An ugly trend

Dr. Bubbles

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by madame_zora@Mar 29 2005, 11:12 PM
So, BB, are you buying a plane ticket to the reservation?
[post=295038]Quoted post[/post]​

hmmm Zora, I would, but I think our lovely Jon would be afraid... You know, I would have to check out that package first and then move along accordingly, if needed.

Damnit Zora, I told you I was trying to be nice and behave! :p

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by bblumbee+Mar 29 2005, 11:16 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bblumbee &#064; Mar 29 2005, 11:16 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-madame_zora@Mar 29 2005, 11:12 PM
So, BB, are you buying a plane ticket to the reservation?
[post=295038]Quoted post[/post]​

hmmm Zora, I would, but I think our lovely Jon would be afraid... You know, I would have to check out that package first and then move along accordingly, if needed.

Damnit Zora, I told you I was trying to be nice and behave&#33; :p
[post=295039]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Geez BB, you just got your doctorate- if anybody deserves to sow a few wild oats, it&#39;s you&#33; I&#39;d bet the ever elusive jonb could be convinced to show you around a bit...

Dr. Bubbles

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sowing wild oats... :blush: Me? lol

I do tend to be conservative, you know&#33; ;)

You know, I will give Jon this... he is not the typical NDN man I know. Most, or at least the majority of whom I am familiar, tend to be horndogs. Jon is quite the gentleman, at least from what I have seen. Granted, he has a tendency to speak his mind, which is good, but as you stated... remains elusive. Maybe that is because of his unavailability... (How can I help you transition from that problem, hun?) ;) :wow:

Now, I am back to behaving and trying to be conservative. :eyes:

NelsonMuntz84: I have to be honest an admit when I normally see the threads Naughty is mentioning I give them a miss, because you just know the crap that is going to be in them and they hold no interest for me and 99.9% of the rest of the members here.

I think Mark does a very good job getting rid of problem members shall we say, but maybe we should also look at not responding to such threads, simply alerting Mark to them and letting him deal with the thread and the person being offensive.

I&#39;ve had the pleasure of speaking to Naughty a couple of times in the chat-room and she is always very easy going and liberial minded, and I think when people are starting to annoy and worry for want of a better word members such as that we all need to be aware of it.

There many great people on here and very few trolls compared to many other sites and I&#39;m not eve talking about one&#39;s relating to sex&#33; lol.

I dont think a witch hunt or thread upon thread saying he or she is a troll is the way to go incase I&#39;ve not got my point clear enough, its actually ignoring these people that has the real effect, because attention is what they want. Ignore the threads, make Mark and others aware of it, and let them deal with it, I personally feel thats the best way to go and let all of us continue to enjoy this site.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You&#39;re missing the point Chimera TX. We don&#39;t want any of your evidence.

Your stance on racial separation is as archaic as they come. Race is a human construct. Science has taught us time and again that two people of different ethnicities can have much more in common genetically than two people of the same "race."

This is America and you are free to believe whatever you wish to believe (regardless of how little we think about it). That also means, that we can choose to not listen to it here. You have heard many of the veteran members here--Zora, Pecker, et.al.--ask nicely that you don&#39;t spread your filth here. Consider that the board has spoken and given your ludicrous attempts to support your ridiculous claims a unanimous THUMBS DOWN.

If you insist--I&#39;ll simply ask Mark to ban you. Is that clear enough?

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Chimera, after what we went through last night, I retract that request. Regardless of what "evidence" you may present, I already disagree with it. I have posted several places about why- because it detracts from our collective humanness. Anything I&#39;ve posted that I WANTED answered, you&#39;ve completely ignored, so I sure don&#39;t want to hear any racist shit I already know I won&#39;t agree with.

This is not a personal attack on you, but an emphatic statement that this is NOT a racist friendly site, and I refuse to waste any more time discussing it. I will echo what Lex has said, if we can&#39;t move on from here, I&#39;ll ask Mark to make it stop.

lapdog2001

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I doubt any evidence that you have will from unbiased sources. Racism and bigotry are learned behaviors.

I&#39;ve seen many young children of every color of the rainbow all playing togther, not caring who has darker or lighter skin, as much as they don&#39;t care about hair color or any of the rest of human features.

I&#39;ve also seen children who will interact with the mentally retarded or the physically handicapped as if there was nothing different about them.

Yes, I child will ask "Why don&#39;t your legs work?" or "Where is all your hair?" or will notice racial differences, but just out of curiosity. A simple explanation that &#39;people come in diffrent colors&#39; and off they go playing and having fun together.

I saw an experiment done with Catholic and Protestant children from Northern Ireland, many years ago. A group from both denominations spent a few weeks in the US, but none of the children knew each other. They had a wonderful time together and many bonded and formed great relationships. They were interviewed at the end of their stay about religion and were asked what would they do if they found out that their playmates were of the &#39;opposite&#39; religion. Every one said "I&#39;d hate him, because nnnnnn are bad people." The hatred of the &#39;other side&#39; was instilled in them from their families and culture, but was completely forgotten when they didn&#39;t know what the other person was.

Racism sucks. :mad:

LapDog :p

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Um folks, for the record, his birthdate is blank on his profile, but he just said in Young and Hung that he is a few days away from his 15th birthday&#33; I&#39;m sorry for this entire discourse, I would have saved my breath.

Sorry to be dismissive, but I am. At one-third my age, you simply haven&#39;t had time to read or consider ANY subject to the extent that I have, and you certainly haven&#39;t had ANY opportunity to see this subject in action outside the little microcausm of your parents&#39; home.

Reactions: Ehg_pl_ant

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by ChimeraTX+Mar 30 2005, 02:28 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChimeraTX &#064; Mar 30 2005, 02:28 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-madame_zora@Mar 29 2005, 09:20 PM
Um folks, for the record, his birthdate is blank on his profile, but he just said in Young and Hung that he is a few days away from his 15th birthday&#33; I&#39;m sorry for this entire discourse, I would have saved my breath.

Sorry to be dismissive, but I am. At one-third my age, you simply haven&#39;t had time to read or consider ANY subject to the extent that I have, and you certainly haven&#39;t had ANY opportunity to see this subject in action outside the little microcausm of your parents&#39; home.
[post=295093]Quoted post[/post]​

Honestly, I am absolutely certain you are correct. I have been to thirty-nine states, and four countries, but I haven&#39;t experienced what you have. I wouldn&#39;t take anyone my age seriously if I were in your position, and I appreciate that you and the rest of the board has been so kind to me. :)
[post=295096]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

You certainly haven&#39;t merited kindness, you have been rude and egotistical, which is pretty normal for a 14 year old, but I thought all along I was talking to an adult. Had I known you were a child, I would have taken a pass.

In your VAST experience, have you held a job, applied for a mortgage, tried to purchase a car? You have no idea what people who experience racial prejudice go through, and it shows through your lack of empathy. I was 14 once, you have never been 42. I know what it feels like for adults not to take you seriously, but at 14 you don&#39;t fully understand why. Regardless of how mature you are "for your age", you simply cannot compensate for some things that life experience will teach you. I know you won&#39;t agree with this, because at 14 you think you know everything- I did too. At 21 I figured out I had a long way to go, and now in my 40&#39;s I realise that no human being will ever make it beyond the most fundamental understanding of the nature of things. I expect to be completely retarded by 60.

A long time ago I swore off engaging in discourse about racial prejudice because it&#39;s like arguing about the Easter Bunny. There is no way to intelligently defend a concept which is innately stupid. I gave you the benefit of the doubt because at first you appeared not to be racist, but just suggesting a theory. Later it became clearer that you do in fact think you&#39;re better than others by little comments like "well, you won&#39;t have to worry about me hitting on you" when you found out I wasn&#39;t white. I&#39;m not a pedophile anyway, so thanks&#33; The concept of racism is based in a belief that certain races are superior to others. You can site studies all day and all night, but if they prove that point, they have been conducted by psychopaths who are willing to invest time and money into proving erroneous information. I have absolutley no interest in either filling my mind with nonsense or indulging to whims of children in this area. You have already found that you are all alone here in this, which is no surprise to me. If you think it will earn you respect amoung this group of highly intellectually gifted people to spew out mentally stunted garbage like racism, then have at it and see how long your welcome here lasts. I am deeply resentful at the amount of time I wasted on you, I wish Mark would make it mandatory for members to fill out their profiles before they post so we&#39;ll know when we&#39;re dealing with the kinder-crew. The fact that you are so very haughty about your extremely limited life experience is evidence of your youth. Life is sure going to kick you in the balls, and hard&#33;

By the way, I started college the summer after my sophomore year of high school, have four years in Psychology, worked in a rape crisis center, Managed cemeteries and counselled grieving families, hired , fired and trained sales crews, counselled people on alcoholism, worked with attourneys on EEO claims, acted as a union steward while at the Post office, run my own business for fifteen yrears while holding other jobs, raised a child alone, made car payments, travelled more than you, so gee- you&#39;ll excuse me if I find your huge life experience laughable.

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
I grew up belonging to the upper middle class in the deep south. My father taught me that no matter how much my peers may beg to differ, I was no better than anyone else based on the color of my skin. I believe this emphatically.

That having been said, I still consider myself a racist. It&#39;s a matter of semantics. To me racism is merely admitting that certain ethnic groups have some things in common different from others. Not better, just different.

If we were to randomly select 100 people from Iceland and 100 from Japan and mix them up into one big group, it would probably be pretty easy to separate them (racially) with a high degree of accuracy. Is one group superior? Not to my way of thinking. But there are general differences in appearance, diet, etc. To pretend otherwise is intellectually dishonest. Some of you will probably argue that the only difference is in appearance. That under the skin we are all exactly the same. I find that a bit of a stretch.

The real enemies are prejudice and bigotry. These traits lead people to prejudge individuals based on their ethnicity or race. That&#39;s a lot of bullshit - since individual variation within groups runs the gamut.

Political correctness has taken us to the point where saying the obvious brands one a pariah. Call me Winston Smith. Burn me for my thoughtcrime.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by Shelby@Mar 30 2005, 07:58 PM
I still consider myself a racist. It&#39;s a matter of semantics. To me racism is merely admitting that certain ethnic groups have some things in common different from others.

But there is a dictionary definition of racism: the doctrine or teaching, without scientific support, that claims to find racial differences in character, intelligence, etc., that asserts the superority of one race over another or others, and that seeks to maintain the purity of a race or the races. [Emphasis added.] That&#39;s not you, Shelby. Racism is a form of discrimination and prejudice, not just the recognition of differences. You&#39;re no racist, so you don&#39;t need to lump yourself with the David Dukes and George Wallaces of the world.

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by DoubleMeatWhopper+Mar 30 2005, 08:18 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DoubleMeatWhopper &#064; Mar 30 2005, 08:18 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Shelby@Mar 30 2005, 07:58 PM
I still consider myself a racist. It&#39;s a matter of semantics. To me racism is merely admitting that certain ethnic groups have some things in common different from others.

But there is a dictionary definition of racism: the doctrine or teaching, without scientific support, that claims to find racial differences in character, intelligence, etc., that asserts the superority of one race over another or others, and that seeks to maintain the purity of a race or the races. [Emphasis added.] That&#39;s not you, Shelby. Racism is a form of discrimination and prejudice, not just the recognition of differences. You&#39;re no racist, so you don&#39;t need to lump yourself with the David Dukes and George Wallaces of the world.
[post=295253]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Guess I should have consulted my Webster&#39;s before spouting off. My rant was based on my percieved meaning and general disgust with uninformed political correctness. In this case it turns out i&#39;m the one who was uninformed.

Demonizing words is a pet peeve of mine. For example it&#39;s ok to integrate software app&#39;s, but people must be desegregated.

As it is thanks for the clarification DMW :)

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Shelby, I do understand what you&#39;re saying, and of course people are different in some ways. It speaks well of your family that you were raised to respect all people as being of equal value, that is a good gift. You weren&#39;t here last year when we went through this topic as a group in great detail, and some of my quickness to dismiss this topic is related to that. Several black men talked in depth about how damaging that particular stereotype is because most black men are average size, like everybody else. However, when all of society believes something so farfetched to the contrary, then all your prospective partners are expecting you to be hung like a donkey too. Since most are in fact average, they are made to feel inadequate more than the "average white guy". If we allow this misconception to continue, we (perhaps unknowingly) bring trauma and self-loathing to a group of people who gets shit on by society pretty regularly already, it seems unconcionably cruel to me.

There is a saying in Sanskrit, "Wisdom with compassion leads to enlightenment". To me, any bare data that is void of interest on it&#39;s social impact is unenlightened. Any data gathered with the intent of proving a certain set of facts will probably prove those facts, but that doesn&#39;t make it true. I have yet to find a penis size study that was NOT self-measured, even Kinsey who I believe is as close to accurate as it gets.

I started a thread on cock size and intelligence shortly after I joined here bacuse I was so impressed with the level of conversational discussion I found. I started asking guys privately if they knew their IQ scores. Some did, many didn&#39;t. The ones who self-reported were very much in keeping with their linguistic skills, and the others took an online IQ test I sent them to and emailed me the results. I have long been able to guess fairly close (within about 10 pts either way) a person&#39;s IQ by their written verbal skills, not just their sentence structure but also the subjects they find interesting, what they spend time thinking about, a lot of things go into it. There were no surprises in my "research". Now, this was as unoffcial as it gets, because I was only asking guys that I knew were smart and had a big dick&#33; However, only about 2% of the population has an IQ over 130 and only about 2% of the population has a dick over 8&#39;&#39;, so what would be the likelihood that I&#39;d find over 100 men who had both in just a few days? Well, the problem is, that this site has set the bar pretty high for conversation, so many who feel they can&#39;t "keep up" gramatically won&#39;t post here, so we have some serious self-selection going on. Out of 11,000+ members, only about 300 post, so that&#39;s just over 2%&#33; Of the posting members, less than half are actually hung, many are average and some are women. The level of intelligence revealed through writing does not vary from hung to average to women (I did ask or test a few from the other groups.) I dropped the theory because it was more for my amusement than anything else and it was clear that it was insulting to a lot of people who don&#39;t need that. My point is that I could have easily put together a compelling looking study and submitted it to a known institute on sex research had I been thus inclined and you might be reading about it today. That wouldn&#39;t make it factual, still only my opinion based on a small sampling.

My problem with racially biased information is not that they don&#39;t have any point at all, but that more often than not, it is collected for the purpose of proving the inferiority of one race compared to another. Even when it&#39;s supposedly a compliment, ie "black men are better at sports, have bigger dicks, are physically stronger" the VERY CLEAR implication socially is that they&#39;ve got the better physique, but whites have the better brains. Now, I&#39;m sure I&#39;ve read more studies than almost anyone on this and I find them to be horrendously slanted and unfounded in anything realistic. We must always remember how very recently we started realising that insulting blacks was a bad thing&#33; Many of these studies were done when it was a "commonly acccepted fact" that blacks were inferior. Well, there was a time when it was a "commonly accepted fact" that the world was flat- that still didn&#39;t make it true.

Discernment- use it or lose it. Weigh carefully what you choose to accept as fact. Gather data from as many varied sources as possible before making any kind of determination. Learn more, read more, love more. Use your briiliant minds and do not separate them from your hearts. We will find things closer to the truth in this manner.

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
MZ - as always, your words reveal high intelligence along with a deep empathy and understanding of the human condition.

I get it that certain stereotypes, concepts and/or buzzwords can cause some people emotional trauma. And I know that some level of discretion is necessary. But I hate it when past injustices make the mere mention of a
controversial subject taboo.

ps - I don&#39;t pretend to know where the proper balance should be struck.

hung_big: Sorry Chimera, but hun...I&#39;m 15...and I have to step in.

If you think because you can throw a bunch of jargon at Jana and call youself her equal in anything than you better think again.

Buddy, I am 15 and I know how it is liked to be demeaned and patronized because of one&#39;s age. Age, I feel, isn&#39;t a good indicator of anything, because people are individuals and their intelligence and worldiness is based on what has happened in their life, not their age. Of course, age restricts some of it, but that&#39;s another thing all together.

You come off quite high and mighty on yourself. Like Jana said, she wouldn&#39;t put in a second thought had she known your age. But she did, of course, say that she had thought she was speaking to an adult - something to your credit.

But I will say this. You are not on par with her. She is wise beyond even her years.

Not to say you are not intelligent - far from it, but take yourself off the pedastal that you have obviously placed yourself on and take a listen to yourself. This is coming from somebody who is your peer and equal, not as a patronizing adult, treating you derrogitorially.

You are the type who give teenagers the bad stereotype that we are conceited and arrogant. Albeit, I&#39;m guilty of it sometimes myself (I won&#39;t pretend like I&#39;m not), but if there is one thing I hate more than even prejudice in this world is arrogance. Alas, look at what this has come to - an intelligent teenager, worthy of intillectual conversation and debate coming off as arrogant and ill-mannered. Chimera buddy - get over yourself.