An odd observation about Women

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by lokican, Jan 28, 2007.

1. lokican

lokican Member

Hi while I use to be very cynical about relationships, I'm tarting to find myself in one right now. I have seen a lot of my friends become "whiped" by their gf's and growing up my mother had all the power.

As a result I am very stuborn in the relationship, and have no fears standing up for myself. I always noticed that to get a girl a guy who acts half interested, and a bit of a dick has women all over him (has worked for me). I've come to the conclusion that a guy whould always stand up fro himself and even act a little bit of a dick and not only women will respect him, but tneds to keep them intrested in you.

Was wondering if the other females agreew with this. I mean a guy who is whiped can't be intresting in the long run, can it?

2. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

I want a man that stands up for what he believes in... but I don't want a man that I have to fight with all the time either.

3. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

Woman do have all the power. Why should you fear it? Women rule the world. I think its wonderfull.:smile: A song by Joan Armatrading- If women ruled the world. Listen to it. Learn something........

4. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

Haha... it's posts like this that make me like you more and more....

5. chicagosam

Gold Member

"Whipped," "whiped," or "wiped"? Which is it?

6. lokican

lokican Member

They always say if women ruled the world there would be no war, and i agree. But based on female's friends ships with other femals every nations CIA would be conducting so many secretive operations against each other. One nation would infect another with Ebola, and then be the first to offer help lol:smile:

7. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

You do have all the power. Im not being funny.........:cool:

8. Ethyl

Gold Member

Albums:
    Anyone, men or women, can know their boundaries and ask for what they want/need in a relationship without being an asshole.

People who feel they have to be a bit of a "dick" or in some cases, a "bitch", are often resorting to passive aggressive measures to gain attention when they could be getting what they want the easy way - by asking. And if someone is not willing to give you want or need in a relationship, leave. You're wasting your time if you stay.

9. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

Yes! I sense in his post he wants to own a woman. Once you try to own anybody and not give them the freedom to be who they are its over. Dont fear a strong woman. They can only make YOU stronger.:cool:

10. Pumblechook

Pumblechook New Member

Albums:
    I've never had power problems in my relationships. I don't really see any lines drawn where either one of us would be considered the power either. I think if people stop worrying about who is the more dominant person in the relationship and just co-exist in harmony together, the relationship will be fine and prosperous. This isn't just theoretical jargon either, since it's how mine have gone. You do have to have the right kind of people for it though.

11. PussyWellington

Albums:
    This thread makes me wonder how many people actually genuinely 'like' and enjoy the company of their partner.

12. Pumblechook

Pumblechook New Member

Albums:
    lol, me too.

13. chicagosam

Gold Member

I like Uncut.:biggrin1:

14. JustAsking

Gold Member

That's a big 10-4. I don't even know where to start on this. What happened to two people going through life together sharing the joy and the pain, and helping each other become what they ought to be? A relationship is all about the dynamics of shifting needs and support, loving and being loved, etc. Its not about dominance, submission and mind games. Any generalizations about who should "have the power" has no meaning when it comes to a mature and healthy relationship.

Lokican, have you considered just carrying a club around to knock women out and dragging them home by their hair. That would be a heck of a lot easier than worrying who should have the "power". In fact if you can keep the woman unconscious forever, you might have the perfect relationship by your reckoning. No arguments and no challenge to your authority.

15. Nitrofiend

Nitrofiend New Member

Pumblechook's assertion about female preference is quite true, IF he's only referring to a one-night stand or fling. Most girls wouldn't tolerate that kind of passive bullshit over the duration of a relationship.

I believe that a relationship shouldn't make two people whole, but rather combine the both of their strengths into two. Too often you see clingy people siphoning off of confident ones, and sometimes you see two clingy people in one relationship. I honestly think that everyone has a different perspective on what a relationship should be like, and thus a relationship can be successful on his or her own terms, but not on someone else's (or even their partner's). I also believe that a genuine relationship is very difficult to find and most people carry too much baggage with them to even stand a chance at forming one.

That said, most relationships have one even slightly more dominant partner that exerts more control over the other. It's almost unavoidable, but there's a certain equilibrium where the less dominant parter reverses the process once the more dominant partner exceeds a boundary. A relationship is almost like a governing body, and a lot more complex than most people give it credit.

I personally prefer relationships where very little effort is needed to keep them stable, and both partners are open-minded and temperate in their emotions. I like to keep a relationship light-hearted, but make sure its based on a strong foundation. If that foundation has been compromised by either an outside or inside force, there's not much that can be done to repair the situation (such that stress cracks don't rip those repairs apart), and chances are, it's over.

16. B_hungnate

B_hungnate New Member

I don't think so, man. I have buddies who are whipped and it's just because they let themselves get like that. I don't think you have to be a jerk or anything but guys don't have to act like pussies around their women either. Personally I don't have too much experience with relationships but I have a little, and my attitude is I stand my ground for sure but that doesn't mean you have to be a jerk about it. As I heard someone say once, "it's OK to say no POLITELY."

17. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

I dont treat women like shit. I had one in Arizona treat me like shit. One day i said baby im going to the store and never went back. That was nine years ago. People allow themselfs to be treated badly. Some people like being treated badly. Thats a whole other topic. Yes i see your point too. You have to be carefull......:cool:

18. viking1

Gold Member

Very good point. That is how I see it anyway. I am looking for a true caring and supportive relationship with the right woman. I am not interested in the "who will be the boss" thing at all.

I do agree that for one night stands the "bad boy" image can work really well. I have seen it too many times. I guess that why the one night stand women have little interest in me.

19. Male Bonding etc

Gold Member

I think Just Asking makes some valid points. They bring to mind the degree to which media and politicians have played on our primal instincts so that the instinctual behavior overrides the intelligent behavior and they get us to buy, vote or think how they want us to for their self-serving ends and not for the improvement of human relations or lives.

20. Gisella

Gold Member

Well..I think whats happened is that many adults today were kids from divorces and broken "living in" relationships..they did not see maturity and healthy relationship as exemples as growing up in their experiences etc..and this circle goes on because couples are not sharing and going throu life together as they used in the past as stick until the end...It takes a lot of working in ourselves 1st to enter in relationships.

But this struggle power stuff maybe bags we carry inside of us not dealth before relationships..I think.

Draft saved Draft deleted