American Uncut Guys - How Come?

Was born in 76, grateful I look way younger than my actual age.

Was born in California

Im Hispanic

I dunno why Inwas left uncut but am super grateful I was. Never really asked my parents why tho. But I do know, that out of all the men on my Mom's and Dad's side, Im the only uncut male.

Jc40952

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Charlotte (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Born in 1987, white, in Maryland. My parents were kind of hippies. We’ve never discussed it because I don’t think it requires discussion but the topic was brought up one time at a party (no clue how) and overheard my father say that the procedure was under a lot of scrutiny at the time and just decided it wasn’t right. Perfectly happy with that decision though admittedly was pretty embarrassed of it as a teenager/adolescent years.

hzs3fg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Born in 1987, white, in Maryland. My parents were kind of hippies. We’ve never discussed it because I don’t think it requires discussion but the topic was brought up one time at a party (no clue how) and overheard my father say that the procedure was under a lot of scrutiny at the time and just decided it wasn’t right. Perfectly happy with that decision though admittedly was pretty embarrassed of it as a teenager/adolescent years.

My son was born in 1986, Florida.

When we meet with the pediatrician just after his birth (or, was it just before?), I asked about circumcision. His reply caught me by surprise; asking the lines of, "Why? It is not necessary."

So, we did not have him circumcised at birth. However he was circumcised many years later at puberty due to phimosis.

qukslvr619

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Year born: 1982
State born: CA
Ethnic background: Hispanic (Dad is Mexican, Mom is White)
How come you were left uncut: Thought it was because my Dad was uncut, but my Mom said she didn't think it was necessary and I could make the decision.

My two sons, born in CA as well, were left uncut, but that hasn't stopped my ex-wife from seemingly trying to have it done to our youngest son multiple times (and then theorized if he has it done, then our oldest should have it done so that they match). Each time I reluctantly took him to the urologist, the doctor said he was fine and either prescribed some steroid cream or said to have him pull it back when he pees. Which is interesting that they have recommended retraction as early as 3. I didn't retract my foreskin until I was like 11-12.

Uncutsouthernboy

Superior Member
Media
Born in North Georgia. None of my family is circumcised. Never has been. Most of the guys I know are uncut too. I never saw a circumcised penis until college. The South has always had a lower circumcision rate.

I asked my parents about circumcision and why was I not. I was told the Obstetrician said "circumcision is not necessary." ,"I did not circumcise my own sons".

I have met a couple of fellows here on LPSG that are from my home town. None of them are circumcised either.

evolution

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I asked my parents about circumcision and why was I not. I was told the Obstetrician said "circumcision is not necessary." ,"I did not circumcise my own sons".

I have met a couple of fellows here on LPSG that are from my home town. None of them are circumcised either.
look that OB up & send him a group thank you. 1 man can make such a difference if he does his homework.

Reactions: Uncutsouthernboy

uncuttexasdad

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
How come you were left uncut: Thought it was because my Dad was uncut, but my Mom said she didn't think it was necessary and I could make the decision.

My two sons, born in CA as well, were left uncut, but that hasn't stopped my ex-wife from seemingly trying to have it done to our youngest son multiple times (and then theorized if he has it done, then our oldest should have it done so that they match). Each time I reluctantly took him to the urologist, the doctor said he was fine and either prescribed some steroid cream or said to have him pull it back when he pees. Which is interesting that they have recommended retraction as early as 3. I didn't retract my foreskin until I was like 11-12.
Average retraction is about 5,6,7

Reactions: 2891

Big_a_20

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

I was taught when I was little to always pull back when I pee and my dad was cut. Maybe he knew I was gonna have a big dick and figured get that foreskin moving sooner so it doesn’t get tight when I need it haha.

uncuttexasdad

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
look that OB up & send him a group thank you. 1 man can make such a difference if he does his homework.
Our pediatrician expected to circ our son. We said no thank you. He had all the negatives about cancer, infection , locker room looks., look like dad , (he told me better in the bedroom wink wink. ) He offered to do it free since insurance no longer pays for it. We said no thank you we’ll give him a bath

Year born: 72
State born: Texas
Ethnic background: Hispanic
How come you were left uncut: It was not commonly done with blacks and Hispanics in our parts, besides circumcision at least back then was not favored by Hispanics. It may be different now.

Average retraction is about 5,6,7

The retraction age seems quite variable it seems. I recall my foreskin being retractable by age 5 from my earliest memories.

Reactions: Atarashiya

Rockford Tyson

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
For American guys who are uncut, I'd be interested to know how come? I'm often surprised by the number of guys I see in the US who are uncut.

Year born:
State born:
Ethnic background:
How come you were left uncut:

I am American and uncircumcised. My father is European and not circumcised. My mother, although American, was kinda of a Hippie and the men of her family, Dutch, were not circumcised either and never took the custom in America despite the enormous American tradition of forcing immigrants to conform. My mother also considers the circumcision of males to be utterly barbaric and would never consent to it. I was born in Europe, so I would probably be circumcised if I were born in America despite my mother never allowing it because they do it automatically to boys in America without even requesting permission to the parents.

I went to a private school growing up in NYC, and me, a foreign exchange student and a boy who was born from a very poor family in the countryside and was there on academic scholarship were the only 3 intact boys in the whole school, In the locker room after gym, it looked like a mushroom farm, with all the boys dicks looking like they had mushrooms hanging upside down between their legs. I did get teased and called anteater every once in a while, but I was always a very independent and strong-willed person and never cared much what others think. Also, my dick was both longer and thicker than average(I have already posted pics confirming this), so they just looked silly teasing me.

Only once did my intact status cause problems. During a routine physical at the school, the doctor said I had to be circumcised because that is what is done to boys and that all proper American males have hoodless penises, and that he was going to talk to my parents about it. My mother actually got enraged at him and went to the school and told them in no uncertain terms that no son of hers would be mutilated and that she felt very strongly against genital mutilation of men. And that was the end of it. I guess that I was very lucky to have as mother one of those few women that protect their sons like most men protect their daughters. Most women don't have any sort of special regard towards their sons like most men have towards their daughters.

The circumcised penis does look better provided that the scar is not huge and ugly. But the most sensitive part of my penis is the inner skin right at the tip. So no thanks, I will keep it. Too bad most men don't even get the option.

uncuttexasdad

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I am American and uncircumcised. My father is European and not circumcised. My mother, although American, was kinda of a Hippie and the men of her family, Dutch, were not circumcised either and never took the custom in America despite the enormous American tradition of forcing immigrants to conform. My mother also considers the circumcision of males to be utterly barbaric and would never consent to it. I was born in Europe, so I would probably be circumcised if I were born in America despite my mother never allowing it because they do it automatically to boys in America without even requesting permission to the parents.

I went to a private school growing up in NYC, and me, a foreign exchange student and a boy who was born from a very poor family in the countryside and was there on academic scholarship were the only 3 intact boys in the whole school, In the locker room after gym, it looked like a mushroom farm, with all the boys dicks looking like they had mushrooms hanging upside down between their legs. I did get teased and called anteater every once in a while, but I was always a very independent and strong-willed person and never cared much what others think. Also, my dick was both longer and thicker than average(I have already posted pics confirming this), so they just looked silly teasing me.

Only once did my intact status cause problems. During a routine physical at the school, the doctor said I had to be circumcised because that is what is done to boys and that all proper American males have hoodless penises, and that he was going to talk to my parents about it. My mother actually got enraged at him and went to the school and told them in no uncertain terms that no son of hers would be mutilated and that she felt very strongly against genital mutilation of men. And that was the end of it. I guess that I was very lucky to have as mother one of those few women that protect their sons like most men protect their daughters. Most women don't have any sort of special regard towards their sons like most men have towards their daughters.

The circumcised penis does look better provided that the scar is not huge and ugly. But the most sensitive part of my penis is the inner skin right at the tip. So no thanks, I will keep it. Too bad most men don't even get the option.
I agree 99.9% except that circ requires permission from the parent, although that permission firm may be hidden like signing a loan form where they say sign here and here and here.