Amy Winehouse

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I might be late to the table...
I had only heard Amy's song Rehab and loved it. That was like 2 years ago. Somehow I never got to the whole cd. After the first listen I think I was frozen w/excitement. I couldn't understand why I waited so long. And after endless playing of the cd w/each spin I get more depressed about how much more she could have done. She's Billie Holiday and Dusty Springfield and yet she's totally original.
I cannot stop playing this cd now.

Her kinda "rehab" of 60s soul was rehabed very well in the early 80's by Mari Wilson another British import, I loved her too and still have all her records on vinyl.

This is just my fast reflection on finding her full cd. I'd like to hear her first cd. It really is sad that she died so young...I'll post the link to her singing w/Tony Benett.
Again I cannot stop listening to her. So sad she;s gone!

Amy and Tony

D_Rosalind Mussell

Sexy Member
Media
I hear you. If you like Back To Black you will surely like Frank. I fell in love with Amy when I first heard Rehab. I bought her album and after my first listen of BTB she became one of my favorite female musicians. Her lyrics are so raw and honest, they still resonate with me to this day. It breaks my heart that she is gone because she was so much more than people make her out to be.

I love the new Bennett/Winehouse duet. She looks/sounds at her best again.
Such a shame she died when it seemed she was finally getting things together.

And yup - her music was brilliant. Again, shame her private life overshadowed it a lot of the time. :(

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
it's never too late to catch up with a brilliant artist. she left an amazing body of work in such a short time. glad you found her. and yes her duet with tony bennet is fantastic.