An Afghan woman's 'choice'

ConanTheBarber

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
A horrendous story.
I believe that the threat would be from her own family.
This all seems so upside-down.
And a nation whose values are so far from our own ... well, we can hardly hope to do nation-building there.

MisterSix

Experimental Member
Media
It's a male dominated society, which itself is often run by a male-dominated religion with little or no regard for women. I'm glad to lived in a Western nation and will take all of the West's many problems over this any day. The only worse places on this planet would be North Korea and Burma (which has been undergoing some change).

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Afghan woman's choice: 12 years in jail or marry her rapist and risk death - CNN.com

Let us be thankful that the United States considers rape a criminal action.

It's sickening. They didn't release the other part of the interview because her life would be in danger AND because they didn't want to make the Afghan justice system look bad?

WHAT JUSTICE? WHAT SYSTEM?

WHAT A FREAKING JOKE!

The things these women are subjected to are unbelievable. Here we can speak out, get help, protection. There is no protection there, even their families forsake them. I don't even know what to say, it just pisses me off and makes me very sad.

B_Nia88

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That story just made me cry. I can't believe the disrespect for women. I just can't believe how the men in these countries fear women's power.