Among the Most Ironic Phrases Ever Uttered

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
DC_DEEP said:
I'm beginning to think that BD is really Ann Coulter's alter ego.

Oooooh, you brought my GURL into this! I LOOOOoooooooove Ann Coulter! She's hot, with those peircing green eyes, and those trashy mini skirts, and all that peroxided hair... DAMN, i need a cold shower!

By the way, I think Sklar may be an Ann clone too, did you see what he said? "National Organization of Women" is in itself an ironic phrase... Sure sounds like something my GURL would say.

Sklar

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
joyboytoy79 said:
By the way, I think Sklar may be an Ann clone too, did you see what he said? "National Organization of Women" is in itself an ironic phrase... Sure sounds like something my GURL would say.

Nope, not an Ann Clone. She get's WAY to rabid for my tastes.

Although I do have to admit she is hot and sexy in a dominatrix kind of way.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Nitrofiend said:
That has to be my favorite one, since it's patently stupid. IQ's are pretty constant throughout your life, it's a predetermined part of you and measures your mental capacity. Secondly, I like how it implies that if you heard any other viewpoint other than what you would hear on that station, it would enrage you. I've never before actually seen or heard a serious slogan encouraging narrowmindedness...wow. They're really preachin' to the choir there, aren't they?

That one was funny to me for two reasons. One, my father's blood pressure clearly is raised every time he listens to WMAL and hears about the evil liberals who want to destroy us all. He starts snorting (it's a nervous twitch) and becomes clearly agitated. and Two, it's actually been tested before that people who watch Fox News have lower IQs on average. More intelligent people tend to get their news from Comedy Central or from international news sources on the internet.

For those two points I thought the statement was highly ironic.

Hatched69

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
What?!?! No fan base for Greta Van Susteren? AKA "She who speaks out of one side of mouth"... (I mean, WATCH her speak sometime) :redface:
Nice gal, but kinda strange.... Perhaps another closet dominatrix..?:tongue:

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Hatched69 said:
What?!?! No fan base for Greta Van Susteren? AKA "She who speaks out of one side of mouth"... (I mean, WATCH her speak sometime) :redface:
Nice gal, but kinda strange.... Perhaps another closet dominatrix..?:tongue:

Are you calling her facetious or making fun of her partial facial droop?

Hatched69

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
NineInchCock_160IQ said:
Are you calling her facetious or making fun of her partial facial droop?

Oh, she's no fake!! Fine reporter/correspondent, she is!! I personally (this is MY opinion, no need to attack me for it) just get annoyed after watching her conduct an interview and she starts talking out of one corner of her mouth. I'm not attacking her, just simply a "piccadillo". But, she's got a great smile and an unassuming personality that would light up a graveyard at midnight. :biggrin1:

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Sklar said:
As long as we can include Liberal Left in this, I can agree with that.

I'll even go you one better, Madame Z, just to show I don't have any political bias:

Moral Majority

Friendly Fire

Military Intelligence

Air America

It Takes A Village

Dennis Miller on Monday Night Football

I did not have sex with that woman

Hillary For President

Oprah For President

National Organization of Woman (National Organization for Women)

Independant Thinkers (Independent Thinkers)

Anything John Kerry says

Freedom of Speech

Bill of Rights

In God We Trust (all others pay cash)
Sorry, I just could NOT resist.

NIC, thanks for confirming that the Rushers actually DO foam at the mouth when they hear the word "liberal".

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
Colbert rocks! He illuminates my preconceptions while simultaneously pointing out their absurdity.

There's nothing better than having someone make me realize that as smart as I sometimes think I am I'm still just a dumbass like everyone else.

ceg1526

Experimental Member
Media
big dirigible said:
..no sillier than the famous one for the venerable NY Times, "All the News That's Fit to Print"...
I prefer the Rolling Stone Magazine "All the News that Fits"

Take care

Ceg

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The message of Islam is only slightly less benevolent than the message of Christianity. Again, it's the lunatic fringe that have perverted and twisted it to make it a tool of hatred.

By the way, Shelby, please tell me: for how long has it been legal, in the United States, for homosexuals to have sex?

I still have my reasons for not being a follower of ANY religion.

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
Probably not all that long, especially in more rural areas.

But I think it's probably been awhile since they've been executed by the gov't here.

Let's rehash. Here gay marriage is being debated. Some of our leaders support the idea, some don't. In six countries there gays are executed under existing law (not the lunatic fringe). Countless others invoke harsh penalties.

Slightly less benevolent indeed.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Shelby said:
Probably not all that long, especially in more rural areas.

But I think it's probably been awhile since they've been executed by the gov't here.

Let's rehash. Here gay marriage is being debated. Some of our leaders support the idea, some don't. In six countries there gays are executed under existing law (not the lunatic fringe). Countless others invoke harsh penalties.

Slightly less benevolent indeed.

There is nothing that says the violent minority of any group cannot overtake a government. Attempts are ongoing here. Just because that is the official government policy, that does not mean that the religion is to blame... just some idiots' interpretation of it.

Governments all over this country do not perhaps have death penalty for homosexuality as the policy. But it often is viewed as a mitigating factor in murder trials. The "gay panic" defense doesn't always work, but it doesn't always "not work", either. For lawyers to even convince or allow their clients to claim a "gay panic defense" says volumes, in my humblest of opinions.

And just for the record, Lawrence v. Texas notwithstanding, most of the 50 US still maintain laws that designate any homosexual activities as felony offenses. No, not the death penalty (in most cases) but still criminal. And it is not because of the moderate, accepting christians, either - its the hard-core misguided fundies that support these laws.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Back on topic... one of my favorite idiotic and ironic phrases is

"Liberals hate America."

Anyone know where that one came from? 5 point bonus if you get it right!

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
DC_DEEP said:
There is nothing that says the violent minority of any group cannot overtake a government. Attempts are ongoing here. Just because that is the official government policy, that does not mean that the religion is to blame... just some idiots' interpretation of it.
oh COME ON, DC... I agree with some of your points, but the idea that they MAY at some point start government-condoned legal executions of homosexuals in the USA? Or that we are anywhere close to that eventuality? That's reaching. Really really far.

Also what you cite about anti-sodomy laws is true. But these laws are also almost never enforced except sometimes when they are invoked in the case of rape or child abuse.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
NineInchCock_160IQ said:
oh COME ON, DC... I agree with some of your points, but the idea that they MAY at some point start government-condoned legal executions of homosexuals in the USA? Or that we are anywhere close to that eventuality? That's reaching. Really really far.

Also what you cite about anti-sodomy laws is true. But these laws are also almost never enforced except sometimes when they are invoked in the case of rape or child abuse.
Sorry, Ryan, I may not have made myself very clear. I was not suggesting that we are on the way to executing queers in this country. I was saying that the countries where homosexuality is a capital crime are run by fundamentalist fanatics. I was also saying that fundamentalist fanatics are systematically taking over our government. Again, sorry I didn't make that as clear as I should have. I was pointing out that while execution of homosexuals is not the law in this country, there are many who view homosexuality as a "pretty good excuse for murder." I doubt that will ever be majority view, but it does exist.