An englishman's view on McCain

Discussion in 'Politics' started by B_mitchymo, Sep 4, 2008.

1. B_mitchymo

B_mitchymo New Member

Simply...he looks like the personification of a T-Rex....basically shifty looking with the beadiest eyes and i know you should never judge a book by its cover but lets face it....you don't buy a cook book and find gardening tips on the inside!

If i were american....Obama would have my vote!!!

Go Obama!!!

2. WolvesInTheThroneRoom

Albums:
    My eyes, like an animals, would see in the dark to
  3. WolvesInTheThroneRoom

Albums:
    My eyes, like an animals, would see in the dark to
  4. Qua

Qua
    Gold Member

Albums:
    This...didn't work.

5. B_phe1249

B_phe1249 New Member

I will make you a deal, when there is an election called in the UK, I wont offer my unsolicted opinon, because its not my business and most likely offensive to those who are voting.
    Why do Euros insist in offering opinion on our government??

6. B_mitchymo

B_mitchymo New Member

Oh come on now....i'm entitled to an opinion as much as the next person....just cos it aint going on in my backyard don't mean i'm not qualified to make a comment...and remember, america gets involved in plenty that does not directly concern it.

Don't be a hypocrite!

7. kalipygian

Gold Member

Albums:
    (raspberry) (Whatever an unsolicted opinon is)

8. Smooth88

Smooth88 New Member

Albums:
    As an American I admit..... he's got a damn good point.

9. B_phe1249

B_phe1249 New Member

Nothing about me view is hypocrital. I dont really have an issue with folks from the UK offering mile opinon due to the historic relation between the two nations. I do however have an issue with those from other countys who feel the need to offer their thoughts on our politics. Just look at the responses to these post and youll know what I mean, its tense enough without foreign fuel on the fire.

10. B_mitchymo

B_mitchymo New Member

Forgive me...i would have thought tho that the extra viewpoint from outside the US may enable an insight into the kind of government that those of us who ARE foreign would appreciate in US leadership....for the most part...it aint republicans!....If that offends anyone, thats not the intention....it is simply a viewpoint

11. faceking

faceking Well-Known Member

Albums:

And that's all it is ... is a comment from abroad. About eyes and dinosaur features.... and here I thought the Brits were fucking educated on affairs n' such. Right Right.

Thanks mate. Carry on.

12. B_phe1249

B_phe1249 New Member

I second that!

13. B_mitchymo

B_mitchymo New Member

It was a crude way of putting across that he has an untrustworthy air about him....if your republican i can understand your being riled...if your not then i can only assume your a xenophobe....stop trying to snub my comment or ridicule it but instead ignore it if it really means nothing.

Or perhaps you may be actually curious as to why outsiders have such a strong wanting to see a democrat in power!

14. Principessa

Gold Member

15. B_phe1249

B_phe1249 New Member

16. CurEousCat

CurEousCat New Member

I think it is important for us to take the opinions into account of other nations around the world. The world will be working with our future president, and if they are satified with who we chose to represent ourselves then maybe the would look better upon us as a nation. Michymo has a right to his opinion just like all of us. I truly appreciate his opinion and hopefully people will be smart about their choices come election time. It is scary that many people are going to make poor decisions when it is crutial for out country to try to come back and be a strong nation. It's hard to see how mistrusted and looked down upon from others because of who we have had as our leader for the past 8 years.. When I travel abroad at times it is scary to even say I'm an America. Shouldn't I be proud to be one, not terrified that we have gone so backwards with other nations? Think hard and wise about your decisions come election time. If one closes their eyes and isn't able to see what the people look like and listens to what the nominees represent, then maybe we could one day again be a strong country.

17. earllogjam

Gold Member

Most Americans, being Americans, could care less about what the world thinks of them or their politicians. Hell, most would be hard pressed to name a current leader of another country. Who's the president of Canada? Is it Prime Minister there or President? Who cares.
    Mexico? Where is that exactly?

Chalk one up for the great American educational system - the saviour of democracy.

18. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    I, for one, am always interested in hearing the opinions of foreigners on American politics, whether or not I agree with them. I find them instructive.

#18 B_Nick8, Sep 5, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2008
  19. adam1177

adam1177 New Member

Yes, instructive indeed. I never knew McCain's eyes were beady until this gentleman from the UK pointed it out. Astute observation, and definitely puts the election in a new light for me.

To me, the opinions of foreigners really are irrelevant, no offense intended. They can't possibly know the intricacies of our government, the culture of the various areas of the US and how those candidates play there, etc.

I certainly don't claim to know anything more about Gordon Brown and Labour in the UK than this guy...I even watch Prime Minister's Questions on CSPAN occasionally when they come on here in the US, but again, it's not my place to comment on their government.

Americans - Fire away with your opinions and thoughts in support of whatever candidate you choose. It's the right that our forefathers fought (the UK!) for. Just make it a civil discourse. No name calling. Research things beyond the headlines you read. Make sure you have the right context on things. Be certain of your facts.

20. eddyabs

Gold Member

Albums:
    Once a King or Queen of England njqt darling, a King or Queen they will remain for life...unless of course there is a crisis of abdication, or as was rather popular in mediaeval times, a nice murder.....such as Edward the Second who was rather tastefully jousted in his boudoir with a red hot poker up his chocolate starfish!

Draft saved Draft deleted