American Psycho

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by mephistopheles, Sep 9, 2006.

1. mephistopheles

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm going on my 3rd year of theatre this school year, and we have a few choice assignments:

1. Music Interpretation
    2. Dramatic monologue
    3. Comedic monologue

Within the first 4 weeks of the year we will have already done all of this, but these are the things I'm most excited about. I've decided to do something a little different from everyone else, with my monologues and music interp I'll be running with a theme... American Psycho. (Movie or Book)

I first read the book a few years ago, and I hadta see the movie, and the reason I read the book was becuase of a Misfits song titled simply "American Psycho"... I preformed the same music interp last year, for a video shoot, and for some photos for the year book(if i can get photos or a vdeo i'll hafta post it.

Anyway! For my interp I'll wear a nice suit(bright green blazer, black undershirt and slacks, and a pair of black wingtipped shoes with a yellow tight... it doesnt match to well but I like it) Anyway, ontop of all that I'll put on a straight jacket and mix my interp of the lyrics along with quick jerks and things you might expect from someone tweaking on some sort of pills. Anyway with all that I do, I'm really about showmenship, it looks really great.

For my dramatic monologue I'll being doing opening and ending soliloquies, and for my comedic I'll be doing a bit where he comes off a murderous rant into describing a gentleman's jacket and how it clashes with his boldstriped tie(maybe not funny to you, but to me its awesome)

Anyway, I just hadta tell someone, I'm so freaking excited.

I'll end up doing my music interp for the 2nd and first years aswell(for a demonstration of what they might have to do if they get to the 3rd year.)

I'll get some pics of my suit and my straight jacket, it looks cool.

i might even talk my bandmates into remaking the song, so I can be a bit more entwined with the art forms of acting, dancing, singing, etc. Sounds fun!

Also for our spring musical we'll be putting on "Wicked: The Untold Story of the Witches of Oz" and I think i'll even try out in the auditions, or help with costuming or props and backdrops.

2. JustAsking

Gold Member

This is the coolest thing I have heard all night. You are one interesting dude.

Draft saved Draft deleted