased that. They remind me of smiling talking-heads on the news channels. I have noticed an air of arrogance in Obama. When he is not the center of the camera's attention, he seems to have a nose-in-the-air haughtyness about him. Like a "my shit don't stink" attitude. Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know.

I don't think Paul is nuts. He's actually quite accurate. He and a small contingent of people in government have spent years warning about the fiscal crisis that's beginning to blossom right now.

The FDA has been gutted. In its current incarnation it's a government lobby for drug companies. The FDA fought against Canadian drugs being imported to the US on grounds they might be dangerous while ignoring the fact that those drugs came from the same factories as drugs sold in the US. Who knows what drugs they use in 'dem thar scary foreign countries! Might be mixtures of bat wings and eye of newt for all we know!

He wants us out of Iraq, wants the US to stop playing world policeman, and scale back federal government so the states can manage things themselves. That means more localized government for we citizens, and therefore greater say in government itself. He also wants us out of the World Bank, the UN, and the IMF. All in all, not bad ideas in my book.

With all the money we can save, we might just be able to afford national health care. That's the one issue where I disagree with Paul. Otherwise he's actually looking out for the welfare of the country and not his own pockets.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
Perhaps all the candidates should have facial botox shots so they can't smile those fake plastered on smiles, and must rely on the weight of their words and thoughts.

Or have them dress up in mime outfits and communicate that way.

Sadly, a lot of presidential material that is churned out daily is about damage control, and not about issues. Nowhere has it been more true about "He said, she said" as an issue.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
In regards to the FDA, it is out of touch with much of what could be right about medicine. I have used herbal remedies and grown my own stuff that has kept some fungus infections on my skin at bay, and killed outright. The FDA tends to look the other way on issues like this, opting for patentable medicines that cost an arm and a leg and some chunks of your liver and spleen. And then there are medicines which do work, and have been proven to work overseas, which are not allowed in the USA because of restrictions and lobbying. The fears of another thalidomide style happening are justified, but not at the lives of people suffering or dying.

And I said before, Ron Paul doesn't have a chance.