an MRI

Kodak

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Have any of you had an MRI? What was the procedure like? I am going for my first today and its on my Leg. Do you have to get totally naked for the procedure? Any weird stories? :biggrin1:

D_Donald_Trumpet

Experimental Member
Media
From personal experience nothing strange/sexual/traumatic has ever happened before,during, or after the scan, you just cant have any metal objects so you'll probably just have an undershirt and underwear on, don't worry about it, its nothing to stress over.

Kodak

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
It's just for my leg, so hopefully they dont make my entire body go into the contraption

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It's just for my leg, so hopefully they dont make my entire body go into the contraption

You may not have to go in all the way. I had two done on my back. The first time I had to go all the way in the tube. It was very noisy and made me claustrophobic. The second time it was at another place and was an open MRI, which was much better.
Good luck! :smile:

hawkgirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I had an MRI done after I hit my head on the stirring wheel in an auto accident. This just happened in Oct. 07. For the next several days I wasn't feeling like myself and my family and friends had noticed that something seemed a bit off. The Dr. ordered the test and what do you know? I had a brain tumor. I never would have known had it not been for me hitting my head and passing out in the accident I'd have probably never gotten an MRI. Having said that, I'd more that likely had never known about the tumor until it was to late. So I have a good MRI story... I guess? :confused: :eek: :biggrin1:

Kodak

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I had an MRI done after I hit my head on the stirring wheel in an auto accident. This just happened in Oct. 07. For the next several days I wasn't feeling like myself and my family and friends had noticed that something seemed a bit off. The Dr. ordered the test and what do you know? I had a brain tumor. I never would have known had it not been for me hitting my head and passing out in the accident I'd have probably never gotten an MRI. Having said that, I'd more that likely had never known about the tumor until it was to late. So I have a good MRI story... I guess? :confused: :eek: :biggrin1:

wow! Thats really something...good thing you got that checked out!

Nice pics btw :p

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No worries. My daughter had one on her shoulder a couple of years ago when she dislocated it.

It's noisy but they give you ear plugs. You don't have to be naked but if you WANT to be, you could always let the hospital gown slip a little. :tongue:

Anyway, if you're not claustrophobic, you shouldn't have a problem. It's completely painless.

Kodak

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
No worries. My daughter had one on her shoulder a couple of years ago when she dislocated it.

It's noisy but they give you ear plugs. You don't have to be naked but if you WANT to be, you could always let the hospital gown slip a little. :tongue:

Anyway, if you're not claustrophobic, you shouldn't have a problem. It's completely painless.

Yeah i'm not too claustrophobic, but did they give a shot of dye to your daughter for her shoulder so it would show up? Or they just put her in the machine and that was it? Yeah, those damned hospital gowns always have that breeze of cold air up your ass! :tongue:

art

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I've had a couple MRI done. The exact procedure depends on what part they're looking at. In my case, they were looking at both my knees. So I stripped naked (I could have kept my underwear, but didn't see the point since I'm not especially modest), put on the ridiculous gown, and laid down on this movable table thing they have. The tech came in and set up a series of pillows or bolsters or whatever you want to call them, so my knee was immobilized. Then it took about 45 minutes as the machine made a lot of noise and did its work.

You can't have any metal anywhere near the machine. So no watch, dogtags, rings, chains, iPods or the like. I'd guess you'd have to remove any piercings. (I'm sure they'll tell you) They had this "iPod replacement", which was a pair of really awful-sounding acoustic-tube headphones (like the ones you listen to on airplanes). The best music they had was a Frank Sinatra greatest hits collection.

If you can, just take a nap. No pain, just a little discomfort in that you can't move your limbs while the machine is working.

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I had an MRI on my back last year. No big deal. The machine sounds like a jackhammer, but they'll have head phones. You won't feel anything, and it's safer than an x-ray because there's no ionizing radiation. Usually no contrasting agent required, but if there it's safer than the iodine used with x-rays too.