1. Welcome To LPSG
    Welcome to LPSG.com. If you are here because you are looking for the most amazing open-minded fun-spirited sexy adult community then you have found the right place. We also happen to have some of the sexiest members you'll ever meet. Signup below and come join us.

An explanation of bannings

Discussion in 'Announcements, Questions, Sharing Ideas' started by Kotchanski, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Kotchanski

Kotchanski Active Member

Albums:
    Bannings

There are many reasons bans happen, and we can't keep everyone happy. We will not going into details for each and every ban that occurs, it would be unfair to do so especially considering those only banned for a week should be allowed to return without a post tarring their future here at LPSG.

Reasons for bannings

Persistant harrasment of other members - this can take the form of forum posts, gallery posts, PMs or chat. Use of "ignore" is recommended when you find yourself the target of someone like this, however where the person is targetting a selection of members this becomes less of an option.

Multiple accounts - we are all aware that members from time to time change their names, give up old accounts in favor of new ones and such. Providing this is done "in the open" then there is no problem (as long as they don't use both) however, if a member was to start a new account, start joining threads they were in under their previous account, respond to their other posts, use both accounts, use either account to cause disruption on the boards, or swap accounts "secretly" without at the very least informing the mods so we can be "in the picture" and advice them on what needs doing, then this is more of a problem, it goes against the ToS.

Spamming - again this comes in many forms, advertising your own pay for sites, trying to make money through posts on this forum, multiple threads for the same purpose, multiple posts for the same purpose, only posting to cause disruption and upset.

Underage - this includes the member being under 18, posting images of when you were under 18, posting images of others who are under 18, posting stories/comments which are considered to be sensualising sexual activies of those under 18, asking for images/stories of those under 18.

Lying about your DOB - if you join saying you were born on May 17th 1983, but it later turns out that you've claimed something else somewhere, then we can't possibly be expected to take your word on either. This is a typical slip up of many a minor banned.

Rejoining with a new account while banned - self explanitory really. If you were banned for a week, and want to argue it out, email someone, get someone else to email/PM someone, do not rejoin under a new account and carry on as if nothing ever happened.

Disruptive behaviour (persistant) - if you have 50 posts, 49 of which are nothing but hate filled attacks on other members, or 49 posts geared to disrupt the board, then it will be viewed as trolling (as well as falling into disruptive/harrasing bahaviour)

Anyway, I think I've covered it all. It is never clear cut when banning someone, and we do talk about it at length before doing it (unless its commercial spam or underaged members) we take into account to a degree, the posters full history here. Someone with 1234 good, harmless posts losing his temper once, isn't going to be viewed the same as someone with 50 posts, 49 of which are him losing his temper and attacking people.

Most of the above would only result in a ban after a warning has been sent and ignored, this ofc doesn't apply to accounts made to get around bans, commercial spammers and the underaged.

2. Kotchanski

Kotchanski Active Member

Albums:
    I've started a new thread and copied Freddie53's post here for consistancy

3. ManlyBanisters

sorry -taking response to PM - I think shouldn't reply in helpdesk - apologies

4. Kotchanski

Kotchanski Active Member

Albums:
    Multiple accounts are always considered a no no, the only purpose they serve is to allow people to post as a more "unknown" character, they are hiding who you are. We can't stop all fakers, as much as I wish we could, but in the situation you gave in your other thread, it would be clear that there were 2 accounts, and that one was being used to "trick" others into thinking something which isn't true. It doesn't matter if that takes the form of leading people to believe you are male when you aren't or leading people to believe you aren't ManlyBanister when you are, you are (in the situation) trying to mislead people by use of 2 accounts.

5. biguy2738

biguy2738 Member

Albums:
    Sorry Kotchanski, I think it may be wise to respond via PM...hope it doesn't give you even MORE work.

6. Mr. Snakey

Mr. Snakey Active Member

I think posting the rules is a good thing to do every once and a while. The rules seem easy to understand and i have no problem with them at all. Now others do . That is a simple fact. I sure wish the ones who cant follow the the TOS would just go away and get a life. :cool:

7. Lex

Lex Active Member

It really doesn't matter how many times you explain it, some will bitch and moan.

If someone you like breaks the rules and gets banned, communicate with them via the million OTHER ways to do so: IM, email, phone, other websires, etc.

That is how I stay in touch with some who are no longer here (whom I liked).

8. SpoiledPrincess

SpoiledPrincess Active Member

I think users should be allowed to have more than one account, there are genuine reasons for it in some cases, for instance, I was on a similar site to this but it was a larger site and the chat room was much much busier, any women on there with photos were constantly subjected to pm's from guys - as many as 100 an hour, and often when these were ignored or rejected we were subjected to verbal abuse. I, like many others on there, made two accounts, one on which I posted photos, the other on which I chatted, this really helped solve the problem of guys pestering me just because I was naked. I never used the account for nefarious purposes and the regs and mods were well aware that I and a lot of other people did this.

9. Kotchanski

Kotchanski Active Member

Albums:
    All well and good, but..

If I were to have 2 accounts, and people weren't aware of it being me on both, then how exactly are the mods and members meant to identify possible abuses of it?

Sure, you'd behave, I'd behave, someone else though might be using one to pose as a woman, another as a man, and while one could become a well loved member of the board, he'd not be held accountable for the actions of the other, because people simply wouldn't know it was him.

Multiple accounts lead to nothing but distrust. Yes I completely understand that there are some very good reasons for having 2 active acounts, but lets face it, there are plenty of reasons for not allowing it too, and they out weigh the good.

10. DaveyR

DaveyR Retired Moderator

Thanks to the Mods for trying be as honest about things as you are able to be without breaching anyone's confidentiality. Once again you are in a damned if you speak up and damned if you shut up situation.

11. B_big dirigible

It's rather difficult to reply directly to Freddie's points - and some of them do merit replies - because some turkey closed that thread.

What's with this recent mania for closings? Have the mods recently gotten religion?

12. Kotchanski

Kotchanski Active Member

Albums:
    People wanted answers and clarification, myself and Freddie both decided (in the middle of posting in one of the other threads) that rather than have all the concerns spread here there and everywhere, we'd start our own thread, with our posts starting it, for members to come forward with their questions, concerns and suggestions.

The other threads were closed because rather than help us all by coming here, people were still posting in the others and ignoring this one, which was started with the sole aim of addressing their issues. Its just to make things easier to find/answer and eventually act on where possible.

If you wish to quote Freddies post quoted above by myself, copy the text and put [ quote=Freddie53 ] and the start and [ /quote ] (both without the spaces, only added so that it stops making it a quote lol) at the end.

13. B_big dirigible

So tell me - why is a banned member's "confidentiality" of any interest at all? And how could it be violated by a simple notification, such as "banned for spamming"? That would answer just about all possible questions and objections by other members. Other offenses are easily noted, such as "underage", "suspected underage", "multiple accounts", etc. How would any of these breach any genuine confidentiality? And if there's any question of that, then why not put those terms in the TOS? (Of course that would only be useful if the TOS showed up on the signup page; a shortcoming which has been mentioned before.)

Short of answers to these obvious questions, it looks like "confidentiality" is just a pile of red herring shoring up the ol' stonewall.

14. B_big dirigible

The trouble is that you are trying to make one thread substitute for four related but clearly distinct threads. It's like trying to watch four different acts of Macbeth with the scenes all jumbled together.

Does anybody really find it that much of a challenge to read four different threads? If so, then maybe it's a good idea. If not, it's the answer to the question nobody asked.

15. Kotchanski

Kotchanski Active Member

Albums:
    I am only human and don't have all the answers, but I'm honestly trying my best to put into words the reasons in my head, but knowing how I feel about something, and knowing how to explain to someone else, isn't as easy as I'd hope.

16. B_big dirigible

What does "held accountable" mean here? He's going to be placed in the stocks, and subjected to the vilification of fishwives on their way to market? Or a flogging, perhaps? Sent to bed without supper? The concept of "accountable" means little on an Internet forum. It is impossible to ban people; you have only the power to ban identities. You can sometimes block IPs, but there are serious technical and practical drawbacks to that recourse.

Given that you can only control identities, and not posters, the solution is clear enough. If you are presented with two identities, one of which is abusive and one of which is not, ban the identity which is abusive, and leave the other alone.

17. Kotchanski

Kotchanski Active Member

Albums:
    The threads started each addressed bannings, the ToS, the mods and how things are dealt with. I'm not saying we aren't able to conduct this over 4 threads, I'm saying it makes things a whole lot easier to have it all here in one place when it comes to collecting it all together and acting on it. Its all well and good for people to post, reply, post, reply, but at the end of the day, we're expected to take all of that and act on it. I'd rather get it all over in one hit than when the time comes, miss a thread and have to go back a second time and revise things.

This thread is an open invitation for complaints, concerns and suggestions from the members.

18. nudeyorker

nudeyorker Well-Liked Member

OK...Rules are rules! But only if the same rules apply to all, not just some! I have to confess I only read the rules todaY!

19. SpoiledPrincess

SpoiledPrincess Active Member

Let's be gentle with the mods, they don't actually have to answer any of our questions and on a good many chat sites the only answer you're likely to get off a mod is 'fuck off you're banned.' I'm not a sucker up but I've been a mod and believe me it isn't all fun and games and I appreciate sites where the mods act like humans not teen mad power trippers.

20. rob_just_rob

rob_just_rob Member

I would like to see a stickied thread entitled "list of the banned". In it, the moderators could post the names of those perma-banned and the reasons therefor.

That would save the rest of us the trouble of trying to figure out who's here and who isn't. I'm not sure if it's possible to have a public thread that only moderators are able to post in, but if that is possible, it would prevent the thread from getting spammed.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice