American troops- fighting for our freedom?

THEDUDEofDestiny

Experimental Member
Media
History is written by the victors.

until enough time has passed that the world moves on and no one cares about the view points of the victors or of the beaten. history doesn't take stands on say, the peloponnesian war, as the survivors themselves die off i doubt anyone will be claiming a side in our current wars either

B_curiousme01

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
America is the greatest country in the world. I am so thankful for those who serve! Brave warriors one and all. Thank You Thank You Thank You! Unlike the clone-like bodies who make up DC, these men and woman believe in honor courage and sacrifice. Instead of make-up, bright lights, pr teams and $10,000 gala dinner plates, they wear bdu's, eat mre's, and often sleep far away from home with a gun by their side just in case a crazy, fucked person decides to blow things up, poision the population or God only knows what. I feel confident in believing that if America eliminated the military tomorrow, most of us would be dead by Saturday and America would be gone. Period. Yes. Believe it or not, there are millions of people who hate you because you are American. And they would kill you if only they could. Thank god for our FREEDOM FIGHTERS!! They also serve those in devestated countries like Haiti, for instance. I think the work they are doing there equates to freedom in untold ways for the Hatian people. Most of us spend our lives running around to here and there whenever it suits or fancy, we say whatever we want when we want anywhere we want, can get drunk or high on a whim and of course, we just consume everything in site for our very own personal gratification. All freedoms we civilivans take for granted every, single day without a second thought.

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
America is the greatest country in the world. I am so thankful for those who serve! Brave warriors one and all. Thank You Thank You Thank You! Unlike the clone-like bodies who make up DC, these men and woman believe in honor courage and sacrifice. Instead of make-up, bright lights, pr teams and $10,000 gala dinner plates, they wear bdu's, eat mre's, and often sleep far away from home with a gun by their side just in case a crazy, fucked person decides to blow things up, poision the population or God only knows what. I feel confident in believing that if America eliminated the military tomorrow, most of us would be dead by Saturday and America would be gone. Period. Yes. Believe it or not, there are millions of people who hate you because you are American. And they would kill you if only they could. Thank god for our FREEDOM FIGHTERS!! They also serve those in devestated countries like Haiti, for instance. I think the work they are doing there equates to freedom in untold ways for the Hatian people. Most of us spend our lives running around to here and there whenever it suits or fancy, we say whatever we want when we want anywhere we want, can get drunk or high on a whim and of course, we just consume everything in site for our very own personal gratification. All freedoms we civilivans take for granted every, single day without a second thought.
Just to let you guys know, That passage isnt erotica. You should stop wanking now.

Hockeytiger

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Hi guys

I always hear that the troops are fighting for our rights as Americans. I don't understand what that means.

How are the Iraqis and Afghanistanis threatening our freedom? How are our soldiers fighting for our freedom? I understand that fighting in the revolution was integral to our freedom, but what about now? Is it just rhetoric?

I'd argue that my freedom to live is the most important freedom I have. Secondly, my freedom of religion is another important freedom of mine. Neither of those was respected by Al-Qaeda and the Taliban gave them sanctuary within their country. They were given the choice of expelling Al-Qaeda or war with the US. The Taliban chose war. Thus, it is quite clear to me how Afghanistan is about protecting freedom of Americans.

Iraq is tougher to see, and I freely admit that one can make a sound argument that American interests there are minimal if one has a narrow view, but if one takes a broader view, it becomes much more clear. If Iraq is allowed to disintigrate it might very well become a haven for Al-Qaeda, as Lebanon became a haven for many terrorists during its civil war. Secondly, Iraqi instability would spread chaos throughout the region. (That's something we learned from the disintigration of a much less important and less central country called Lebanon.) Chaos in the Middle East will certainly impact the freedoms of Americans and the majority of the planet.