Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
We have known that soft drinks aren't real healthy but this?

Interesting artical:

An average of 44.7 gallons of soda per year.

Mt. Dew uses a flame retardant to keep the drink together.

Enjoy the reading I'm going for a beer or two. :rolleyes:

3 Surprising Reasons to Give Up Soda | Yahoo! Health

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I enjoy an ice cold coca-cola about six times a year so I'm not going to worry about. That Mountain Dew thing was kind of scary though.

Last edited:

aninnymouse

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Yeah. I don't drink pop very often. If I do, it's a luxury, or when I'm out. Too much bad stuff.

Another reason to give it up is the fact that the darker, caramel colored varieties can be extremely caustic. If you pour some on a rusty piece of metal, it can actually strip the rust away....Scary thought. What's it doing to your insides?

shyguy01

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The saddest and most depressing thing about reading up on this information regarding our health is that when you want to find out more you are directed to advertisements for health magazines and so forth.. Its shocking how dangerous and how little we actually know what goes into the food and drinks we consume and its these products that are thrown in our face on a daily basis without any pre-warning. It amazes me how they get away with putting these ingredients in that damage our health, we don't seem the slightest bit bothered and carry on buying as normal.

Last edited:

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'm addicted to my Soda Stream but I dislike their syrups.:puke:

Sparkling water in an instant and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and you've got a refreshing drink with no nasties in it.

OhWiseOne

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I drink no soda but copious amounts of water, coffee and beer. Seems to work for me.
The last two for me.

Yeah. I don't drink pop very often. If I do, it's a luxury, or when I'm out. Too much bad stuff.

Another reason to give it up is the fact that the darker, caramel colored varieties can be extremely caustic. If you pour some on a rusty piece of metal, it can actually strip the rust away....Scary thought. What's it doing to your insides?
One reason I had a stomach lining inserted. It's made of aluminum and titanium. The resulting discharge is well.....you figure it out. :rolleyes:

i drink way too much diet sodas. thanks ohwiseone for posting this. reminders are always good.

i didn't know about mountaindew. yikes, no more of that.
Just my public service announcement. Here to serve the LPSG masses. :cool:

The only soda I drink is a "splash" of in my "very limited amounts" of cocktails.

Other than that H2O, coffee and milk for me, please...

I don't even drink tea unless its hot tea and I'm very sick
"Splash" is that for color.

OMG you don't drink sweet tea. I'm reporting you to the Daughters of the Confederates. :eek:

I'm addicted to my Soda Stream but I dislike their syrups.:puke:

Sparkling water in an instant and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and you've got a refreshing drink with no nasties in it.
Is this like the feeling of a ray of sunshine after a spring shower? :thinkerg:

OhWiseOne

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Do you also have to be warned not to eat yellow snow? :wink::biggrin1:
I grew up in the north so I got the yellow snow thing down. It's the southern liquid rain I have an issue with. :redface:

Oh also learned very young. Never put your tongue on a steel post in the winter. Oh that didn't sound right. :shhh:

aninnymouse

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I grew up in the north so I got the yellow snow thing down. It's the southern liquid rain I have an issue with. :redface:

Oh also learned very young. Never put your tongue on a steel post in the winter. Oh that didn't sound right. :shhh:

Eah. I Triple Dog DARE ya!

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

You know what else can do that? Water. Vinegar. Alcohol. Soy Sauce. Tomato paste. Orange juice.

Scary, huh?

The good news is, our insides aren't made out of rusty metal.

D_Kitten_Kaboodle

Account Disabled
Media

Eah. I Triple Dog DARE ya!

:arms: You two have now given away your true identities :rofl:

can I please have your autographs? right here>>> :bukkake2: :tongue: