Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Funny Stuff: Jokes, Quizzes, Games & Pics' started by Calboner, Mar 25, 2011.
McSweeney's Internet Tendency: Reasons to Fear Canada.
Brilliant post !!! :biggrin1:
But sadly, there was a Disco phase here........:frown1:
I'm so sorry, Calboner. There was a disco phase here. I was there. I did the hustle. I hate to correct, so please accept my apologies...
Here - go here and have a coffee on me. If you roll up the rim and win? You can keep the prize.
Proof of Canadian disco phase.
You've just prooven what a sad thang it wuz, and iz, max.
I considered saying that, but since it's been suggested I practice more tact and princely 'indiretion',
I thought I'd leave it to others to draw their own conclusions. :wink:
Is that one of those words that "intellecuals" use?
disco aside, this is all true! once again mcsweeneys has my number the only thing canada lacks is In N Out. am i right?
You'll have to ask the noble Senor. I'm practicing tact.
If you're talking the burger joint and not the act, I have to say it's overrated.
I know, blasphemous, and I'm a Californian expat.
canada is also bigger, and on top.... shudder.... i need a shower lol
The problem with us Canadians is that we seem to not like to reproduce. The state of California alone has a larger population than Canada lol :O
I love Canada and have nothing against her. I simply think people underestimate the entrepreneurial ambition of American citizens. Socially, America may be behind, but that might be contributed to its ethnic, social, and geographical diversity. Some of the greatest innovations in modern history that have profoundly impacted our world were invented in America. These may not be the greatest sources, but they can tell a simple history of innovation in America.
I am not claiming American supremacy, and there are a large list of faults in this country, but why the need to belittle at any opportunity? Criticism is necessary, but can we not also acknowledge the great things America has produced? The animosity is unnecessary. In this troubled time our world faces, can't these two nations get along?
One thing necessary for a great country, is a citizenry with a sense of humour.
I'd like to do more than the hustle with that one....
...Like the horizontal mombo and other moves.
YOU KNOW YOU'RE FROM CANADA WHEN ...
1. You only know three spices: salt, pepper and ketchup.
2. You design your Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.
3. Canadian Tire on any Saturday is busier than the toy stores at Christmas.
4. You've taken your kids trick-or-treating in a blizzard.
5. Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled in with snow.
6. You think sexy lingerie is tube-socks and a flannel nightie with only 8 buttons.
7. The local paper covers national and international headlines on 2 pages, but requires 6 pages for hockey.
8. You know which leaves make good toilet paper.
9. You find -40C a little chilly.
10. The trunk of your car doubles as a deep freeze.
11. You attend a formal event in your best clothes, your finest jewelery and your Sorels.
12. You understand the Labatts Blue commercials.
13. You perk up when you hear the theme from "Hockey Night in Canada".
My favorite Canadian joke (also the only Canadian joke I know):
Why do Canadian couples like sex doggy-style? Because it lets them both watch the hockey game.
Yo Boston boy, lighten up Francis....after 3 years this is your first post.
... while still paddling the canoe.
Are we not getting along??? Damn....I've been sleeping with as many Americans as I can! There is only so much one woman can do!