an older guy question

B_thickjohnny

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm 53 this September and I'm starting to notice that my cock does not jump to attention as it once did. It gets there and stays and performs perfectly but while my partner gets hard immediate, it takes me sometimes a long time to get there. I use to also get hard or semi hard just standing in the shower or sauna looking at someone. Now it seems I have to really play with myself to get there. Am I alone??

B_hardasarokkk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
You are not alone there. I found the same thing but I now use a rubber cock ring which just feels great to wear and certainly gets my juices flowing. Do you ever hand jelq to get the blood up to your dick head??

Mike

B_thickjohnny

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I do this in the mornings while I shower - using the soap. This morning, for example, my BF was a bit amorous. Maybe I was still tired but it seemed like a long time before it even started to grow. I don't think I need the little blue pill yet because, as I said, I get rock hard and it stays that way even after I cum. My younger BF cums and goes limp immediately. I'm just the opposite!

lilbear

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You are not alone. I am the same age and have found the same thing. Used to get hard at the drop of a hat. Now it takes a little more stimulation. Seems to come with age.
I may be old(er) but not dead!!!

CALAMBO

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Hey...guys my age 53...same here....but do not be afraid of needing a bit of help, may it be BLUE MAGIC...or a cock ring. I use them both, sometimes together...enjoy what u have....most sex is between the ears...and the body follows those orders....enjoy i plan on doing same as along as i live and breathe...may the COCK GOD BE WITH US ALL.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I was rarely a fast-starter/constantly rock-hard guy even when I was in my 20s. I've always considered going up and down to be part of sex, and overcoming plateaus without "upping the ante" has always been even more difficult. That's probably what led me to try things off the page of the vanilla sex handbook.

Guys over 50 should get their testosterone checked as part of their regular health care screenings. When I started a routine of physician-monitored, medically-required testosterone replacement therapy about a year ago, the difference was immediate and impressive. I hadn't noticed the lack of intense morning wood, for instance, until it returned.

Edited to add: I'm 49, but living with HIV as long as I have has aged me in unusual ways.

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media
I was rarely a fast-starter/constantly rock-hard guy even when I was in my 20s. I've always considered going up and down to be part of sex, and overcoming plateaus without "upping the ante" has always been even more difficult. That's probably what led me to try things off the page of the vanilla sex handbook.

Guys over 50 should get their testosterone checked as part of their regular health care screenings. When I started a routine of physician-monitored, medically-required testosterone replacement therapy about a year ago, the difference was immediate and impressive. I hadn't noticed the lack of intense morning wood, for instance, until it returned.

Edited to add: I'm 49, but living with HIV as long as I have has aged me in unusual ways.

Bbucko is correct. T levels are very important. I found that my Total and Free T levels jumped from low to high normal when I found DIM supplements (All About Diindolylmethane (DIM)). DIM prevents the Estrogen that us older dudes seem to pick up more of, from filling up our Testosterone receptors so the T can get through. Result equals everything you would expect from a higher T level. It takes a few weeks before the morning wood returns. But if you want a return to when the wind blows you get hard and you are always aware of your nips, try Horny Goat Weed. Only takes 2 days for that to bring your libido back up to what it felt like in high school.
:biggrin1: