An Obama thread originally titled "Save lpsg thread"

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Funny how non-blacks seem to know more about what's going on in the black community than actual blacks. Strange eh ?

For all McCain's experience , he still wants to cut taxes while needlessly occupying Iraq and throwing away billions every month. Sounds like an awesome plan!!!!!!!

Then we won't have to deal with that horrible man that mentioned that black fathers need to step up.......o just the thought...to much to bear....

But if that is an elitest school you went to , I guess you're just as much as an elitest as you accuse Senator Obama of being.

As I previously stated there are a few people discussing the needs and issues of the African American community and they aren't doing it lecturing and belittling the community whilst running for office. If perhaps Obama had put in some work on the issues he's preaching about now his words could be taken with the understanding that he and the African American Community would be working together on it. Obama offers nothing but a lecture and his absence and a call to vote for him.

It's the most exceptional arrogance to claim that I posted those words in support of Obama. How you can take the nobility of those words and twist them into your own agenda is beyond contemptible.

As I have told you numerous times, I am not an Obama supporter. I have no plans to vote for him, or McCain in November. As it so clearly went over your sycophantic head, I shall tell you that I would have posted this had Jackson made these comments about any number of black male leaders.

The grotesque school of propaganda to which you clearly adhere apparently has no scruples. I wouldn't be surprised if you'd lift a dead baby over your head and and find a way to use it as a tool of anti-Obama propaganda. You've gone from supporting Clinton to digging her grave and don't even realize it.

:rolleyes: You are so pompously indignant. There is no propaganda going on save Obama's. The words of Dr. King do not convict Jesse Jackson any more than Jesse Jackson has already convicted himself. No one is asserting that Jackson's words weren't crude and out of place. What I stated was that Jackson's assessment of Obama was correct. You posting Dr. King's eloquent and inspiring words does not change that or prove Jesse Jackson wrong in his assessment of Obama. Jackson admitted that he should have spoken privately with Obama. The fact that this is public information demonstrates that not everybody is fooled by Obama and not everyone appreciates Obama's arrogant lecturing and ignoring the African American Community.

I supported Hillary Clinton's candidacy. I do not support Obama's candidacy and nor do I support the injustice committed by the Democratic party in selecting Obama.

Nearly 60% of the Black children in this country are raised by single mothers, the highest percentage of any race. Obama was right to speak out against it, single them out, seeing as how the next closest is Hispanics with just over 30%. He wants his kin (even if he is only half Black) to step up and make a better reputation for themselves.

There have been studies on Families across the board. Do you know the statistics on broken familes of Divorce? Divorces and remarriages? Half siblings and children moving back and forth between parents, houses, step parents? Do you know the statistics on the effects on children of divorce? And what percentage of White children that affects?

There are plenty of lectures that can go on when we talk about social problems across the board. Obama wants his kin to make a "better reputation for themselves?" What's next? Obama goes completely to the right and tells them to pull themselves up by their bootstraps to get votes?

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As I previously stated there are a few people discussing the needs and issues of the African American community and they aren't doing it lecturing and belittling the community whilst running for office. If perhaps Obama had put in some work on the issues he's preaching about now his words could be taken with the understanding that he and the African American Community would be working together on it. Obama offers nothing but a lecture and his absence and a call to vote for him.

:rolleyes: You are so pompously indignant. There is no propaganda going on save Obama's. The words of Dr. King do not convict Jesse Jackson any more than Jesse Jackson has already convicted himself. No one is asserting that Jackson's words weren't crude and out of place. What I stated was that Jackson's assessment of Obama was correct. You posting Dr. King's eloquent and inspiring words does not change that or prove Jesse Jackson wrong in his assessment of Obama. Jackson admitted that he should have spoken privately with Obama. The fact that this is public information demonstrates that not everybody is fooled by Obama and not everyone appreciates Obama's arrogant lecturing and ignoring the African American Community.

I supported Hillary Clinton's candidacy. I do not support Obama's candidacy and nor do I support the injustice committed by the Democratic party in selecting Obama.

There have been studies on Families across the board. Do you know the statistics on broken familes of Divorce? Divorces and remarriages? Half siblings and children moving back and forth between parents, houses, step parents? Do you know the statistics on the effects on children of divorce? And what percentage of White children that affects?

There are plenty of lectures that can go on when we talk about social problems across the board. Obama wants his kin to make a "better reputation for themselves?" What's next? Obama goes completely to the right and tells them to pull themselves up by their bootstraps to get votes?

Well he's teh one putting in work to pay off Hilary's debt. I doubt she'd do the same for him.

You think that black people are offended because of what inscrupuolus Jesse Jackson and the black agenda say so ? Hahahahahaha. How ignorant can you be to think that all , or even most black people were offended , when most black people say the same thing amongst each other. Trust me , I know , I'm one of them. And what's even worse is that you think these figures actually represnt the entirity or majority of black US citizens.

You thrill me with your acumen , or rather your lack thereof.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My wishful hope... is this will help expose Jackson for the hack he is.

He is NOT sorry.... he is sorry because he got caught. If whitey said that.... night-night.

Jesse has done more counter-productive good for African Americans than perhaps any African American over the last 15 years.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
My wishful hope... is this will help expose Jackson for the hack he is.

He is NOT sorry.... he is sorry because he got caught. If whitey said that.... night-night.

Jesse has done more counter-productive good for African Americans than perhaps any African American over the last 15 years.

HUH? He was exposed a long time ago as a fraud, and a philanderer. We already know what a useless bag of skin and guts he is. No one takes him seriously.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Well he's teh one putting in work to pay off Hilary's debt. I doubt she'd do the same for him.

He's putting in nothing. If it didn't help Obama...he wouldn't even be pretending to make the effort. Obama wants Hillary's supporters and their donations period.

You think that black people are offended because of what inscrupuolus Jesse Jackson and the black agenda say so ? Hahahahahaha. How ignorant can you be to think that all , or even most black people were offended , when most black people say the same thing amongst each other. Trust me , I know , I'm one of them. And what's even worse is that you think these figures actually represnt the entirity or majority of black US citizens.

You thrill me with your acumen , or rather your lack thereof.

Trust me, I know too. Many African Americans have concerns about Obama concerning this matter...perhaps you'd understand what I've stated better if you read it in the Washington Post. Jackson Incident Revives Some Blacks' Concerns About Obama

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
He's putting in nothing. If it didn't help Obama...he wouldn't even be pretending to make the effort. Obama wants Hillary's supporters and their donations period.

HA! He doesn't need those donations, that's why he's refused that additional funding.

Trust me, I know too. Many African Americans have concerns about Obama concerning this matter...perhaps you'd understand what I've stated better if you read it in the Washington Post. Jackson Incident Revives Some Blacks' Concerns About Obama

Okay, I haven't looked at your profile yet but I doubt you're black. No black American believes Jesse Jackson voices anyting for us. He's a character, a pimp.

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
atta girl!

Last edited:

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Well he's the one putting in work to pay off Hilary's debt. I doubt she'd do the same for him.
You think that black people are offended because of what unscrupulous Jesse Jackson and the black agenda say so? Hahahahahaha. How ignorant can you be to think that all, or even most black people were offended, when most black people say the same thing amongst each other. Trust me, I know, I'm one of them. And what's even worse is that you think these figures actually represent the entirety or majority of black US citizens.

You thrill me with your acumen, or rather your lack thereof.

You're wasting your time in trying to debate these issues with this person in any manner near rational, as I learned for myself (and as I was so advised) in another thread. This person is at best (by her own admission) a Hillary supporter (and no doubt a sore loser at that), and possibly now a McCain supporter...to say the least.

She seems to be clinging to some hope (by describing Obama as “the presumptive nominee”) that somewhere during the convention the delegates are going to come to some conclusion (damn the voters) that Hillary will be better able to beat McCain, and will do an about face, and nominate her as the Democratic presidential candidate, and that we (here’s the best part) who’ve already cast our votes in the primaries will just say, “Oh it’s Hillary?? Ok. Guess I’ll mosey on down and vote for her then.

Yeah…on a frosty ass cold day in hell we will. (In fact, on the basis of such attitudes, I’ve come to reverse my original opinion of a Hillary vice presidency, and have now come to dread an Obama/Clinton ticket).

Her patronizing platitudes regarding what Obama should have been saying to black fathers on Father's Day (in her not so humble opinion) aside, we (as black Americans) are not so moronic (as she apparently assumes) to be so readily offended by honest introspection. Bill Cosby has been saying things like this for years, and time hasn’t stopped, and the oceans haven’t frozen over.

In fact it may surprise her to know that many of us (in the black community) may have a greater appreciation for a more straight forward assessment of who and what we are, and what we perhaps should and CAN do to empower ourselves and to take responsibility for our own actions, rather than some sugar coated pat-on-the back bullshit session designed not to ruffle any feathers. That, imo, would have been "pandering".

Another poster observed “one of the most disturbing things about the Obama phenomena is that that many and varied interviews of Obama supporters cannot explain their support, cannot even describe his platform.”

What “in fact” is disturbing is that many don’t know his position even though his political philosophy was clearly outlined years ago in his book and in his messages. It’s all there. Problem is, too many haven’t looked at it or aren’t listening.

The “phenomena” is, that here’s a candidate who speaks of unified efforts of cooperation between both parties, who speaks of dialog before military options (without ruling out the latter when appropriate), who speaks of family values while respecting the civil rights of every individual, who addresses at every opportunity concerns and issues that not only speaks to a people, but that transcends the regular divide between races and between political affiliation. And the spin doctors characterize it as “pandering”.

It’s NOT PANDERING. It’s politics of reason, rationale, responsibility, and compassion. It’s the same stuff he’s been saying all along.

But to the far right, he’s a meek right winged bleeding heart liberal who’s going to sell out and deal with terrorists (because he has a Muslim name anyway), and to the far left (and bitter Hillary supporters, alas,) he’s not black enough, he’s not outspoken enough on gay issues…

This guy is running to win. And it’s like people who are supposed to be supporting him are saying, “Damn him! Damn him for embracing values too middle of the road.” (…and that, incidentally, SHOULD make him all the more palatable to the majority of American voters.)

Last edited:

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
HA! He doesn't need those donations, that's why he's refused that additional funding.

Okay, I haven't looked at your profile yet but I doubt you're black. No black American believes Jesse Jackson voices anyting for us. He's a character, a pimp.

Pfft, even Whitey knows that the most outspoken among you speaks for atleast 75% of you. That's why, early in the campaign, black people in general thought Obama "wasn't black enough" to be the first black president.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Pfft, even Whitey knows that the most outspoken among you speaks for atleast 75% of you. That's why, early in the campaign, black people in general thought Obama "wasn't black enough" to be the first black president.

REALLY!? And in turn I'd assume it logical to conclude that the most outspoken of "you" speaks for about... 75% did you say???

Or are "we" just somehow incapable of independent thought??

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

See. That's what I mean. Your entire argument is based on newspaper clippings. You have got to be teh most pretentious, irrational, dogmatic non sequitur I've ever come across.

Oh yea. Great points b.c. But I think stapledshut was being sarcastic. I hope. I don't think he's that silly.

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
REALLY!? And in turn I'd assume it logical to conclude that the most outspoken of "you" speaks for about... 75% did you say???

Or are "we" just somehow incapable of independent thought??

Apparently, we haven't crossed paths in these sort of threads. I'm sarcastic about this sort of thing. Very.
I'm a strong Obama supporter, have been since the Don Imus outbreak.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
You're wasting your time in trying to debate these issues with this person in any manner near rational, as I learned for myself (and as I was so advised) in another thread. This person is at best (by her own admission) a Hillary supporter (and no doubt a sore loser at that), and possibly now a McCain supporter...to say the least.

You learned you had a weak argument that you failed to support in the other thread. You attempted to play the race card on something and ended up looking silly as Obama did sitting behind his faux Presidential Seal. Now you come on this thread making accusations and statements that have little relevance to the conversation because you didn't like how you looked in the other thread.

See. That's what I mean. Your entire argument is based on newspaper clippings. You have got to be teh most pretentious, irrational, dogmatic non sequitur I've ever come across.

You seem to be the one who is irrational. Your charge is a silly one...that I'm not being anecdotal enough. LOL. My argument is based on a personal account and has support in News articles because the argument is being discussed in many circles and has been deemed to represent a common feeling amongst some African Americans.

Last edited:

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You learned you had a weak argument that you failed to support in the other thread. You attempted to play the race card on something and ended up looking silly as Obama did sitting behind his faux Presidential Seal. Now you come on this thread making accusations and statements that have little relevance to the conversation because you didn't like how you looked in the other thread.

You seem to be the one who is irrational. Your charge is a silly one...that I'm not being anecdotal enough. LOL. My argument is based on a personal account and has support in News articles because the argument is being discussed in many circles and has been deemed to represent a common feeling amongst some African Americans.

Exactly. Some. You're completely ignoring McCain's inconsistencies for the sake of trying to flame Obama for such trivial things. Every post you make is preceded by a quote or article from the black agenda report and Jesse Jackson. For every one black that agrees with Jackson , there are 2 that agree with Obama.

It's easy to say he's talking down to black people , but you can't explain it. All you can do is repeat what you hear from these silly ass propagandist. As I said , argumentum ad populum.

So yes , you are irrational.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Exactly. Some. You're completely ignoring McCain's inconsistencies for the sake of trying to flame Obama for such trivial things. Every post you make is preceded by a quote or article from the black agenda report and Jesse Jackson. For every one black that agrees with Jackson , there are 2 that agree with Obama.

It's easy to say he's talking down to black people , but you can't explain it. All you can do is repeat what you hear from these silly ass propagandist. As I said , argumentum ad populum.

So yes , you are irrational.

You seem to be the only one who is irrational.

This discussion and this thread is about what Jesse Jackson said about Obama. This is not about McCain. Every post I make is not preceded by a quote from Jesse Jackson nor an article. I incorporate information into my arguments while you rely on your anecdotal accounts as if they alone provide any support for your statements.

The point I made was there are other schools of thought out there outside of Obama. There are African Americans who do not fall in line with the Obamanites and who do not believe the only way to think is to agree with whatever Obama thinks. There are Americans of every color who believe that Obama is arrogant in his actions and statements: as in his faux Presidential Seal, his Bitter Comments and now lecturing the African American community and talking down to them. There are many who find Obama's move to the center and flip flopping on important issues to be playing politics simply for votes. There are many that believe Obama lacks the courage of conviction and has not put in the work on much of anything. For many, the issues Jesse Jackson raised in his crude remarks of Obama were reflective of problems that they themselves have with the Senator. Maybe you should read the article in the Washington Post so that you can gain an understanding and stop being irrational.:wink:

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You seem to be the only one who is irrational.

This discussion and this thread is about what Jesse Jackson said about Obama. This is not about McCain. Every post I make is not preceded by a quote from Jesse Jackson nor an article. I incorporate information into my arguments while you rely on your anecdotal accounts as if they alone provide any support for your statements.

The point I made was there are other schools of thought out there outside of Obama. There are African Americans who do not fall in line with the Obamanites and who do not believe the only way to think is to agree with whatever Obama thinks. There are Americans of every color who believe that Obama is arrogant in his actions and statements: as in his faux Presidential Seal, his Bitter Comments and now lecturing the African American community and talking down to them. There are many who find Obama's move to the center and flip flopping on important issues to be playing politics simply for votes. There are many that believe Obama lacks the courage of conviction and has not put in the work on much of anything. For many, the issues Jesse Jackson raised in his crude remarks of Obama were reflective of problems that they themselves have with the Senator. Maybe you should read the article in the Washington Post so that you can gain an understanding and stop being irrational.:wink:

Thanks for further proving my point. Your entire argument is a regurgitation of the words of others. All you can say is that he talks down to blacks but you haven't mentioned how. You are just repeating. You have no evidence except Jesse Jackson and the black agenda report. Just because you say something over and over and other people do too doesn't make it true. It's easy to spew random shit.

The sun only weighs 10 pounds.

See how easy that was. Now if someone else says it , it's true. At least according to your "logic".

Wow he had a fake presidential seal. Big fucking woop. Wow he said that there are bitter people in this nation and that black fathers need to step up. What a heretic eh?

You obviously have a very narrow mind to think that if you support Obama that you agree with everything he says.

And what flip flopping has he done on important issues ?

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Thanks for further proving my point. Your entire argument is a regurgitation of the words of others. All you can say is that he talks down to blacks but you haven't mentioned how. You are just repeating. You have no evidence except Jesse Jackson and the black agenda report. Just because you say something over and over and other people do too doesn't make it true. It's easy to spew random shit.

The sun only weighs 10 pounds.

See how easy that was. Now if someone else says it , it's true. At least according to your "logic".

Wow he had a fake presidential seal. Big fucking woop. Wow he said that there are bitter people in this nation and that black fathers need to step up. What a heretic eh?

You obviously have a very narrow mind to think that if you support Obama that you agree with everything he says.

And what flip flopping has he done on important issues ?

You are the only one spewing random crap. Half of the time you don't even know what you are talking about.

You are obviously not informed and I'm not going to do the work for you. If do not know what Obama said...research it. If you do not understand what many believe is Obama's down talking then that is your problem and nothing I say or explain it will "reveal" for you. We disagree on the assessment Jesse Jackson made of Obama. I stated my argument and it is supported. The argument is known, documented and believed to be true by many Americans. Just because you don't agree does not mean it is dismissed by your irrationality. Perhaps you should read first.

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't want you to reasearch anything for me. I just want you to provide some proof of him talking down to us instead of just saying it over and over. In no way am I trying to say that what Jackson said is an absolute truth or untrugh based on my rationale. You're confusing me with you. I've asked you to provide some type of proof for your accusations but you have shown to be nothing more than a conglomeration of buzz words.

But obviously you can't prove it and I will probably be met with a barrage of references to what other's think and how that somehow gives it veracity.

So I will give the last word to you.

Last edited: