An fair assessment

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Phil Ayesho, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

2. stratedude

Gold Member

Albums:
    Wow. I have now seen with my very own eyes the very definition of the word 'spin'.

That article was spun as hard as possible and stopped right on the 180 degree mark.

I don't even know what my favorite spin in that article was, but blaming conservative alienation for the universities becoming overwelmingly liberal had me laughing pretty hard. I was THERE. Liberal elite have made a conscious effort many years ago to take over the schools and use them as indoctrination centers. If you want to blame conservatives, blame them for taking so long to recognize this and fight back. Even the title is spin. Accusing conservatives of inciting class warfare? Pot, meet Kettle. Wow.

3. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

All the liberal elite want to do is teach science. Is that too much to ask? :rolleyes:

4. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

Wow- you entirely missed the point...

That was NOT spun. The FACTS are that modern conservatism was an INTELLECTUAL, ELITIST IDea. Born of the business schools and ivy league.

George Will and Bill Buckley were NOT joe six packs.

And, frankly... the real powers in the republican party are not joe sixpacks..
    But in demonizing Liberals they have alienated BOTH the centers of population AND the centers of learning.

And , BTW-
    Schools are LIBERAL because that is what higher EDUCATION actually IS. ITS THEIR JOB to be liberal.
    They are called the Liberal Arts, because they FREE the mind.

Because they embrace NEW ideas in addition to teaching the old ideas.

And , really, stop being so scared of Liberal ideas...

Freedom is a liberal idea ( why they cal it Liberty )

This entire nation was a liberal idea.

The Internet is a liberal idea.

Cowboy up and embrace the idea of liberty...

5. Qua

Qua
    Gold Member

Albums:
    As a student in a top-flight so-called "liberal" institution...there ain't a whole lot of old ideas being so much as mentioned. And when they are it's only as a basis of comparison to show their incorrectness. Not their marginal value and place in intellectual development...their sheer wrongness. Free thinking is not really the modus operandi...it's not plain indoctrination on the school's part, but once you factor in the jeers from the agreeing students it approaches it. The colleges don't destroy liberal thinking themselves, they just provide limited information that makes like-minded students confident enough to shout down any dissent.

6. D_Chocho_Lippz

D_Chocho_Lippz Account Disabled

Holy shit, another thread from Phil trying to empirically prove that conservatives are dumb asses and need to be exterminated.

I'm not even going to bother because the last thread you never responded to me.

+1 for the "It's cool to slam and stereotype conservatives" file!

7. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

After reading thousands of Phil's posts, I've come to realize that conservatives aren't made into idiots; instead they are born into idiocy.

Also, its not a file. Its a landfill.

Draft saved Draft deleted