An issue to do with women

AllHazzardi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Dear ladies of LPSG,

Members or wives, I ask the following of you.

What is the simplest way you can describe your thoughts and analysis of situations? That is to say, the reason for your decisions and attitudes towards organization and planning, the why of what you do. For example, if I'm an individual who always looks to save a dime and still get the same effect(better bang for the buck), I would describe myself as efficient. When I make decisions, my first consideration is to efficiency. My second consideration is enjoyment, and in this relation, I am less willing to sacrifice efficiency to gain enjoyment. If this were reversed, it would result in the reverse, I'm still interested in better bang, but what I consider better bang has changed.

So, what is the simplest way you can describe your attitude or analysis?
Include any believed relevant data such as birth date, location, age, culture, country, descent, religion, or zodiacal sign.

Men are welcome to answer, as always.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You need to write this in plain English, because in it's current form it makes no sense. Better yet, give us an idea as to why you are asking such a weird and convoluted question. Was there a girl whose actions or thinking confused you recently?:confused:

Dear ladies of LPSG,

What is the simplest way you can describe your thoughts and analysis of situations? That is to say, the reason for your decisions and attitudes towards organization and planning, the why of what you do. For example, if I'm an individual who always looks to save a dime and still get the same effect(better bang for the buck), I would describe myself as efficient. When I make decisions, my first consideration is to efficiency. My second consideration is enjoyment, and in this relation, I am less willing to sacrifice efficiency to gain enjoyment. If this were reversed, it would result in the reverse, I'm still interested in better bang, but what I consider better bang has changed.

So, what is the simplest way you can describe your attitude or analysis?
Include any believed relevant data such as birth date, location, age, culture, country, descent, religion, or zodiacal sign.

Men are welcome to answer, as always.

AllHazzardi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Imagine if you will your thinking about a particular point of interest is much like a tree. The roots are what brought that object into its current state, and the trunk, branches, and leaves are the result of that reaction. Each perspective or attitude is much like an individual seed type, growing from an initial starting point. As this pertains to the question, what is the seed for your attitude? Where do you start? When you're in a particular situation or conversation, what state of mind are you in? Do you think first to how something can benefit a group? Perhaps you are more concerned with watching out for yourself? When you are in a confusing situation, what aspect of the problem do you think about first?

Example:

What do I need to do here? (Be this for survival or personal gain)
What's happening here? (Knowledge about what's going on is important for understanding)
Who caused this? (Assignment of activity to creator tells us the inciting incident)
How does this part work? (Deeper investigation into individual details reveals information about lower level operation)
How does this part affect the big picture? (Broader investigation into the "big picture" reveals information about higher level operation)

Just to list a few, and why.

The end goal, as I am phrasing this to the women of the site, is to gather information to form an explanation for the very specifically mentioned "Our brains work differently than yours". We can't understand or explain the difference between male and female base attitude unless we can collect not just relevant data, but paired relevant data from each sample.

The purpose of this is to eventually further understanding within society between males and females, and possibly future use as research data for university work.

The theory is that by collecting a wide spread of personalized information, rather than generalized and averaged information, I can achieve a better idea of the relative skew towards which directions of thought each gender tends to lean in(Towards the center or away from the center), as well as have a base charting mechanism to compare and translate in the most effective way. This final resulting translation method can be used to further liquidate and stabilize situations through providing greater flow of information and general communication.

I hope this has sufficiently shed light on the question.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
[AllHazzardi=QUOTE] The end goal, as I am phrasing this to the women of the site, is to gather information to form an explanation for the very specifically mentioned "Our brains work differently than yours". We can't understand or explain the difference between male and female base attitude unless we can collect not just relevant data, but paired relevant data from each sample.

The purpose of this is to eventually further understanding within society between males and females, and possibly future use as research data for university work.
[/QUOTE] I think there are way too many variables for this to be done in a survey fashion. Not to mention the women of this site are a FAR cry from average. We do not accurately represent the whole of female society.

Now that I think I understand what you mean, it seems to me it may be better if you could do an EEG on a large, random sample of women.

AllHazzardi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Of course, but an EEG, even sufficiently accurate to tell memories, would still be ineffective at capturing the entire concept of an individual's mentality; it might be able to see what you think, but it can't differentiate between what you're thinking about what you're doing and what you're thinking about what you're thinking. Thus, I feel it better to simply ask. My future Doctoral studies, and requisite dissertation, is focused on applying sciences such as Physics through Newton's Law's and Einstein's Relativity, biology through understanding of the contributions of the individual pieces of the living system, and chaos theory through mathematical examination of physics interactions on relative scales.

Now, for those of you who got lots of babble out of that last paragraph, the short version is that the fact there are excessive variables in the gathered data is ideal because excessive variables are the real environment which should be examined, not a sterile and clean one. The advantages to sterile and clean are still there, but information that can be gleaned in a limited situation is then by definition limited, but information that can be gleaned in an unlimited situation is undefined.

The end result is that by understanding variables within a system in their entirety, and applying accurate mathematical and logical principles to the individual pieces, we can examine a situation in both the large scale and the small scale simultaneously and understand it in much greater detail.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i read the first post and my first thought was that you might be aspergers.
of course if you've never been diagnosed as aspergers then you'll think i'm just being an arsehole.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Of course, but an EEG, even sufficiently accurate to tell memories, would still be ineffective at capturing the entire concept of an individual's mentality; it might be able to see what you think, but it can't differentiate between what you're thinking about what you're doing and what you're thinking about what you're thinking. Thus, I feel it better to simply ask. My future Doctoral studies, and requisite dissertation, is focused on applying sciences such as Physics through Newton's Law's and Einstein's Relativity, biology through understanding of the contributions of the individual pieces of the living system, and chaos theory through mathematical examination of physics interactions on relative scales.

Now, for those of you who got lots of babble out of that last paragraph, the short version is that the fact there are excessive variables in the gathered data is ideal because excessive variables are the real environment which should be examined, not a sterile and clean one. The advantages to sterile and clean are still there, but information that can be gleaned in a limited situation is then by definition limited, but information that can be gleaned in an unlimited situation is undefined.

The end result is that by understanding variables within a system in their entirety, and applying accurate mathematical and logical principles to the individual pieces, we can examine a situation in both the large scale and the small scale simultaneously and understand it in much greater detail.

Don't ask me why or how, but I actually understood most of that. :tongue: That said, I still have no clue how to answer your initial questions. :irked: :frown1:

I don't want to imply that women are somehow intellectually deficient (we are NOT); but you may need to change the structure and format of your questions so that more women understand and can give you good, honest baseline data.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i read the first post and my first thought was that you might be aspergers. Of course if you've never been diagnosed as aspergers then you'll think i'm just being an arsehole.
:lmao: I have to be careful when I make diagnoses like that of complete strangers online. Since my cousin was diagnosed I seem to be hyper-sensitive to the markers for Asperger's. :eek:fftopic:

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
:lmao: I have to be careful when I make diagnoses like that of complete strangers online. Since my cousin was diagnosed I seem to be hyper-sensitive to the markers for Asperger's. :eek:fftopic:
my nephew has aspergers. he's smart, funny, great company...just struggles to understand how other people tick.

totally off topic! lol

mine wasn't so much a dianosis. it was really just the first thought on reading.

Last edited:

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
wasn't intended as funny, doll.
just reminded me so much of the way some other people i've known with aspergers had dissected things.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Dear ladies of LPSG,

What is the simplest way you can describe your thoughts and analysis of situations?
There is none. I am a visual-spatial learner. I pretty much never think of the things about which you are curious.

That is to say, the reason for your decisions and attitudes towards organization and planning, the why of what you do. For example, if I'm an individual who always looks to save a dime and still get the same effect(better bang for the buck), I would describe myself as efficient.
I would call that cheap or frugal. Saving money is sensible, perhaps even logical but it isn't efficient.

When I make decisions, my first consideration is to efficiency. My second consideration is enjoyment, and in this relation, I am less willing to sacrifice efficiency to gain enjoyment. If this were reversed, it would result in the reverse, I'm still interested in better bang, but what I consider better bang has changed.
The only time I might think about how to complete a task in an efficient manner is for work or household chores. I hate chores and am a tad lazy, so the quicker I can get the job done the better.

I don't know that I have ever combined enjoyment with something that needed to be done efficiently.:confused: That is a very abstract concept for me. I honestly don't think it applys to me.

So, what is the simplest way you can describe your attitude or analysis? Include any believed relevant data such as birth date, location, age, culture, country, descent, religion, or zodiacal sign.
April 21
Lakewood, NJ
Black
USA
What do you mean by descent?
United Methodist
Taurus

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
HEY!!! :mad: not funny....really not funny.
Don't go getting your knickers in a twist. :rolleyes: That wasn't meant as an attack or a joke; more an assessment. No non-Aspie would ever ask that question in that way. Heck, they probably wouldn't ask those questions at all.:cool:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
my knickers ain't suffering from twistage.

i am pouting, thank you very much.

i will continue to pout and sook for the next 15 mins.

starting now.

(aspie is not synonymous with long winded douche)[/QUOTE] OUCH! that's a bit harsh. :redface: My initial opinion of his first post was that the OP is clearly an analytical thinker and an auditory-sequential learner. He deals best with facts and numbers and he is clueless about women. Hence the desire to study women in a way that does make sense to him. The only problem I can see with this is that the real women of LPSG are all anomalies. We are not in any way typical. :cool:

AllHazzardi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Don't ask me why or how, but I actually understood most of that. :tongue: That said, I still have no clue how to answer your initial questions. :irked: :frown1:

I don't want to imply that women are somehow intellectually deficient (we are NOT); but you may need to change the structure and format of your questions so that more women understand and can give you good, honest baseline data.

Yes, that baseline data is what I'm looking for. I feel that I can only find it by examine how that baseline changes over individual personality and biology. Just like the natural association that if you have a larger socket you'd likely enjoy a larger plug. What I'm looking to do is not gather information and average it, but rather gather information and associate it.

How about I try this, one of the critical difference between men and women in situations of arousal is that men are much more visual, while women are much more imaginative. What can be said then is that men tend to see situations from an outward perspective (examining the environment), while women tend to see situations from an inward perspective (examining finer details and individuality). So the question is intended to answer how an inward direction translates to an outward direction. I'll use this example to explain the differences.

Two individuals are presented with the same situation or image, and are asked the same question about that situation or image. These individuals are named Lisa and Rob. Lisa is a very inward thinker, while Rob is a very outward thinker.

They are both shown an image of a painting, in this painting a man is walking across a street, a woman is sitting on a park bench, and a couple kids are playing Marbles on the sidewalk. There's a couple nondescript buildings, and it's a daytime scene.

The following are Lisa and Rob's respective answers.

Q."Can you describe the image?"
L."A man seems to be going somewhere, a woman is resting on a bench, and a couple kids are having fun playing marbles."
R."It's daytime, there's a street, a man walking across the street, a woman sitting on a bench, and two kids playing marbles."

Q."What can you tell me about the woman?"
L."She looks a little sad, it's a nice day, maybe she isn't feeling well?"
R."She's wearing a coat and a nice hat, has brown hair, brown eyes, and has a purse."

Lisa and Rob not only represent inward thinking and outward thinking, but also Left brain and Right brain activity orientation. Inward thinking is going from the in-focus object into finer detail about the object, while Outward thinking is going from the in-focus object towards the bigger picture. Each person has a unique individual balance which is created by differences in the balance at the initiating point. By applying inward thinking we create greater connection, communication, and mutual understanding, allowing treatments to be custom tailored to physiology and psychology. By applying outward thinking we create greater association, relation, and systematic understanding, allowing the full impact of small changes on a large system to be knowable.

Lisa used intuition, knowledge about fine details, to infer that the kids were enjoying their game, the man was busy doing something, and that the woman was feeling sad. This is done on a visual level by examining facial features and other small details about a given object. On the audible level by sounds made such as weeping, or changes in speaking pattern. On the physical level by posture and body language.

Rob used observation, knowledge about the larger picture, to know the game the kids were playing, what the man was doing at the time, what the woman was doing at the time, what they were wearing and other directly visible details, but with little inferred knowledge.

If Lisa and Rob were to describe the image to each other using their own language, it would likely result in conflict. Lisa would expect Rob to infer further information from what was actually said and Rob would grow frustrated with Lisa never fully explaining anything. While Rob would expect Lisa to remember information about the surrounding environment, and explain things relative to that environment.

If Lisa and Rob have knowledge of the different perspective of the other, information can be rephrased into more easily absorbed information which is more specific and causes less trouble between the two.

So when I ask what the first question you ask yourself in a situation is, I'm just looking for any answer that you feel is suitable and accurate. This could be "What should I do?" this could be "What happened?" and it could be "Why did it happen?", or any other such interrogative about the situation. This first question, or first thought, is important much in the same way the branches of the tree work. The first branches have the largest determination of where the smaller branches end up. So the first thought you have is your immediate instinctual question to ask; this may or may not be the most efficient choice, but it's the one which you tend towards, the one which you are built for, so to speak, the most efficient one for you.

Pick any situation you like, describe it in short detail, and include what your first thought or few thoughts are when that situation occurs.

AllHazzardi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Well, it wouldn't be anything of offense to me. I don't have a long history of doctor visits so I wouldn't be surprised if I had an undiagnosed condition. Asperger's doesn't seem so bad in the full view, personally I don't think it's much of a disadvantage, perhaps even an advantage gone awry. People who are diagnosed accurately as having Asperger's tend to be very intelligent, funny, enjoyable individuals with a mild issue communicating with other individuals. However, one might observe that issues communicating tend to come with any level of increased intelligence. What with Asperger's being a mild form of Autism, I can use that as an example. Individuals with Autism have, typically, a reduced capacity to communicate with others. What is also known is that many individuals who have Autism also possess unusual abilities or savantism due to what I would infer to be the cause; highly increased intelligence. Intelligence in my mind is an uncertainty complex. Uncertainty is the variable which controls how many times an individual goes over and/or receives specific information before accepting it as real and having concrete, accepted meaning. Too little uncertainty and you come to quick conclusions with a low degree of accuracy. Too much uncertainty and you are impaired at coming to conclusions, causing increased difficulties in communication, sometimes very severe. But if there is a perfect balance of certainty to uncertainty, an individual is able to expand and communicate easily while being able to easily accept and process new ideas and understand them.

In the end, if I have it or not is of no relevance to me, only individuals seeking to listen to me. If anything I'm a sufferer whose focus of that intelligence is on the exact problem I face; communication and understanding. I am an oddity amongst the current generation; generous, focused on the good of the all, and willing to give it away for the good of the all. However, I am not without my dysfunction as well. I'm 22 years old and have moderate arthritis, fibro-myalgic pain twinges, tendonitis, a bad back, and consequentially a low tolerance for exercise.

It's not whether we win or lose, because in truth we always win and lose, it truly is how we play the game.

Last edited:

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i agree with you on that.
aspergers isn't a disability. it's just a type.
an advantage in some situations, a disadvantage in others.