Americans now favor Obamacare 50-35% !!!!

Thedrewbert

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
What is missing through out this entire debate is this:

Everyone pays for the uninsured.

Every time someone uninsured can't/doesn't/won't pay, the rates for the rest of us that do pay get our rates jacked up a little more. As of now, everything you have done medically has 30% extra thrown in to cover the costs of the uninsured.

"Obamacare" will do two major things on the abstract:
1. It will get the accounting to be more honest. Services will be billed to those who use them rather than billed to those who can pay. Before you can have any sort of honest discussion about healthcare cost reform, we must have an accurate accounting of what the costs are in the first place. Will this cost money? You betcha! But it's also the only way to fix the major structural issues we have.

2. Those who used to be uninsured will get more preventative care and will get earlier treatment. So that something that started as just a sinus infection gets treated promptly with prescription anti-biotics instead of requiring a visit to the ER after it turns into full blown pneumonia. This will, over time, lower costs.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I work my ass off so people can get Obamacare for free :mad:

Then do us all a favor and don't work.
Really, quit your job and don't contribute.

Because quite honestly, if you think the "pennies" that are taken from your paycheck each week is too much to offer for programs that you would be able to use if you needed it then nobody needs to hear about how hard you think you work.

B_Anchor_Baby

Just Browsing
Media
What is missing through out this entire debate is this:

Everyone pays for the uninsured.

Every time someone uninsured can't/doesn't/won't pay, the rates for the rest of us that do pay get our rates jacked up a little more. As of now, everything you have done medically has 30% extra thrown in to cover the costs of the uninsured.

"Obamacare" will do two major things on the abstract:
1. It will get the accounting to be more honest. Services will be billed to those who use them rather than billed to those who can pay. Before you can have any sort of honest discussion about healthcare cost reform, we must have an accurate accounting of what the costs are in the first place. Will this cost money? You betcha! But it's also the only way to fix the major structural issues we have.

2. Those who used to be uninsured will get more preventative care and will get earlier treatment. So that something that started as just a sinus infection gets treated promptly with prescription anti-biotics instead of requiring a visit to the ER after it turns into full blown pneumonia. This will, over time, lower costs.
You presume that the uninsured don't pay for themselves. When I was uninsured I payed for everything out of pocket. Treatments were much, much cheaper. This is the great myth, with much kudos to Obama, that is being portrayed by the proponets of socialized healthcare. Just because someone is uninsured doesn't mean that they cost more to the system .

I agree entirely that we need to have a very serious debate about what these services are worth. I'm sure the truth would surprise us.

Preventative care has been shown to increase costs. People are constantly being treated for things that they don't have. Few will develop the conditions we are trying to prevent. For instance, giving every male a screening for breast cancer might seem silly; unless you're one of the thousands that gets diagnosed every year. So, do we screen everyone? That would drive costs through the roof.

D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

Experimental Member
Media
the Kaiser foundation/washington post poll now says public opinion has shifted in favor of the Obama health care plan, as i predicted it would. Americans are finally realizing that all the noise from the tea party and the right wing and the health care industry was a big fat lie. Once again, the Obama message is resonating with the American people. Not even Fox news can defeat it.

God bless our courageous president who not only speaks well but takes appropriate action despite corporate liars and their selfish whores in congress and the media.:biggrin1:

where was this poll taken on the lpsg board? Doesn't matter it's going down as unconstitutional anyway. Health care is a commodity not a right.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
where was this poll taken on the lpsg board? Doesn't matter it's going down as unconstitutional anyway. Health care is a commodity not a right.
My health is NOT a commodity on which someone should be able to make a profit.

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I guess I really don't care what they do. I pay less than I feel is necessary to get the services that I recieve. I feel like I'm recieving a pretty good deal over all.
Typical rightwing "It's all about me" mentality. It's cool that you get yours, you just don't want anyone else to get the same deal.

I work my ass off so people can get Obamacare for free :mad:
lol... awww. It must suck to be you.

B_RedDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I am definitely on the liberal side of things Mercyful, but I agree with you completely on this. Especially without a public option.

Sometimes half measures are worse in some ways than taking no measures at all.

I still hate the mandatory insurance, that part is pure BS shoehorned in by the insurance industry. I'm praying it gets removed but somehow I doubt it.

B_RedDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
And I have a sense that the Democrats won't do as badly this November as some are hoping.

I think Obama is going to keep moving till his term is up.
And peeps will be surprised at all the major legislation he will have had passed by then.
And he'll be re-elected comfortably. . .
And history's eye will view him very favorably ... as will, short term, the electorate in 2012.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
And I have a sense that the Democrats won't do as badly this November as some are hoping.

Teabaggery is turning many Independents off, especially when the choice will be between a moderate Blue Dog type of Dem and a rabid teabagger.

Palin in 2012! Hell yeah!

Thedrewbert

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You presume that the uninsured don't pay for themselves. When I was uninsured I payed for everything out of pocket. Treatments were much, much cheaper. This is the great myth, with much kudos to Obama, that is being portrayed by the proponets of socialized healthcare. Just because someone is uninsured doesn't mean that they cost more to the system .

I agree entirely that we need to have a very serious debate about what these services are worth. I'm sure the truth would surprise us.

Preventative care has been shown to increase costs. People are constantly being treated for things that they don't have. Few will develop the conditions we are trying to prevent. For instance, giving every male a screening for breast cancer might seem silly; unless you're one of the thousands that gets diagnosed every year. So, do we screen everyone? That would drive costs through the roof.

I never presumed that ALL uninsured don't pay. I said when they don't pay.

Part of the problem is that they delay treatment to avoid costs and can often times end up with more serious issues than what they started with.

B_Anchor_Baby

Just Browsing
Media
Typical rightwing "It's all about me" mentality. It's cool that you get yours, you just don't want anyone else to get the same deal.
Typical liberal. Talking completely out of school with an emotional argument, branding everyone around them (as to make disagreeing that much easier), and still not making a point.

Where does it say that I don't want people to get the same deal? Of course I do. That would be fantastic. What a world it would be if people would budget and plan! Just a little reflection would steer most people away from lifes worst decisions. But, it's not going to happen. People want Ipods, carefree sex, and new cars, they don't care about health insurance. I chose to earn (yes, I said earn) my health insurance.

lol... awww. It must suck to be you.
I'm always amazed at how generous liberals are with other peoples money.

Let me ask you something Tall: what happens when Hungs leaves? What if he takes a job somewhere with a much reduced tax rate? (lets see if you can stick to the hypothetical on this one...!)