An African-American and/or Female President?

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Obama? No-way, I would choose Hillary if that was my only two choices but being a fiscal conservative neither would see the White House if I had my way.

Now give me a Colin Powell or the ever-lovely Condoleezza Rice and I’m down with that!

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The fact that people CANNOT mention Obama without mentioning his race or Hillary without mentioning her sex speaks volumes about how the world hasn't come very far in terms of racial and sexual equality. In theory, if we were truly equal, their race and sex wouldn't be worthy at all of mention.

EboniGoddess

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Condoleeza Rice? Wouln't vote for her. She at one time was pressuring pres. bush about outlawing affirmative action. I've never gotten into a school because of it but I (like most people) think diversity in colleges and universities is a good thing. The irony is that she went to Univ. of Chicago (a school that is big on affirmative action). Seems like a sellout to me.

Colin Powell is great. I loooove the guy. He knew what they were doing was wrong so thats why is wasn't there for the secong term. He tried to warn them but nobody was listening and he was ignored so he didn't go on board the 2nd term. I'm a democrat but he'd have my vote easily over Obama!

I like Powell very much and, depending on his policies, I'd be enthusiastic to vote for him just based on his intelligence and character alone. The man is a leader.

I like Rice far less. As one of the architects of Iraq and a high-level Bushie, I don't trust her at all.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I like Powell very much and, depending on his policies, I'd be enthusiastic to vote for him just based on his intelligence and character alone. The man is a leader.

I like Rice far less. As one of the architects of Iraq and a high-level Bushie, I don't trust her at all.

Powell sold his very soul during GWB's first term and walked away in disgust. Besides, his wife is unrelenting in her disapproval of any presidential ambitions he may (or may not) have. I agree, though, that he's impressive in terms of character.

It's also worth noting that Powell is pro-affirmative action, which should leave a distinctly sour taste in a conservative's mouth.

Ms Rice was part of the inner circle that changed American foreign policy for the worse when they decided to support "enhanced interrogation techniques" (the precise verbiage in Germany from the early 1930s through the mid-40s, translated of course). Information obtained under torture has no value.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Why does anyone give a sliver of a damn about the president's skin color or genitalia? None of that is important, not in the very least.

The ONLY thing that makes any difference at all is their policies and understanding of the office & its duties.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Why does anyone give a sliver of a damn about the president's skin color or genitalia? None of that is important, not in the very least.

The ONLY thing that makes any difference at all is their policies and understanding of the office & its duties.
Thats a very important point everyone seems to be missing.

D_Marazion Analdouche

Experimental Member
Media
I have voted for Powell as a write in vote for three elections now, this one will be my 4th. People talk about Obama being a good speaker, I had the chance to meet Gen. Powell a long time ago while I was in the Army, very briefly however. And let's just say he would blow Obama away plus he has so many various experiences, Obama couldn't stand close to him.

I respect him even more for leaving the Bush Administration. We need someone that will stand up and not be intimidated. I don't think Obama or McCain is that person.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The fact that people CANNOT mention Obama without mentioning his race or Hillary without mentioning her sex speaks volumes about how the world hasn't come very far in terms of racial and sexual equality. In theory, if we were truly equal, their race and sex wouldn't be worthy at all of mention.

it comes from both sides

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have voted for Powell as a write in vote for three elections now, this one will be my 4th. People talk about Obama being a good speaker, I had the chance to meet Gen. Powell a long time ago while I was in the Army, very briefly however. And let's just say he would blow Obama away plus he has so many various experiences, Obama couldn't stand close to him.

I respect him even more for leaving the Bush Administration. We need someone that will stand up and not be intimidated. I don't think Obama or McCain is that person.

i have seen mr powell on a few occasssions and have had the personal opportunity to ask him to run....

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Thats a very important point everyone seems to be missing.

Oh, no, D...a lot of us get it innately. So much so, that we wouldn't bother with asinine discussions that center around any idea to the contrary. Think of us as a silent majority that the OP and his ilk don't even come close to representing.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Oh, no, D...a lot of us get it innately. So much so, that we wouldn't bother with asinine discussions that center around any idea to the contrary. Think of us as a silent majority that the OP and his ilk don't even come close to representing.
Oh i know. I just agreed with D.C about republican or Democrat it shouldnt matter what the color or the sex of the candidate is. I know you and others get it. Some really dont. Its sad.

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Condoleeza Rice? Wouln't vote for her. She at one time was pressuring pres. bush about outlawing affirmative action. I've never gotten into a school because of it but I (like most people) think diversity in colleges and universities is a good thing. The irony is that she went to Univ. of Chicago (a school that is big on affirmative action). Seems like a sellout to me.

Where are you getting that from? This is the Condoleezza Rice I know ...

CNN.com - Rice says race can be 'one factor' in considering admissions - Jan. 18, 2003

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

First we gotta remember women’s and minority rights are a very recent development in the grand scheme of things history-wise. It’s not like the religious wacko’s like the Christians gave up their alleged god-given rights for a white male dominated society easily and many still don’t get it.

That, and the media which is 95+% liberal controlled can’t mention this election without mentioning Obama is a minority and Hillary is a woman.