Amy Schumer's Ryan Dunn Joke on the Sheen Roast

SuiteNoire

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Yeah, i don't quite think he looked close to tears, but a little hurt at the pointlessness of it.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
worse than the joke, was the cut away to a close up of Steve-O.

randomly - she's not as cute as she thinks she is. or as funny.

tileguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
You can't put things off limits on a roast. As soon as u censor something like that it becomes unfunny. For the record she did NOT make a Ryan Dunn joke. She referenced him but joked about steve-o.

chatterbox2010

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You can't put things off limits on a roast. As soon as u censor something like that it becomes unfunny. For the record she did NOT make a Ryan Dunn joke. She referenced him but joked about steve-o.

i do see your point...but i just feel like it may have gone a little far to mention his name and associate death with it when its only been a couple months since it happened. But as far as censoring jokes on a roast...i def. see your point. Like one of the people commented above, I think the worst part was the cut to Steve-O's face. I'm not sure it would have made as big of an impact had they not shown his facial expression...You have to admit, that cuts pretty deep. Being the son of a Funeral Director, I've seen death and its affects on people (and probably look at it at maybe a different view point from most) but its obvious that you have to respect the feelings of the people associated with the person who has passed. Of course, everyone knows things heal with time, but two months to "make a joke" or even reference someone in a joke that he was extremely close to was in my opinion too much. sorry to get off on a soapbox, i just feel pretty strongly about it.

D_Sharon Taint

Account Disabled
Media
The first time I heard her was on the O&A show and I've always been a bit wishy washy on my opinion since. She's OK for a giggle, but def. not someone to put me into hysterics, and her content in that video is a pretty good example of why.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Comedy roasts are shit anyway. People cracking jokes at a host and the host returns a crack at everyone else. I don't get that.

Charlie probably got paid A LOT of munny just to be there.

TexasC0wb0y

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
She's ugly, stupid, and not funny. I get it wasn't a joke about Ryan, but it wasn't really a joke at all. Who knows, this roast might have been setup before Ryan passed and Steve still agreed to do it. Make fun of Charlie or Steve-O himself without bringing up Ryan. It isn't hard for a good comic to do. But then again look who did it

B_Nia88

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Very funny Joke. You don't go to a roast and think the jokes will be tame. Don't watch roasts if you are easily offended.

Last edited:

chatterbox2010

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
to the people who are spouting off about being offended by jokes on a roast:

It is not the fact that i'm offended by a joke said on a roast...what i'm offended by is the fact that some comedian thought it might be funny to bring up the death of steve-o's friend and joke around it. she said "Steve-O! But I'm truly sorry for the loss of your friend, Ryan Dunn. I know you must have been thinking 'It could have been me.' I know we were all thinking, why wasn't it?," Clearly its not "about ryan dunn" but it brought up his death and kinda poked fun at it a little. So i'm not offended by roasts, because i'd say my humor style is pretty foul..its that what she said was just in bad taste.

Endued

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm only really offended by how shit a joke it is. I mean, really: 'We wish you'd been killed instead!!! Ha ha!!!'? Seriously, I don't think it even contains enough wit to be considered a joke, let alone be a good one.

I now know this (shit) comedienne's name though, so I guess she's done what she intended.