An Obama thread originally titled "Save lpsg thread"

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
So, does the theme of the Presidential Election and Obama become an argument about "how black" he is? Has the topic of debate become as synonymous and pointless as a beef between two overrated rappers? Please tell me this isn't happening. PLEASE!!! :rolleyes:

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
So, does the theme of the Presidential Election and Obama become an argument about "how black" he is? Has the topic of debate become as synonymous and pointless as a beef between two overrated rappers? Please tell me this isn't happening. PLEASE!!! :rolleyes:

It does when simple minds try to discuss complex topics. On another forum one argument against Obama was, and I'm quoting word for word "Obama tried to sell himself as being whiter than white."

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Disregard race: how competent is he to discuss issues?

From what I've seen he can put a sentence together and he has a good grasp on reality so, with the right team he's just as capable as anyone else. For the record I LOATHE his statement that he'd keep Robert James.

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
We already see how Obama panders...he wants the votes...gives alot of talk but no action and no work. Obama's life is evident of that. No experience and no hard work on anything but wants the presidency. Obama will tell any group anything to get the vote, but has no intention of standing up for that community or showing any conviction on their issues.

Where can you point out that Jackson or others treat African Americans as victims? Because I certainly don't see Obama treating them as equals...if anything Obama's lecturing at every turn to the Black community is elitist and demonstrates blatant bad mouthing and using it for an election.

Rev. Jackson was right in his assessment of Obama.

Really ? And how has he talked down to our community ? By calling out deadbeat dads ? How dare he call out deadbeat dads.

Anyone with common sense can see that he wasn't talking to every black man. He was talking to fathers who are absent from theit childs life. Therefore, if you're doing your job , he wasn't talking to you. It's talking down to us when he points out the major problems in our community that we need to fix ?

Jesse Jackson is an ass backwards son of a bitch who's trying to get every last second in the spotlight that he can. His only platform is race. Race race race race race.

And please explain how he has been pandering and how he is any worse that irrational Hilary and flip floppy McCain.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Mista Geechee, you have to understand that anti-Barackians ignore Mccain's CRIMINAL MISCONDUCT in favor of scrutinizing Obama for more trivial things. Obama doesn't have much of a record so they have to grasp for desperate, pathetic straws in their arguments against him. Some of the points are valid, some of it is bullshit.

King would be shocked and horrified that Jackson would ever say such a thing. Castration of black men was a not unknown form of torture for slaves and lynch mobs. It's a slur with a grotesque and especially vicious history for black people, rather akin to a Jewish person claiming to want to, "stuff [another Jew] into an oven."

I fucking HATE the politics of race. It does so much to do nothing more than enhance racial divides and fuel the coals of resentment among the races. It's horrifying. Jackson lost all his relevance to me ages ago and I can only hope Sharpton will follow. When will people finally see that the only solution is the one King held up as the paragon?
But there is something that I must say to my people who stand on the warm threshold which leads into the palace of justice. In the process of gaining our rightful place we must not be guilty of wrongful deeds. Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred.

We must forever conduct our struggle on the high plane of dignity and discipline. We must not allow our creative protest to degenerate into physical violence. Again and again we must rise to the majestic heights of meeting physical force with soul force. The marvelous new militancy which has engulfed the Negro community must not lead us to a distrust of all white people, for many of our white brothers, as evidenced by their presence here today, have come to realize that their destiny is tied up with our destiny. They have come to realize that their freedom is inextricably bound to our freedom. We cannot walk alone.
Every leader in this country should have a big plaque above their desk that says:

It's the content of your character stupid!

My dream is a colorblind world where we can all celebrate our heritages without using them to feed divisions, where we are all judged by the content of our characters and not the color of our skin. The words of King are words for all Americans and of utmost importance in a country built not an historical tribal grouping as nearly all other nations are, but on an ideal. We must be idealistic to survive as a nation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media

No it hasn't. The topic of debate has not come down to how black Obama is. On issues for the African American Community I trust Hillary Clinton and Bill Clinton more...because it isn't about what color you are it is about who you are and whether your actions match your words.

Obama has shown he is consistent with nothing but his attempt to get to the presidency.

Really ? And how has he talked down to our community ? By calling out deadbeat dads ? How dare he call out deadbeat dads.

Anyone with common sense can see that he wasn't talking to every black man. He was talking to fathers who are absent from theit childs life. Therefore, if you're doing your job , he wasn't talking to you. It's talking down to us when he points out the major problems in our community that we need to fix ?

Jesse Jackson is an ass backwards son of a bitch who's trying to get every last second in the spotlight that he can. His only platform is race. Race race race race race.

And please explain how he has been pandering and how he is any worse that irrational Hilary and flip floppy McCain.

The flip flopper is Obama.

Obama is supposed to be the new politician but is abandoning his integrity for votes. Obama is whatever he needs to be at the moment to get what he wants. That is not a President I can believe in, that is not change I can believe in.

At every turn Obama is lecturing negatively to the Black community.
"Obama used the occasion of Father's Day to give Black males the back of his hand."
The Democratic presidential nominee-apparent seldom speaks directly to Black people, but when he does it is usually to denounce individuals once close to him or to criticize The Race in general for some moral failing. - Black Agenda Report

Lecturing Deadbeat Dads on Father's Day in an African American Church? Father's Day is Day to Celebrate Fathers! On Father's Day Obama should have been praising the amazing African American Fathers that work two jobs and love their kids. Then Obama is telling young African American males that they aren't going to the NBA and can't rap? These aren't tough love comments to his own community. Obama is using this for his campaign at the expense of the African American community who helped him get this far. In return for their support Obama has yet to "show some love" as he likes to say by way of attending important African American functions or honoring those in the community with something other than a LECTURE on what is wrong with them.

Obama has not put the work in to even go there. Bill Cosby has lived his life trying to improve the image of the African American family and has spent years trying to instill the need for college education in the Black Community. In recent years, Cosby co-authored a book, has given speeches and gone out on tours talking about the social issues in the African American community and how to address them. Cosby isn't running for President or trying to get anything out of it other than a stronger African American Community. I appreciate his voice on these issues more than some politician who panders, only berates African Americans and refuses to attend the State of the Black Union when formally invited.

Obama is talking down to the African American Community every chance he gets and avoiding their presence.

Jesse Jackson was correct in his assessment of Obama.

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
King would be shocked and horrified that Jackson would ever say such a thing. Castration of black men was a not unknown form of torture for slaves and lynch mobs. It's a slur with a grotesque and especially vicious history for black people, rather akin to a Jewish person claiming to want to, "stuff [another Jew] into an oven."

I fucking HATE the politics of race. It does so much to do nothing more than enhance racial divides and fuel the coals of resentment among the races. It's horrifying. Jackson lost all his relevance to me ages ago and I can only hope Sharpton will follow. When will people finally see that the only solution is the one King held up as the paragon?
But there is something that I must say to my people who stand on the warm threshold which leads into the palace of justice. In the process of gaining our rightful place we must not be guilty of wrongful deeds. Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred.

We must forever conduct our struggle on the high plane of dignity and discipline. We must not allow our creative protest to degenerate into physical violence. Again and again we must rise to the majestic heights of meeting physical force with soul force. The marvelous new militancy which has engulfed the Negro community must not lead us to a distrust of all white people, for many of our white brothers, as evidenced by their presence here today, have come to realize that their destiny is tied up with our destiny. They have come to realize that their freedom is inextricably bound to our freedom. We cannot walk alone.
Every leader in this country should have a big plaque above their desk that says:

It's the content of your character stupid!

My dream is a colorblind world where we can all celebrate our heritages without using them to feed divisions, where we are all judged by the content of our characters and not the color of our skin. The words of King are words for all Americans and of utmost importance in a country built not an historical tribal grouping as nearly all other nations are, but on an ideal. We must be idealistic to survive as a nation.​

Couldn't have said it better.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
No it hasn't. The topic of debate has not come down to how black Obama is. On issues for the African American Community I trust Hillary Clinton and Bill Clinton more...because it isn't about what color you are it is about who you are and whether your actions match your words.

Obama has shown he is consistent with nothing but his attempt to get to the presidency.

Obama is supposed to be the new politician but is abandoning his integrity for votes. Obama is whatever he needs to be at the moment to get what he wants. That is not a President I can believe in, that is not change I can believe in.

"Obama used the occasion of Father's Day to give Black males the back of his hand."
The Democratic presidential nominee-apparent seldom speaks directly to Black people, but when he does it is usually to denounce individuals once close to him or to criticize The Race in general for some moral failing. - Black Agenda Report

Lecturing Deadbeat Dads on Father's Day in an African American Church? Father's Day is Day to Celebrate Fathers! On Father's Day Obama should have been praising the amazing African American Fathers that work two jobs and love their kids. Then Obama is telling young African American males that they aren't going to the NBA and can't rap? These aren't tough love comments to his own community. Obama is using this for his campaign at the expense of the African American community who helped him get this far. In return for their support Obama has yet to "show some love" as he likes to say by way of attending important African American functions or honoring those in the community with something other than a LECTURE on what is wrong with them.

Obama has not put the work in to even go there. Bill Cosby has lived his life trying to improve the image of the African American family and has spent years trying to instill the need for college education in the Black Community. In recent years, Cosby co-authored a book, has given speeches and gone out on tours talking about the social issues in the African American community and how to address them. Cosby isn't running for President or trying to get anything out of it other than a stronger African American Community. I appreciate his voice on these issues more than some politician who panders, only berates African Americans and refuses to attend the State of the Black Union when formally invited.

Obama is talking down to the African American Community every chance he gets and avoiding their presence.

Couldn't have said it better.

That's because they are words...words of a great man posted in support of someone who doesn't even know how to make them reality.

Obama does not represent these words of Dr. King. If he did, he wouldn't be lecturing Blacks on the Presidential stage. Obama isn't giving speeches like the one you highlight in RED. Obama is calling out African Americans every chance he gets. Obama offers no healing he only offers his absence and a call to vote for him.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

Yeah, cuz every other president's concern is America's best interest.:roll eyes:

Sweetie, study politics because you're making yourself look ignorant. During campaigns, there is information that they're not given access to, information that is slowly revealed to them in bits and pieces. Information that often causes them to adjust/adapt (in your words flip-flop). I fear a president who comes in, states their case, and never changes, that's just impractical.

The fact that you think Jesse Jackson could be correct about anything shows how blind you are in your anti-Barackism.

D_season 5

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
well...u not only are correct, but i suspect u have been way to generous to Obama...i went to the same elitist high school and grad school as Barry, he is the same now as he was then, (consistency should count for something) arrogant, flip, condescending and absent of conscience, character and courage to be truthful...
what Jesse Jackson said, while murmured in the black community, is now out in the open...and i suspect Jackson feels betrayed by the left wing media that put him in some sort of made up respectable pretense for Jackson, he is now jealous and out of favour with the media...and then to say, 'i didn't know the mic's were on or hot' oh please...he called York Jews Hymie's in 1984...with a hot mic and claimed the same story...so he is either dumb and doesn't learn from his errors or thinks everyone is stupid...

as far as mc cain...i am compelled to vote for him..not my first choice..but...given obama's no experience...184 days in the US senate...and most of those days he has been running for president of the us...with MC Cain, i don't think George soros will be able to control him...unlike obama...he would be beholding to George soros...

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Wow. I didn't know that "the black agenda" spoke for me and the entire black community. So are you suggesting that he should ignore the problems in teh community that has a great influence over his life? You must have severe abbhorance for him to interpret that as pandering. Is there now something wrong with conveying to black youths that not every one will sign a NBA/record deal ? Being realistic is now talking down and pandering ?

I don't see McCain doing anything for teh black community. Your whole argument is that Obama shouldn't be president because he hasn't been a civil rights activist all his life. Balderdash. You basically fall in line with the people who think McCain should be president bacause he was a POW

You are so enamored with race it's sad. You post links to trivial obscurities that have already fizzled out. Trying to blame him for what his campaign aids did and what General Wesley Clark said (which just happened to be the truth) and not voting in MoveOn.org's favor (which is completely different from voting against it which is what John McCain did when he voted against MLK day being a federal holiday). While you ignore McCain's people telling us that the slumping economy is a figment of our imaginations. You can drag up all the anti-obama propaganda you want , it doesn't mean it's true. Seems kinda like argumentum ad populum

I'm assuming you're not black. Only because there are not many black members here. But if you are , and are offended , that doesn;t mean the entire black community is. EVERY single black person I know , which obviously is a lot , would say the same thing he did about black fathers. Especially since he , I , and most black people I know , grew up in a single parent household (usually fatherless).

Last edited:

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Sweetie, study politics because you're making yourself look ignorant. During campaigns, there is information that they're not given access to, information that is slowly revealed to them in bits and pieces. Information that often causes them to adjust/adapt (in your words flip-flop). I fear a president who comes in, states their case, and never changes, that's just impractical.

I'm not your sweetie. I know politics and campaigns and the statement you made is pure ignorance. Obama is earning the flip flopper label because he is not standing on his positions plain and simple. Obama is not adjusting or adapting...voters adjust on positions with a candidate within reason...people adapt with the candidate within reason. Obama is changing positions and moving to center and playing politics on issues people don't want to play politics on. Obama is earning the title flip flopper. Read before you attempt to criticize someone else...I provided links for you.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
with MC Cain, i don't think George soros will be able to control him...unlike obama...he would be beholding to George soros...

Even though he's against women having control over their bodies/lives? Even though obtained ballots fraudelently? Even though he says he doesn't understand the economy, and wants to stay in Iraq for "100 years if necessary?" Even though he cheated on his wife and while she was disabled left her for a young heiress? What possible support could you offer John Mccain other than being against Obama? Not that there aren't valid reasons, but the best defense I've heard for Mccain is that "Obama isn't trustworthy."

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
well...u not only are correct, but i suspect u have been way to generous to Obama...i went to the same elitist high school and grad school as Barry, he is the same now as he was then, (consistency should count for something) arrogant, flip, condescending and absent of conscience, character and courage to be truthful...
what Jesse Jackson said, while murmured in the black community, is now out in the open...and i suspect Jackson feels betrayed by the left wing media that put him in some sort of made up respectable pretense for Jackson, he is now jealous and out of favour with the media...and then to say, 'i didn't know the mic's were on or hot' oh please...he called York Jews Hymie's in 1984...with a hot mic and claimed the same story...so he is either dumb and doesn't learn from his errors or thinks everyone is stupid...

as far as mc cain...i am compelled to vote for him..not my first choice..but...given obama's no experience...184 days in the US senate...and most of those days he has been running for president of the us...with MC Cain, i don't think George soros will be able to control him...unlike obama...he would be beholding to George soros...

Funny how non-blacks seem to know more about what's going on in the black community than actual blacks. Strange eh ?

For all McCain's experience , he still wants to cut taxes while needlessly occupying Iraq and throwing away billions every month. Sounds like an awesome plan!!!!!!!

Then we won't have to deal with that horrible man that mentioned that black fathers need to step up.......o just the thought...to much to bear....

But if that is an elitest school you went to , I guess you're just as much as an elitest as you accuse Senator Obama of being.

That's because they are words...words of a great man posted in support of someone who doesn't even know how to make them reality.

It's the most exceptional arrogance to claim that I posted those words in support of Obama. How you can take the nobility of those words and twist them into your own agenda is beyond contemptible.

As I have told you numerous times, I am not an Obama supporter. I have no plans to vote for him, or McCain in November. As it so clearly went over your sycophantic head, I shall tell you that I would have posted this had Jackson made these comments about any number of black male leaders.

The grotesque school of propaganda to which you clearly adhere apparently has no scruples. I wouldn't be surprised if you'd lift a dead baby over your head and and find a way to use it as a tool of anti-Obama propaganda. You've gone from supporting Clinton to digging her grave and don't even realize it.

Reactions: dreamer20

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
Nearly 60% of the Black children in this country are raised by single mothers, the highest percentage of any race. Obama was right to speak out against it, single them out, seeing as how the next closest is Hispanics with just over 30%. He wants his kin (even if he is only half Black) to step up and make a better reputation for themselves.

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
For all McCain's experience , he still wants to cut taxes while needlessly occupying Iraq and throwing away billions every month. Sounds like an awesome plan!!!!!!!

Right, because having less money to go around is definitely the way to go. Sick children in one income homes don't need Medicare. Neither do old people. It's not like they're going to do anything great with their lives.
Besides, the tax breaks are going primarily to small businesses, in order to stimulate the economy. And after the recession we've been through, we can trust that they'll pass those savings on to their employees and their clientele. Yes indeed!