An infidelity quiz.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Well, since infidelity seems such a hot topic on this board, here is a quiz.

Infidelity Quiz - Truth About Deception

I am not sure how good it is, but the site itself seems very well researched. I do wonder though that if your are responding about a partner, then it is your knowledge/perception of them to some degree, so I would take the result with a pinch of salt.

I did it on myself, and some may be surprised that I am only a moderate risk for infidelity. But don't ask your sisters :biggrin1:.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Took the quiz... several ways... based upon current and former relationships in which I knew the outcomes ( who cheated, if )

Does not seem to be related at all to reality.
It is based upon correlation stats... no underlying theory involved.

Correlation is not causation...

For example, women who have more means and their own cars are more likely to cheat... that's the stat... but why? Because they have more opportunity? Or less to fear from financial repercussions?

Answering the questions gave me a 52% chance that she will cheat on me?
It gave similar percentages for prior relationships in which I was not cheated on, And gave a similar result for a relationship in which I cheated.

Really? a coin flip?

Based upon the questionnaire, I would guess than a broad mean of results fall in the 40-60% range ( probably 75% of all results ) Which essentially means that it is entirely non-predicitve.

A more sound survey based upon actually valid or tested theories of why people cheat should return a much higher percentage of HIGH and LOW confidence results.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I took the quiz twice, second time changing my answers, it gave a 52% chance both times.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
i took the quiz.. got a moderate chance of infidelity.
after reading the result, and what factors the quiz base your results on... seems like the only way to get a guarantee monogamy is dating the bubble boy/girl.

is faulty. and assumes the worst of ya partner/folks.

Last edited:

moderate is what I expected and moderate it was, for both.

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
It's a no brainer for me and I don't have to even take the test.

I don't do monogamy and I'm quite plainly spoken about it so the whole issue of cheating is redundant.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Correlation is not causation....

I have to agree Phil. A strange one given that the site itself says that infidelity happens randomly given opportunity. i suppose they are saying that the more opportunity, then the more liklihood. I suppose that there is some truth in that, or perhaps it is the same chance every time.

I suppose it is fair that most of us sit in the average risk area, because most often you just can't predict it. I'll see if I can manipulate a high risk for myself given the things they talk about on the site. I managed a 76 - above average risk.

I am concluding that there will be some who will, some who may and some who won't. So that clears that one up.

On the downside, the correlations provide a blueprint for controlling behaviour.

Last edited:

_Jonesy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I got 69 :p Although I only did it for the fun, as I'm currently single I just made it up from a past relationship.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I scored 42% however, it has and will always be 0%.
If I wanted to be with another person while in a committed relationship, my partner would be fully informed. That's just a matter of basic respect, IMO.

It's a no brainer for me and I don't have to even take the test.

I don't do monogamy and I'm quite plainly spoken about it so the whole issue of cheating is redundant.
+1

Although I can happily take part in a monogamous relationship, I would still try to maintain an openness where we could negotiate any changes or create a broader interpretation of fidelity for the relationship.

Last edited: