American presidential primaries: creepy insincere smile-a-thon

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Is it just me or is there anyone else out there completely disgusted by the totally fake totally insincere and downright creepy smiles each of the most recent candidates running has on their face while they are sitting or standing at a debate and someone else at the debate is openly criticizing them? What political strategist convinced them that this was the best way to handle such a situation? The only one who doesn't do it is Obama (and maybe Huckabee? I don't remember), who instead looks pensive and thoughtful as if he's formulating a response. He's the only one that looks human, as opposed to Clinton, McCain, Romney, Giuliani et al. who all have that same hideous dead-eyed stepford-wife grin from ear to ear even though you can tell they're thinking of ways to kill whomever it is talking smack about them.

I doubt you would want to see any of them when they're human and snap at their secretaries over a misplaced file, slam their fist on the desk over a bad headline, growl at their wives/husbands or generally ram it to anyone who comes along at an awkward moment. Not to mention the possibly very awkward domestic situation at the Clintons'. Hey Hillary, what's it like if you only keep your marriage existing for power calculating reasons?

I suppose they all do also remember a bad TV moment of good ol' Dick Nixon, who lost a fair share of voters to Kennedy after showing up at a TV duel looking and acting like a violent felon on probation. TV audience doesn't like the so human misbehaving.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
hahaha.... thanks guys for your comments. Got a good kick out of reading this thread and pleased to see it hasn't degenerated into a "my candidate has a more sincere smile than yours."

Anyone watch the debate in Texas last night? It looked like Hillary was trying to bore a hole into Barack Obama's neck with her heat vision when he was talking about healthcare.

Obama: silent but deadly. hahah. I liked that comment the most I think.

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Anyone watch the debate in Texas last night? It looked like Hillary was trying to bore a hole into Barack Obama's neck with her heat vision when he was talking about healthcare.

That is either:

A - A view with a kill
B - Her version of healthcare: visual-thermal energetic healing
C - The hope that he would go away if only she stares at him hard enough. Kinda like a bad dream.

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
I have noticed an air of arrogance in Obama. When he is not the center of the camera's attention, he seems to have a nose-in-the-air haughtyness about him. Like a "my shit don't stink" attitude. Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know.
No, I don't think you are. He's definitely becoming increasingly arrogant the longer Obamamania goes on. The 'Obama Ministries' sermons are also getting old. The 45-minute speech following the WI primary earlier this week was just a bit excessive (not to mention probably longer than most inaugural addresses). No wonder people faint at those things... they're probably parched and/or famished! :eek:

Hahaha.. yeah, she was shooting daggers. She's really got that 'keep smiling while I knife you in your back' thing down pat. :biggrin1: