Amy Winehouse has Emphysema at 24?

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wow,

I heard this on CNN last night. Her father allegedly reported that she has developed Emphysema because of her extreme use of tobacco and drugs and that she now has a 70% lung capacity. What a total and absolute waste of talent...

alex8.5

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Addictions are so brutal, and I empathize will all those who are battling them. My prayers are with Amy, and I hope someday soon she will be able to overcome her dilibating illness. Before it's too late.

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Im a huge Amy fan. Its tragic whats happening to her. Ive written all this on another thread but she needs to be taken control of & forced to get help. She wont do it on her own. I saw an interview from a few years ago where she looked voluptous, healthy & very pretty. She was talking about all the greats of soul music; she really knows her stuff. Hopefully this diagnosis will shock her into getting proper treatment. In the meantime she needs to cancel her live performances because she's clearly not up to it right now. Its disgraceful that people are booking her knowing she can't give the fans a decent show.

fgeorgio

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wouldnt really call her a beautiful woman...You cant feel sorry for people who harm themselves.Had she contracted a respiratory disease because of bad working conditions she would have my sympathy,but -it might sound self-righteous-how can you extend it to junkies,or alcoholics and other bad elements of society?

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wouldnt really call her a beautiful woman...You cant feel sorry for people who harm themselves.Had she contracted a respiratory disease because of bad working conditions she would have my sympathy,but -it might sound self-righteous-how can you extend it to junkies,or alcoholics and other bad elements of society?

fgeorgio,

Life is short and eternity is a long time. We each may need a bit of compassion at some point in our lives. It doesnt really matter if someone has made bad choices when they are found in a sad state they need compassion whether you feel they deserve it or not. May your life be trouble free...

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wouldnt really call her a beautiful woman...

!?!

Are you blind!?!

http://thegirlfromtheghetto.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/amy.jpg

Am I blind? :tongue:

I find it hard to sympathise with her also. She brought it on herself. She is old enough to know better. Maybe bad parenting or getting in with a bad crowd has got her in this bad situation.

Maybe now she'll calm down. But what I don't understand is why celebrities don't go to prison when if a 'civilian' commited the same crime, they'd be in prison faster than you can say "pick the soap up". Amy should have been in prison before now. As should Pete Doherty.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
!?!

Are you blind!?!

http://thegirlfromtheghetto.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/amy.jpg

Am I blind? :tongue:

I find it hard to sympathise with her also. She brought it on herself. She is old enough to know better. Maybe bad parenting or getting in with a bad crowd has got her in this bad situation.

Maybe now she'll calm down. But what I don't understand is why celebrities don't go to prison when if a 'civilian' commited the same crime, they'd be in prison faster than you can say "pick the soap up". Amy should have been in prison before now. As should Pete Doherty.

Sweets, I can see my previous post was lost on you...

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media

Bad elements of society? What makes you think that all people who self-harm are bad elements of society?

I think the people who turn their own pain in on themselves rather than channeling out in the form of violence and abuse of others are worthy of sympathy. Certainly their actions can hurt others too, but it is a more passive hurt than caused by the angry yob who expresses his frustration at poverty and lack of opportunity by going out and kicking someone's head in on a Saturday night.

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

It sounds self righteous coz it is self righteous. There are a million reasons why people turn to drug/alcohol abuse. Once you're hooked then your choices are snatched away because all that matters is your next hit. I pity your lack of sympathy. Why can't you stop being judgemental for 2 seconds & just wish her well? Your final remark about bad elements of society kinda gave you away me thinks.

fgeorgio

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Everybody indulges in something,food,alcohol,cigarettes.But they are legal.Also you control your habits,not the other way round.Thank you for your wish naughty,if it is something i am not responsible for(eg cancer,leukaemia,lupus-for those who watch House M.D.-or being crippled from an accident)i'd like some sympathy,but if it is something i brought on myself then i would like people to make me know it is not ok and it is my fault.

B_JasonDawgxxx

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
If she doesnt want help she can be put in rehab for months, come out and go right back to the pipe.Forcing someone into a treatment program is useless.Untill SHE wants help,nothing or nobody can help her.

Remember she sang.I said I dont wanna go to rehab,I said no no no!!