An Obama thread originally titled "Save lpsg thread"

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I am voting for whoever is ready to bring on disclosure

You say whoever as if there's a chorus line of candidates. It's either Obama or Mccain. Do you think Mccain is going to bring on disclosure? IF he's not in prison before the end of this next term.

EDIT: Ignore this post, I forgot that Mccain's lobbying abilities are second to none, he's probably playing golf with the judge now and will come out with a clean record.

Last edited:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Skull Mason: Reverend Wright, Father Pfleger and now Jesse Jackson. Since when have we started accepting their words to be the gospel of the land anyhow? No pun intended, of course, but you do realize that all of these people have a common thread among them. They're opportunists that like to play the infamous race card to spread their message of love, hate or whatever, to the masses. Not saying that there's some truth to what they say, however, the way they present their message is pathetic. It's worded perfectly to get a response of outrage & hostility instead of concern, and it does more to separate people instead of unite them. Their arguments need to be more about class (rich vs. poor) instead of race (black vs. the rest of the world). That way, their message connects with everyone that is struggling and more people can feel their story instead of just one racial demographic.

As for those who are worried about Obama making a flip-flop in some of the Gay Rights issues? Get a grip. At least with Obama you know there's a chance that positive legislation to support gays & lesbians will be presented and talked about. With McCain, you know nothing is going to happen. And so what if he feels as if marriage should be between one man and one woman? Lots of straight, heterosexual people believe this and we can't tell them not to feel this way. But does this mean that Obama is going to try and push an amendment for the constitution to define marriage as this? Considering his voting record and his stance on Gay Rights issues, probably not. As much as I would love to see same sex marriage finally accepted Nationwide, I know that it's going to take years for it to happen thanks to the amount of closed-minded individuals in office right now. And it's going to take a lot more than just Obama to make this a reality... but at least he'll get us moving in the right direction.

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
I'm sure that Fox 'News' will be playing this in a loop continually for the next month. At least Jackson, whom I despise, will no longer be running in every possible primary. He's committed political suicide, and could even lose his church over this--and his precious tax exemption. It looks like Jackson might no longer be "talking down to black folks" either.

This is an opportunity for Obama to rise above the ghetto-fabulous voting block, bolster his secular philosophy and finally unite the Democrats.

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
president? there'd be a Jesse Jackson tv network where you could see Jesse Jackson run his mouth all day long.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have said it before, and I'll say it again. People don't believe me. But if Obama wins, it's will be a major setback for gays. All the Obamanites can hate me all they want, I'm a black man, and if....IF I was to vote, I would vote for McCain over Obama.

Oh, and I see Mccain winning as a perpetuating a major move in gay rights. I can't turn on a Mccain interview without hearing how much he wants to support gays and treat them as equals.:rolleyes:

Pro-Barackians don't hate you for voting against him, we feel sorry that you're categorically misguided in your notion that Obama is anti-gay and that the gay community would be better off with McSame.

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You're saying words, but no ideas are being communicated. It's ignorant and persumptuous to imagine that any given Obama supporter doesn't know anything and is a mindless sheep.

In fact, one of the most disturbing things about the Obama phenomena is that that many and varied interviews of Obama supporters cannot explain their support, cannot even describe his platform

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
Obama's message that past injustice is no excuse for current irresponsibility flies straight in the face of the Jackson and Sharpton ilk. It cuts their legs right out from under them.

That's why Al questioned his blackness and Jesse wants to cut his nuts out.

TurkeyWithaSunburn

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
That's why I (reluctantly) agree with the dick Morris: McCain should team up with Condi.

Condi: Now 100.00% more black than Barack...(and certainly a living defiance to black stereotypes)...Too bad she is saddled with that stain in her employment history...
Which stain?
Chevron where she was on the board of directors and they named a supertanker the SS Condolezza Rice.
or
Being a part of the current administration?

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
In fact, one of the most disturbing things about the Obama phenomena is that that many and varied interviews of Obama supporters cannot explain their support, cannot even describe his platform

The average person can't spell politics so this is no surprise. Ignorance is not monopolized by Obama supportres.

TurkeyWithaSunburn

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
This would be an interesting headline
Jesse Jackson wants to castrate a black man.

Jesse Jackson is an idiot, on par with sharpton. The people who lead the race politics arena generally are. If Obama doesn't play their game, so they personally can get more power then of course he isn't going to support them.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Jesse Jackson reluctantly endorsed Obama because of his son. Rev. Jackson's wife Jaqueline and his other son endorsed Hillary Clinton. I believe Rev. Jackson has been trying to mend the relationship with his son due to his indiscretions and subsequent damage to his legacy.

In his heart Rev. Jackson had deep seeded disagreement with Obama's lack of committment to the African American Community and Obama's arrogance i.e. down talking to the Black Community. It came out...whether he meant it to or not, it came out because that is how Rev. Jackson really felt and has not been able to voice without risking "damage" to the candidacy of Obama and angering his son.

Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton for all their mistakes and blustering have been leaders in the Civil Rights struggle and given their lives for it. Obama has not done one tenth of what they have been able to accomplish. If someone wants to talk about someone able to sit down with enemies and talk it is Jesse Jackson and not Obama.

I'm not building up Rev. Jackson because I too admonish him for what he did to his wife, family, himself and his legacy. But I do give credit where credit is due. And it does not go to Obama.

Rev. Jackson was correct in his assessment of Obama. Obama has been pandering to every group and has shown no courage of conviction on anything.

Last edited:

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Jesse Jackson reluctantly endorsed Obama because of his son. Rev. Jackson's wife Jaqueline and his other son endorsed Hillary Clinton. I believe Rev. Jackson has been trying to mend the relationship with his son due to his indiscretions and subsequent damage to his legacy.

In his heart Rev. Jackson had deep seeded disagreement with Obama's lack of committment to the African American Community and Obama's arrogance i.e. down talking to the Black Community. It came out...whether he meant it to or not, it came out because that is how Rev. Jackson really felt and has not been able to voice without risking "damage" to the candidacy of Obama and angering his son.

Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton for all their mistakes and blustering have been leaders in the Civil Rights struggle and given their lives for it. Obama has not done one tenth of what they have been able to accomplish. If someone wants to talk about someone able to sit down with enemies and talk it is Jesse Jackson and not Obama.

I'm not building up Rev. Jackson because I too admonish him for what he did to his wife, family, himself and his legacy. But I do give credit where credit is due. And it does not go to Obama.

Rev. Jackson was correct in his assessment of Obama. Obama has been pandering to every group and has shown no courage of conviction on anything.
AH the voice of CLARITY, REASON and ABSOLUTE TRUTH RETURNS...

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
If you ask me it's far more pandering to treat blacks like victims than equals.

btw - I forget, where exactly did the 'Reverend' earn his theology degree?

Industrialsize was right.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
Condi Rice with McCain?

She looks angry all the time. When she smiles, it looks like a sneer. No wonder the USA isn't getting anyplace in the Middle East.

Jessie Jackson showed his true colors and anger about a man who is a bit more educated and better looking than him. If you let slide feelings like that off the cuff, people will loose more than faith in you.

Maybe Obama can talk to the Rev in short words so he will understand.

Last edited:

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
If you ask me it's far more pandering to treat blacks like victims than equals.

We already see how Obama panders...he wants the votes...gives alot of talk but no action and no work. Obama's life is evident of that. No experience and no hard work on anything but wants the presidency. Obama will tell any group anything to get the vote, but has no intention of standing up for that community or showing any conviction on their issues.

Where can you point out that Jackson or others treat African Americans as victims? Because I certainly don't see Obama treating them as equals...if anything Obama's lecturing at every turn to the Black community is elitist and demonstrates blatant bad mouthing and using it for an election.

Rev. Jackson was right in his assessment of Obama.