An Unusual Request/Post/Personal/Rant

simplystephen

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's unusual because it's rarely seen on this type of site. So here goes:

Okay, here's the thing. Whatever happened to dating? Whatever happened to meeting a guy, going out to a nice restaurant, having really good conversation, company and food, returning home, getting a goodnight kiss and that's it? Where did that go? Is it somewhere hiding? Can we get it back?

It seems that somewhere along the way the art form of dating has been lost. Somewhere along the way humans - regardless of sexual orientation - discovered they could skip the "getting to know you" part and head straight for the "getting to fuck you" part.

Am I wrong for actually wanting to wait before dropping my pants and grabbing my ankles? What's so wrong about waiting, anyway? Where has it been written - recently, by the way - that the quickest way to a man's heart is through his dick, mouth or ass?

I understand the need to fuck. Really I do. In fact, I love to fuck just as much as the other guy. But you know what I really want? To go out on a date. To exchange the energy of "getting to know you" over wine and food and maybe even a good movie. I swear it's been so long since I've been on an actual date I've forgotten what one smells like.

Is it a crime to want romance? Is it wrong for me to want to be wined and dined without the 69? Is it wrong to want candlelit dinners and dancing by the moonlight? Who made it against the law to want to know what's between a guy's ears long before you know what's between his legs?
And I'm not talking about waiting forever, here. I don't have a "three date rule" or a "one month rule" or whatever rule is out there that impedes the natural progression of relationships. All I'm saying is there has GOT to be more to life than one-night stands.

Don't get me wrong. I am just as much human as the next guy. There are times when masturbation just isn't gonna cut it for me and I need to get laid. And there will be times that I go out for the sole purpose of finding someone to take home for the night. But more often than not, lately I have found that masturbation is quicker, easier, and nobody gets hurt at the end of the night when you're cleaning up. So those times I put on my "fuck me" jeans and go to the nearest "fuck me" bar are getting fewer and farther in between.

So to wrap all this up, I guess what I'm saying is I want to start dating again. No expectations of the future, no picking out china patterns, no backing the U-Haul truck up to your front door. I just want to go out on a date. As casual or as formal as you'd like. I wanna get to know you before I fuck you. And maybe that's like asking for the moon nowadays, but I refuse to give up hope.

Peace.

W/In 1 Stand Dev

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm right there with ya dude!

Good post!

Call me a prude or old fashioned. I met this gal via eHarmony, and on the second date we were already back at her place doing the deed.

I was surprised to say the least....:eek:

And then after a few nights in a row of sex, sex and more sex, she asked me what my last name was, "again".

I started a thread about it in the women's issue section.

So I don't know what to think about this gal.

Is she a slut?

Should I get emotionally involved with her, or what?

Sorry, not to hijack your thread, but, yeah, whatever happened to the good ol' days of courtship and woo'ing a partner?

B_spotted_duck

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's unusual because it's rarely seen on this type of site. So here goes:

Is it a crime to want romance? Is it wrong for me to want to be wined and dined without the 69? Is it wrong to want candlelit dinners and dancing by the moonlight? Who made it against the law to want to know what's between a guy's ears long before you know what's between his legs?
And I'm not talking about waiting forever, here. I don't have a "three date rule" or a "one month rule" or whatever rule is out there that impedes the natural progression of relationships. All I'm saying is there has GOT to be more to life than one-night stands.

Don't get me wrong. I am just as much human as the next guy. There are times when masturbation just isn't gonna cut it for me and I need to get laid. And there will be times that I go out for the sole purpose of finding someone to take home for the night. But more often than not, lately I have found that masturbation is quicker, easier, and nobody gets hurt at the end of the night when you're cleaning up. So those times I put on my "fuck me" jeans and go to the nearest "fuck me" bar are getting fewer and farther in between.

So to wrap all this up, I guess what I'm saying is I want to start dating again. No expectations of the future, no picking out china patterns, no backing the U-Haul truck up to your front door. I just want to go out on a date. As casual or as formal as you'd like. I wanna get to know you before I fuck you. And maybe that's like asking for the moon nowadays, but I refuse to give up hope.

Peace.

So... advertise and ask for that. And if a woman offers sex, and you don't want to go there yet or at all, say so.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have no idea but I wish it would come back. I don't quite get the new rules of m/f encounters. :redface:

MidwestGal

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm with you all as well. The getting to know you phase seems to take a backseat to physical attraction and it should be the other way around....at least for me. It's a huge turn off for me on the few dates I have been on in the past couple of years at being pawed at instead of someone talking, holding up a decent conversation, or even holding my hand at some point during the evening.........sigh