Amy Winehouse punches fan while singing???

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
She is definately very talented. And I fully understand why someone would want to listen to her. I don't have a problem with her at all (and it really wouldn't matter if I did).

But I can't buy the notion that no one is original. Maybe if your view her through the paradigm of Usher and Britey Spears , then yea , no one is original. But there is a myriad of musical acts out there. She however , is exactly what you said , a throwback , a presentation of something already established. Yea , she's amazing , but not original.

People seem to dwell on the fact that there are several shitty acts today. Well guess what , there have always been shitty acts. The present day is no different.

I'm not trying to doubt her talent or hate on her fame. I'm simply stating what I see.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
People seem to dwell on the fact that there are several shitty acts today. Well guess what , there have always been shitty acts. The present day is no different.

That's true. But it does seem to be a lot more these days then before.

Even if we go back to the first part of the 90s, music that invaded the airwaves wasn't programmed or geared just for a 16-24 year old demographic. When I grew up in the 70s & 80s, there was a wide variety of acts and different styles that catered to more than the youth market. These days, thanks to middle management and supposed market researchers, most record labels have latched onto one of three formulated styles: Hip-Hop, Pop Diva or Rock Heart Throb, and has flooded the market with several carbon copies of the same artist or group. It first started with MTV, and as it grew in popularity its message started to run through FM Radio and other corporately owned music conglomerates. Look at the Billboard charts of today and see what I mean: Billboard Hot 100 Music Charts -Most Trusted Music Charts in the Industry

Amy Winehouse is one of the few people that doesn't fit the typical mold of today's popular music, even though what she's doing isn't 100% original at all. But it is a breath of fresh air from all of the other stuff.

EboniGoddess

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Perhaps if you read something other than grocery store Tabloids... duh!

:eek: You are really creepy, perhaps you might gain some humanity by reading George Orwell.

Here, here, VB!... Rommette, are you equally judgmental towards Billie Holiday, Bessie Smith, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Patti Smith... The Beatles, even?... Nah, 'cause you need someone current to gossip about.

Do you obsess on Vincent van Gogh's mental health issues, instead of
appreciating his work?

And you over-40 queens posting here, I'll bet money that Judy Garland, Barry Manilow and Bette Midler are in your Top Ten Play Lists!

What's REALLY up with your campaign against Amy Winehouse?

Listening to her, right now... done with this thread... Onan

Perhaps you can show me a something recent (within the last year) that wasn't from the tabliods??
oh wait: YouTube - Amy Winehouse BRIT awards 2008 t5m (she digs in her bra while on tv?), YouTube - Amy Winehouse - londen 46664 live (Nelson Mandela) 27-6-08 (why does she always pull on her dresses?)

Don't like billie holiday, who's bessie smith?, jimmie hendrix is only worthy of my walmart t-shirt, the others and the beatles suck, so does elvis. Vincent van Gogh is who? If it ain't after the 80's or doowop before the 80's I don't listen to the music.

Hope these non tabliod videos help:rolleyes:

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Rommette, when are you gonna grasp the fact that Amy just isnt thinking straight at the moment? I remember we had this discussion way back in another thread you started about her. If you want to judge the real Amy then you need to go back a few years pre-crack. Crack turns you into a selfish monster. I thought you started these threads in support of her but now you seem to have turned on her. Pick a side & stick with it, girl.

I bet some idiot will now call her a tramp...:wink:

She could have been a good little churchgoing girl once for all any of us know, but now she's a drugged up crack whore. Chances are even if she can get off the drugs - assuming she ever gets round to wanting to - she'll never go back to what she was before she started using.

EboniGoddess

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Once again Amy Winehouse has been physical with someone else. This time its her SECURITY GUARD! If you all know the security was put outside Amy's house 24/7 by her record label to stop unwanted people like Pete from getting in. In order for someone to get in she must tell them in advance and even then they must be approved. Seems like the little thing her record label did do isn't working. Her parents intervened, the label did somewhat and she's still crazy. Why is she assulting the people who are trying to help her. Why is she hitting people suddenly? Maybe she's taking Blake out on them.

Amy Winehouse lashes out at own security guard - Mirror.co.uk

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You say you've had addicts in your family so this behavior can't be that surprising to you. I've had addicts in my family as well so we can agree that rational, normal behavior should not be expected from someone who's doped up. I'm not justifying it or saying that all people become like this, but the more drugged someone is, the less surprised I am by erratic behavior.

Considering how addicted this girl is, is it really that surprising that she's behaving this way?

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Rommette, you need to write a gossip column. Your obsessed with the little dramas of the rich & famous! How about Rommettes Juicy Titbits for a title?

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Well isn't tis threada bout the "little dramas about the rich and famour" ?

Quite. She's done other similar threads too, hence my suggestion. What annoys me about her is that she keeps zooming in on these little dramas rather than looking at the whole picture. Amy is a physical & mental wreck at the moment; these incidences are merely symptoms of that. Drugs make you twitchy & paranoid as it is but in Amys case she has the paparazzi hounding her 24/7, no doubt baiting her just to get another "Amy goes crazy" shot for the front covers. If you corner a wounded animal it will lash out, simple as that.

EboniGoddess

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think we've already established that Amy is a wreck at the moment. Even I'll say that! As far as the similar threads. I only remember writing one other thread about Amy. This is the Et Cetera part of the forum therefor all types of gossip is allowed. As far as the paps being around her 24/7 she asked to be a singer and when you become a star you must take all that comes with it. If she doesn't like it maybe she shouldn't make any more albums. Also what about other singers who are well known and don't lash out (hence Rihanna, Beyonce, Leona Lewis, ect)????? I'd sure like to see them punch their fans!