An idea for a new internet forum

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by ClaireTalon, Oct 30, 2006.

1. ClaireTalon

Gold Member

There are so many likes threads on this board, I think they should have a board of their own.

I don't dislike threads where folks can exchange their likes, like tastes in music, TV, movies, books, shoes, cars, etc, but there have been so many here in past that they just deserve a board of their own. Something like "YouLike", maybe, with matching sub-categories. Would that be a welcome enrichment? There's so much needless stuff around on the net, I think a board that focuses on likes in general, maybe with links to specific case-relevant other boards could be useful to funnel the amount of information.

God, I'm feeling smart today! *YEAH*

2. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think the reason we do this is to learn more about our fellow members on THIS board. We can get an idea of what the world in general likes by following sales trends.

3. GoneA

Gold Member

I think it's a great idea, but what do you mean, exactly? Would "YouLike" be a new section on this board [LPSG], or do you mean creating an entirely new board named "YouLike". I think the former would be a cool new addition to the site, the latter would depend upon how technically inclined someone is.

4. ClaireTalon

Gold Member

My thoughts went to an own internet forum, something like youlike.com. I'm not sure it'd be useful to install a "Likes" subsection here, since these threads I'm talking about are pretty well webbed into the existing structure of the board. It should be structured about the same way as LPSG is, covering technology, culture, style, and subsections such as cars, movies, suits. That's just a rough sketch. And about the "latter option", I'm technically inclined, but not towards the Internet.

5. hypolimnas

hypolimnas Well-Known Member

Popular Products and Sales Trends
    on LPSG Jonah Falcon (me) Thread
    Quote:
    1. Like Alex, he is hiding under his bed, with his hand over his bum, terrified that you might be hunting him down!
    2. So long as Jeff Black and I huddle under the same bed, I'm sure we'll be much happier making our own amusement. Thank you for your continued interest in our product.

Draft saved Draft deleted