Amy Winehouse has Emphysema at 24?

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Having pity on someone is one thing, but when they do things that put other people in danger around them time and time again, nope sorry, no sympathy and I look at it as thinning the herd. Everyone feels bad for them, until they are DUI and run down a family walking along the sidewalk.

With all due respect, Amy hasn't run down any families. Addiction isn't always as simple as someone waking up and going "Hey, I'll start a crack habit today." Again, some addicts face adversities in their life we can't imagine because our own are so comfortable that we assume everyone lives as comfortably. That doesn't condone the addiction, but I'd imagine there are hundreds if not thousands of addicts who wouldn't be if they hadn't experienced whatever it is that pushed them over the edge. It's a lot easier to just be mad at them and judge and condemn them, that's lazy. When you take the time to take into account their past, their present, and their personality and weaknesses, you'll find that there are more aspects to be considered.

D_Marazion Analdouche

Experimental Member
Media
With all due respect, Amy hasn't run down any families. Addiction isn't always as simple as someone waking up and going "Hey, I'll start a crack habit today." Again, some addicts face adversities in their life we can't imagine because our own are so comfortable that we assume everyone lives as comfortably. That doesn't condone the addiction, but I'd imagine there are hundreds if not thousands of addicts who wouldn't be if they hadn't experienced whatever it is that pushed them over the edge. It's a lot easier to just be mad at them and judge and condemn them, that's lazy. When you take the time to take into account their past, their present, and their personality and weaknesses, you'll find that there are more aspects to be considered.

That's the key word....."yet".

And you're assuming that I've never had an issue with a substance. So don't mind me if I disregard your opinion of how to base mine. My life has been far from comfortable, sorry, still don't have sympathy. Not to mention it's not news worthy that she's sick. I'm beyond tired of Celebs getting headlines for nothing that real people have issues with daily.

Nope no sympathy.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
When you take the time to take into account the addicts' past, their present, and their personality and weaknesses, you'll find that there are more aspects to be considered.

Of course.
And then, there's a great range of how 'addictable' we all are, just in physical terms.
I can drink all I want or smoke all I want, and often have (though not so much lately), but I've never gotten hooked on anything, not in the slightest.
On the other hand, my father and his father were alcoholics.
(My father got complete control of it once he realized that his professional life would collapse if he didn't. He quit when I was born and was thereafter able to keep alcohol in the house, strictly for guests, but never took a single drink in all the years I knew him.)

What bothers me about Wartrac's post is that I think he's being not only callous, as he half admits, to addicts ... but callous also to himself.
I think we have to harden ourselves a lot not to feel a natural compassion for anyone whose life is going down the tubes for any reason.
That doesn't mean we have to be sob sisters.
Compassion is not something we should dwell on or inflate.
But we begin with it naturally a piece of our beings, and when we're almost proud of squelching it, something's out of kilter.
Very common ... I'm sure I do this, too.

I'm beyond tired of Celebs getting headlines for nothing that real people have issues with daily.

Fine. But Wartrac, that's the fault of the public and the media ... not the celebrities.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
^True, even putting compassion aside, some of the comments said about Amy are entirely presumptuous, and will be called out as such. Some of the things being said about addicts are disrespectful and will be called out as such. Mario Lopez is sexy as fuck and he will be called out as such. Whoops, wrong thread!!!

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What ever happened to self-control. Yea I feel somewhat sorry for her. But at the same time she made the conscious choice to get "cracked out" as some will so eloquently put it.

Seriously , you've got to be a fool to see what "hard drugs" and cigarettes do to people , and still decide to do it yourself. It's not like she didn't know crack/cocaine and tobacco might not be to good for her lungs. Especially someone who's a singer.

The only part that actually gets to me is that fact that it's an amazing gift that she's pissing away.

She use to be sexy too , when she weighed more than 90 pounds.

Last edited:

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Right now I think she's her own worst enemy, and, being a cynic I think she courts attention, at least to some degree although perhaps that's in part involuntary. I wish her well, but I also wish she would get herself together and get out of the [gutter] press. She clearly has access to resources that others in similar or worse situations don't, so my level of 'sympathy' toward her is tempered accordingly.

Perhaps this sounds harsh, but in the same way Amy got herself into the situation in which she now finds herself, only Amy can extricate herself from it. Personal responsibilty is exactly that, and 'celebrity' status doesn't mitigate it, she isn't a victim, she's [apparently] an addict.

Regardless, she will almost certainly need help, but it seems to me that any help must be requested not imposed, to be effective long term anyway.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Seriously , you've got to be a fool to see what "hard drugs" and cigarettes do to people , and still decide to do it yourself. It's not like she didn't know crack/cocaine and tobacco might not be to good for her lungs.

Murder is wrong but people still do it. Humans. Go figure.

HamYai

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
She has a gift.

Many here and elsewhere admire it and would crave it for themselves.

She wastes it.

If she dies from her self-abuse, I hope it's not too comfortable for her.

Maybe others will think twice about following her lead.:mad:

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
amy is an adult and she's responsible for her own actions. i do sympathize with her because she's so young and she's close to my age. however, she should be mature enough to understand the situation she got herself into.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I could have told you she had it just by listening to her. Sheesh.

I do feel bad for her, though. My grandfather had it, and that is a disease that will kill you slowly and painfully. Not fun.

How do you tell someone has emphysema by their voice? I'm really curious, not doubting you.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It was my facetious way of mocking the tone of her voice. Sarcasm doesn't go over well on the internet sometimes. :frown1:

No, it sorta made sense because she has an unusually low voice for a female and there are raspy undertones to it, people tell me it sounds like I smoke when I sing. "Hearing" emphysema isn't far-fetched (it probably does happen), a smiley or wink woulda let me know u were yankin my chain.

HamYai

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
If you could tell, Rod Stewart and Bonnie Tyler would have been dead years ago.

Even Sachmo lasted a good deal longer than his alotted three score years and ten.

WifeOfBath

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I hear current soul musicians like Sharon Jones who are much better vocalists than Amy Winehouse and wonder why she's considered such an incredible talent except for the fact that she's a skinny white girl with good marketing and a good producer.

This is Sharon Jones with the band she works with, The Dap-Kings, who backed Amy Winehouse on Back to Black.

YouTube - Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings "100 Days, 100 Nights"