American Psycho

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by mephistopheles, Sep 9, 2006.

1. mephistopheles

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm going on my 3rd year of theatre this school year, and we have a few choice assignments:

1. Music Interpretation
    2. Dramatic monologue
    3. Comedic monologue

Within the first 4 weeks of the year we will have already done all of this, but these are the things I'm most excited about. I've decided to do something a little different from everyone else, with my monologues and music interp I'll be running with a theme... American Psycho. (Movie or Book)

I first read the book a few years ago, and I hadta see the movie, and the reason I read the book was becuase of a Misfits song titled simply "American Psycho"... I preformed the same music interp last year, for a video shoot, and for some photos for the year book(if i can get photos or a vdeo i'll hafta post it.

Anyway! For my interp I'll wear a nice suit(bright green blazer, black undershirt and slacks, and a pair of black wingtipped shoes with a yellow tight... it doesnt match to well but I like it) Anyway, ontop of all that I'll put on a straight jacket and mix my interp of the lyrics along with quick jerks and things you might expect from someone tweaking on some sort of pills. Anyway with all that I do, I'm really about showmenship, it looks really great.

For my dramatic monologue I'll being doing opening and ending soliloquies, and for my comedic I'll be doing a bit where he comes off a murderous rant into describing a gentleman's jacket and how it clashes with his boldstriped tie(maybe not funny to you, but to me its awesome)

Anyway, I just hadta tell someone, I'm so freaking excited.

I'll end up doing my music interp for the 2nd and first years aswell(for a demonstration of what they might have to do if they get to the 3rd year.)

I'll get some pics of my suit and my straight jacket, it looks cool.

i might even talk my bandmates into remaking the song, so I can be a bit more entwined with the art forms of acting, dancing, singing, etc. Sounds fun!

Also for our spring musical we'll be putting on "Wicked: The Untold Story of the Witches of Oz" and I think i'll even try out in the auditions, or help with costuming or props and backdrops.

2. JustAsking

Gold Member

This is the coolest thing I have heard all night. You are one interesting dude.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice