American Teens lack of general knowledge

Willy_the_Wonka

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well, I believe that if we the U.S. Americans were like, to help the people of the South African Countries, you know, we could help them with being fashionistic, and you know, the South Africa and other Asian Countries could help us and we could help each other, and we'd all be fashiontastic AND smart, and

~DING!~ :confused:

LargeJohnson

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I couldn't agree more with a lot of what's been said in here. It seemed to me as I was going through high school that the better teachers were all retiring, and inferior ones were replacing them. Maybe lack of experience, but probably poor training and lack of motivation as well. It seems that the there is no passion for teaching these days, and its just a job people fall back on.. it's a well paying job with good benefits (in my city, at least). Unfortunately, I haven't the slightest idea of how to fix the situation. Maybe do like they do in Denmark (I think) and let parents chose which school their kids go to, then divvy up funding based on enrollment. As one school's reputation gets better and its numbers go up, there is incentive for other schools to aspire to higher and higher standards.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
And to think Ms. Winfrey started her career as a hard hitting news reporter in Chicago. Where did you stray from the path Oprah?

Regrettably, Oprah, and others like her, probably strayed when it became clear there's much lot more money to be made in pandering pop culture baloney than investigating hard hitting news stories.

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Regrettably, Oprah, and others like her, probably strayed when it became clear there's much lot more money to be made in pandering pop culture baloney than investigating hard hitting news stories.

Yes, and Oprah has become wealthy pandering this pop culture...

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
I'm not sure if America can get any more anti-intellectual than it already is.

If you can kick a ball or run a ball on a field = millionaire

If you are girl who can wear a size 0 and scream your lungs out = millionaire

Already famous and wants a talkshow = billionaire

If you like to wrestle and take steroids = millionaire

Stupidity sells. :biggrin1:

Irony: We all these wonderful universities. Go figure!

hotguy8884

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This thread is starting to remind me of a movie called "Idiocracy".. It stars Luke Wilson who mistakenly gets frozen and wakes up in the future.

Everyone is completely idiotic in the future because of television and the media and such.

If you are interested in this thread, you like a good comedy, or you jsut think Luke Wilson is drop dead gorgeous, then you should definitely rent or illegally pirate this video.

Rob <3

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This thread is starting to remind me of a movie called "Idiocracy".. It stars Luke Wilson who mistakenly gets frozen and wakes up in the future.

Idiocracy is an admirable piece of satire. It's not a first-rate movie, but if you are appalled at the universal dumbing-down of American life it should afford you considerable bitter satisfaction. Fox, the studio that produced the movie, tried to kill it, first by delaying its release for a year and then by releasing it without any advance screenings for reviewers and with minimal publicity. No wonder: it satirizes the mass idiocy of which the Fox Network is a contributing cause.

You can watch the first three minutes of the movie on YouTube here.

B_blackkid

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight

Everyone is completely idiotic in the future because of television and the media and such.

If you are interested in this thread, you like a good comedy, or you jsut think Luke Wilson is drop dead gorgeous, then you should definitely rent or illegally pirate this video.

Rob <3

Goodness that's terrible!

As for the entertainment industry and it's leaders making money that makes sense; it's easier to keep the people dumb, controlled, and happy than it is to make the people smart, capable, and ready to break free. Truth be told the only reason computer's are "Advancing" at an alarming rate is because we're all stupid enough to buy the bullshit; computers have not advanced in about four or five years; it's just reusing the same principles to do things that are a little more flashy.

If Computers really advanced our memory processing speeds and amounts would be much higher than our current max: 1 terrabyte. That's about a 10% increase since computer science became a science; speed? That's a joke; there are, and were years ago, computers with multiple cores and all this "New" technology. Core systems, P2P technologies, RAM tech, etc. have all been around for a long time.

In honest consideration what do you think P2P and FTP have in common?

[ shrugs ]

Point: Entertainment is the easiest way to keep salivating humans salivating; I don't own a television, and never watched it like my mother / brother / sister and goodness I came out "legendary" in my class year after year; I had no problem accepting concepts and burning holes in cirriculums.

So, remember, the next time your enjoying a season ticket you're missing out on pertinent information; not that you should not enjoy life, but there is a point where leading voluptuous existences simply leads to the degredation of man.